1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY ITALIAN BEAUTY - 1,00,000kms YOUNGER

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ravikn

ravikn Timido

Even I had pathetic experience with 99rpm. Have decided to stick to FASS for all needed support

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
  2. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
  3. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    Just in a 10-20day bracket my linea is going to get a major revamp of its life. Here's the long list of mods which will take place on the car :
    1.)Bilsteins B6 suspension upgrade.
    2.)Pete's remap
    3.)Smoked headlamps with projector HID's
    4.)Led DRL's
    5.)Revamped interiors include the leather package all around inside. Ambiance lighting, HUD, illuminated scuff plates, ghost lights.
    6.)Repainting rear bumper.
    7.)Reverse parking sensors.
    8.) New set of 3d mats.
    9.)Subwoofer and amplifier with 4 new speakers from harman kardon as my old JBL have started to crack at high volume.
    10.)Gloss wrapping of roof, mirrors and some other minor parts.
    11.)New lip spoiler from fiat and paint it in gloss black.
    12.)New ORVM's with indicators in gloss black wrap.
    13.)New fiat monograms for front and rear. Wrap the chrome in Matt for the front one and gloss wrap the rear one.
    14.) New linea monogram with gloss black paint.
    15.) Repainting the front grills and fog lamp housing in Matt black and wrap up the chrome around the grill in Matt.
    16.) Painting alloys in gloss black till I get hold of the momo revenge alloys. Will get them by December.
    17.)New flip key ordered online from eBay as existing one has started to show its age and paint the shell in white.
    18.)Momo gear knob.
    19.)Abarth foot pedals.
    20.) K&N performance air filter.
    21.) Italian style number plates with black housing.
    22.) Leds for number plate light.

Wait for a few days for the final results.

Thanks,
    CSR
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Hi @Ravi_M,
    Sorry for the late reply. This were purchased around 5years ago and it seems like it is now out of the market.

Thanks
    CSR
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---
    BTW, I received an update from my mechanic that my erstwhile uno had come to his workshop yesterday. As per him, the car is still the way it used to be. But this going to give you a heart attack, so beware. My erstwhile uno has done 3,50,000kms without and rattles or engine overhaul. It is still in good condition. It had come for a general service. So happy that it is serving its new master without any hassles. So proud of it. It held my name high. I feel.

Thanks,
    CSR
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @csr1969 : I would strongly recommend that dont get it remapped by Petes. They have a single map that they source from Customcode,UK that they simply flash. They dont tinker with it to suit your requirements. They just have a slave equipment. Some people who have got their 90 HPs remapped by Petes, have complained about a lot of black smoke.
  5. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @Turbothinghy,
    I guess it's a risk not worth taking. Planning to get it done from Tune-O-Tronics now as their service is good and in future, I might go for stage-2 remap who knows,"yeh dil maange more:D". I had pinged wolf but it seems like Rajeev is out of country. Secondly, TOT is also good. I am going by the gut. I had pinged my Pete's dealer in Hyderabad and he still hasn't replied to me since three days. If this is the stage before remap, then imagine what it would be after that.

Thanks
    CSR
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    TOT is the best in the remap business. Go ahead with them. They have remapped a huge variety of cars, like grand i10 and S-Cross 1.6. They have the master equipment and they ensure clean burn of fuel as well. I might also be getting my 90 HP remapped by them.
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  7. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    So guys, finally it's a loooong journey of 7years. Yes, you are right. My Linea has celebrated its 7th B'day with me on 25th September 2016. Unfortunately, couldn't put it on TFI. So, as of its b'day it had done 1,18,000kms. Her birthday gifts are on her way.
    image.jpg
    Happy 7th birthday. I wish I could keep you with me for the whole life. 1,18,000kms and still going strong.
    Ravi_M, gpunto75, Saji Babu and 2 others like this.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Great Going CSR. And the list of Mods are too tempting. waiting to see the pics :)
    csr1969 likes this.
  9. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    This looks like you are performing a plastic surgery on your old car. :) What is the cost that you have estimated for this complete work ?
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    You can expect the cost to touch between Rs.1,50,000/- to Rs.2,00,000/-. Even planning for a sport blue complete paint job over wrapping the car completely. If possible even retrofitting of new Linea dashboard in my Linea. A part dealer had offered me Rs.60,000/- for my old dashboard and new one costs Rs.1,20,000/- plus a touchscreen from virtue india for Rs.25,000/- and performance exhaust. Will even get a body kit if possible. This are my stage-2 mods. The ones mentioned above are for stage-1 mods. Will get the stage-2 mods done in a year. @vinit hope your queries are satisfied.
    Thanks for the best wishes guys and @Murphy_Fiat.
    Ravi_M, metal_heart and Murphy_Fiat like this.