1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY ITALIAN BEAUTY - 1,00,000kms YOUNGER

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    You are taking this to next level. is that possible to fit New Linea Dash?
  2. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yep it's absolutely possible. You don't need to change any AC related electricals. Only few wiring harnesses is enough. Will get this done by my linea's 8th birthday. Even the paint job and body kit is also due for it. Planning a combo of leather+alcantara leather interiors done. Will be sourcing the alcantara from USA and get it stitched. Will wrap the new dashboard beige in alcantara with Italian flag stitched on the alcantara. As of now, will be going in for PU leather seat covers till the new dash fitment. Going for beige as of now in OEM design. Expecting to spend close to Rs.5,40,000/- including previous mods by next September. It's a decision made from my heart.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, a new issue has cropped up. My linea's MID i.e where the odo reading etc are displayed is not working. Actually after work in the evening in bidar, I was going to a super market. Everything was fine. After when I was returning, the service spanner came up on the MID and as per my memory, I got the service remainder deactivated at 45,000kms service and just went through and confirmed the same. Then the MID went blank and nothing. Will post the pics soon. Need experts view on this. There is never a dark day in the ownership of FIAT's and Mahindra. "Toyotas and their bullet proof reliability, Ah they do not have any stories to tell. See us , our life is full of stories:D"
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 27, 2016 ---
    image.jpg Guys here are the pics of the instrument cluster with engine running.
    image.jpg
    The pic of the MID with engine off and key in MAR position.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Guys,
    Today my Linea has suffered from an injury. It happened today in my colony when in opposite a vehicle was coming in and my son had no choice but to reverse due to continuous honking of the guy in the opposite, he reversed at the back without having a second look at his rear view mirror and then baaam!!! Then my son got out and checked it out, " Oh boy, it was huge!!!". He hit a street light pole. Damage seen through eyes :
    1.) Bumper dent and paint chipped.
    2.) Dent on the boot and Linea monogram also dented.
    3.) Misaligned spoiler with broken clip of the spoiler.

Solution :
    1.) Bumper dent can be removed as by pouring hot boiling water. Did the same on my Figo couple of years back and back to normal.
    2.) Denting and Repainting rear boot door and new Linea monogram.
    3.) Get a new clip and fix it.

Here's the pic :
    image.jpg

Feeling sad and my younger son was in tears to see her like this (he is a bit too attached to her ) eyesore on his favourite ride. Planning to claim insurance if the bill amount crosses 8-10k rupees. This is the second damage in last 7 yrs with the first being when my Linea got sandwiched once between two buses and both rear quarter panels were dented and painted and this happened before my first service.
    Raaz likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sad to see this. Hope you get your vehicle back to original shape. Such situations insurance will help. This is ultimate road rage on what the other guy did to heat up your son's mind. Sure such instances will teach your son to drive more composed in future.
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Ohhh Boy. So sorry for the beauty and your son. I understand the situation of your son and what he will be feeling from inside. I too was in the same situation when I banged my Dad's car to an electric poll long time back. That incident infact had changed my driving behavior as @KPR said.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats very sad :(
    But its nothing not fixable, a small denting/painting and it should be back to glory @csr1969 . :)
  8. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the input guys. I have decided to get the car repaired at my faithful mechanic Gangadhar as his workmanship is very good and he quoted Rs.4000/- for the whole repair and will drop by FASS for instrument cluster repair and then give him the car. BTW almost all required parts for my stage-1 mods have arrived and will start them once the car is normal.
  9. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, my car had arrived from the repair the last Sunday. Damage to the pocket - Rs.5000/-. Alongside had got a new dynamo bearing which I don't remember the exact cost. The big news is that I found a good blu&me for Rs.3000/- with latest update and hence bought it without a second thought. Now the quality of work done by my FNG is good and the paint job is fantastic. There is a bit of gap near the top of the boot but it's normal. The denting is also good. It was worth the money. FASS was quoting Rs.22,000/- out of which I had to pay Rs.10,000/- and I would loose the NCB. Now I saved that extra Rs.5000/- and 20%NCB. Will post the pics Post all my mods happen. Yeah, all the required parts and accessories have arrived but no time to get them installed. Will get that done on 1st January 2017 as a new year gift to my beauty.
  10. Inderpreet Bajwa

Inderpreet Bajwa Timido

Amritsar, Punjab
    Linea 1.3
    Just gone through the whole discussion regardin ur Fiat Linea.... Great !:) Really Sad for that dent.. makes me remind of my Linea when a bus hit from rear but thank god the tank like built haven't caused much damage to us and to the boot lid. Me too own a 2009 Fiat Linea Emotion Di and it feels so great to see a Fiat Lover like u. I'm a die hard car lover. Linea's long dimensions, styling, headlamps, MID Info system and much more makes me regard my Linea as unique as it was 7 years ago. The odo reading is 175550 KM till date. :) @csr1969