1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Beauty! GP Emotion 1.3MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by deepsp, Jan 25, 2011.

1. deepsp

deepsp

Mumbai
    Hey Guys,

Finally got our family GP Emotion 1.3MJD delivered last friday. Already driven 160k in the past 3 days. What a beauty! Drive/handling/ride comfort/ space everything is excellent! Well fiat says the fuel economy will become better only after 1000 kms and become steady after 2000. so i'll put in my figures only after that.

until my next review, enjoy the pics. I'm not very fussed about the copyright thing... if anyone wants a full resolution version of any of these pics please PM me your email address and I'll email you without the copyright stamp. More to come in this thread when I go for long drives :) I need better locales... right now just clicked these at the showroom and under my apartment.

If anyones considering buying a new Grande Punto and needs any feedback from me.. I'd be more than happy to help as is the case with any other member of this lovely forum.

Cheers
    Pradeep

[attachment=10:27kfjyd5]DSC_1718.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=9:27kfjyd5]DSC_1727.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=6:27kfjyd5]DSC_1731.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=8:27kfjyd5]DSC_1737.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=7:27kfjyd5]DSC_1746.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=0:27kfjyd5]DSC_1752.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5]
    [attachment=5:27kfjyd5]DSC_1753.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=4:27kfjyd5]DSC_1759.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=3:27kfjyd5]DSC_1761b.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=2:27kfjyd5]DSC_1767.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5][attachment=1:27kfjyd5]DSC_1839.jpg[/attachment:27kfjyd5]

DSC_1718.jpg

DSC_1727.jpg

DSC_1731.jpg

DSC_1737.jpg

DSC_1746.jpg

DSC_1753.jpg

DSC_1759.jpg

DSC_1761b.jpg

DSC_1767.jpg

DSC_1839.jpg

DSC_1752.jpg
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Congrats buddy.... Punto looks business class in Medium grey.........
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey, Stunning Pictures Pradeep. The car Looks marvellous. Do share your buying/driving/dealership experience for the benefit of members.

The alloys uve put up, looks real great. Black alloys with chrom/silver rings. Great Choice. Do give details about the alloys as well. Have you changed the tyres ??

More Pictures are always welcome. Njoy the stunning beauty.
  4. AnacronicFIAT

AnacronicFIAT

Gurgaon
    CONGRATULATIONS!! nice pics
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    deepsp Congratulations !!pics looks fantastic as well as the car... :wow

The alloys needs special mention looks superb.. how much did you crack the deal for? what freebies was thrown in by the dealer? please share the details.

Enjoy your ride and drive safely.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations, Pradeep. Enjoy the Beauty !!

THose Seat covers look different (you mentioned free accessories). Can you post more pics of it?
  7. Congrats Pradeep. Your beauty look stunning in those pictures.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats pradeep of havingthe great Italian beauty at home, Neighbours must be jealous by this great beauty, Yeah Medium Grey looks dashing. (ofcourse all colours are eye catching with this great car), do post the review with the showroom guys.
  9. deepsp

deepsp

Mumbai
    thank you all for your kind words... with GP its admiration guaranteed - only with people who know their cars though! I have had people giving me weird looks when i told them i bought FIAT. guess its because of its old image that still carries on in Indian minds. Well its upto us to change that image I guess. The way I see it - more members join in to teamfiat... more awareness... more number of fiats on the road... change of image... better resale value ;)

@shashank: it does look business class... doesnt it! no doubts... although i love all other colours as well... my personal pref was BNW but my mum went with med grey! She had loved tuscan wine but the colour wasnt available with the dealer at that time.

@ansal11: thanks buddy... The alloys did add heaps to the overall look. I went for 15" lensos. changed the tyres from the stock 165/80 R14 to 195/60 R15 BS Turanza ER60s. Great tyres! Good comfort... good handling... thats all I can say. Still got to test them in the monsoons :)

@cubbie and others with the same question: I struck the deal as follows:

Dealer: Galaxy Motors, Mulund West, Mumbai
    Sales Person: Praveen Chaubey
    Date of booking: 31st Dec 2010
    Car on road :
    6.4 lacs for GP 1.3MJD Emotion (insurance free, extended warranty free (imo - useless), corporate discount Rs. 9000, and additional discounts from dealer)

Free Accessories given:
    the usual (mudflaps, floor matting, cheap garware sunfilm, steering cover(seen in the pic), "air freshner" with no fragrance as yet)
    He added body cover (i thought it would be punto specific but i ended up getting a generic flimsy cover)
    The only thing worth mentioning are the seat covers. I got to choose which colour i wanted... and got perfectly fitting ones.

One thing i should mention is according to my VIN i have got a jul 2010 car... but till now with 200 k drive I'm not feeling a thing. Its a pretty nice car. the gear lever is a bit stiff especially when going from 1st to second. Pick up is not the best but does the job and power is felt after the turbo kicks in. The only thing disturbing i found was after i got the alloys done I could see that both the disc brakes areas in the front are rusted near the root. I did show it to the salesperson but he said it was "normal". "Usse Kuch Farak Nahi Padta". I'm gonna get it polished by a local guy this week.

Now coming back to wheels and tyres:
    Dealer: Anil, Super tyres, Mulund West, Mumbai
    5 x 15" lensos (light series) Rs. 25000
    5 turanza ER60s Rs. 22000
    total discount on my 14" stock tyres + wheels: 11000
    net price for 5 shoes = Rs. 36000

@ Vahanpujari: thanks again! Want to take this opportunity to thank you and all mods for doing such a great job. You dont even know how much this forum has helped me buying my car. Would love to meet all of you if another trip is organised (I'm sure it'll be). Regarding seat covers, i've mentioned the info in this post. I'll click some pictures of the interiors for the next lot of uploads.

@Tony: as an old onida add goes : neighbours' envy; owner's pride ;)
  10. HOW MUCH MILEAGE ITS COMING IN CITY and HIGHWAY