1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY ITALIAN BEAUTY - 1,00,000kms YOUNGER

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Thanks for your reply.Yes it is available in Nepal. I am driving Linea 1.3 mjd for last 5 years. My linea's dash was opened once. They didn't have evaporator in stock so they did welding to fix the leak. Dash has to be opened second time when evaporator is available. I was just exploring the option available.
  2. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    here are the bills from the recent evaporator changes. Immediately after the replacement of the evaporator, the mechanic at FASS said that the Relay had gone kaput and would last for a week or so. Then during the recent summer camp got the Relay replaced at Rs.500/-.
    Here are the pics of the invoice of the related repairs :
    167.JPG 168.JPG 169.JPG 170.JPG 171.JPG

Now sometime for the pics of the milestones :
    017.JPG
    097.JPG
    This was the odo reading on my wifey's B'day.
    172.JPG
    The odo reading as of today.
    120.JPG
    Technician installing the new orvm glass at FASS
    123.JPG
    Say cheese.....!!!!!!!!!
    129.JPG
    Once more....!!!!!!
    124.JPG
    Posing with its younger brother.
    126.JPG 126.JPG
    After yesterday's session of shampoo wash and wax
    125.JPG
    After interior vaccum cleaning and waxing
    166.JPG
    The powerdrive looked like this after the evaporator change. Don't know what's the reason.
    092.JPG
    Does it look like a tractor hit the car ?
    136.JPG
    Neatly covered and parked at my in-laws house as there was some repair work going on.
    098.JPG
    Live to drive.......!!!!!!! 102.JPG
    094.JPG
    Accompanied by my nano.

That's all for today
    Thanks
    CSR
  3. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    @csr1969, one of your pics shows 3D mats in the co-driver's foot well. What make these are and di you get these online? I want to buy one set for my Linea.
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @Ravi_M
    they are not 3D mats. They are the rubber mats which are wider and almost cover the whole floor like the 3D mats. You can source one for yourself on ebay.in .

Thanks and regards
    CSR
  5. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I want to share my sad stories of linea .. once my car crossed 1lk kms .. it started troubling me ..
    First radiator fan gone and replaced recently -13500/- + labor
    and in last week had a problem with oil cooler and all the coolant chamber mixed with engine oil.
    replace oil cooler - 4000 /- + oil change + labor
    after two days now AC stopped working and mechanic saying cooling coil gone.
    have to replace - 5000 /- + labor
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Anil,
    May I know when was the car last serviced and what is the current of reading.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
  7. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last service in 90k kms .. jst 10k kms it ran ... now odo is101000 kms.Anyway .. i started giving out with known mechanic .. if i could have trusted showroom in last one month dey mite have billed easily 50k rs on all these. I gt one shop in mount td chennai exclusive for fiat spare parts. I have changed compressor clutch coil yday.day charged me 8k.But in fiat service no separate part for this said complete AC compressor need to replace.cost is 25k rs..
    --- Double Post Merged, May 5, 2016 ---
    But i beleive aftr 1lk lms .. i dont think fiat cars are good in electricals ...service is worst in shiwroom.And out side mechanics are nt comfortable on fiat electricals.but engine pickup and milege is good.
  8. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I have a whole lot of things to update. I was under an assumption that my linea was BS-3 vehicle and never knew about EGR cleaning. Then since last few months, the pickup, mileage of the car had gradually decreased. Then one fine day, I took it to my old mechanic who is now a garage owner, Gangadhar who looked after both my uno's. He is really talented with dealing with fiat cars. Be it a premier pad mini or a tjet, he is perfect for the job. I took the car to him as the FASS is at least 15kms away and he opened his newly fully equipped garage near my residence. He said that my car is a BS-4 vehicle and it is equipped with an EGR. I said to clean the EGR and he cleaned it and returned. Now my linea is back to life and is mile munching with 1,16,000kms on the odo. Switched back to OEM HU as the imported HU was discharging my car battery.

Will post some pics later, till then, see you later,
    CSR.
  9. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys, forgot to say that I have added a rear cam screen from my Ertiga as I have purchased a blaupunkt Cape Town head unit and removed its rear cam screen and added it in my linea. The details of the brand :
    Make : Vision I
    Model :6500BT
    Here is a pic of the resolution. It has USB, SD and Bluetooth functions as standard. Here are the pics :
    image.jpg
    The head unit in my Ertiga
    image.jpg
    One more angle
    image.jpg
    From the rear
    image.jpg
    The manual is as thick as my linea's blue and me manual
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    The mic for Bluetooth telephony:
    image.jpg
    The GPS receiver :
    image.jpg
    The features are :
    1.) it has gps navigation along with all possible functions of today's headunit.
    2.) it is an android headunit and can even create a wifi hotspot in the car.

The cost breakup -
    JBL speakers - Rs.10,000
    Headunit - Rs.25,000
    Hertz amp - Rs.4,000
    Armrest - Rs.5000
    Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  10. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    I want to share my first experiences with 99rpm.com. I actually ordered a blower motor for my Linea as it is not functioning well. I ordered it 3 weeks ago and they dispatched with in 45hrs of ordering and instead of sending it to Bidar, Karnataka, they goofed up and sent it to Hubli, Karnataka. Again after sending repeated mails, they called me and Said that it is again resent to Bidar. After 2 days I received the package yesterday and opened it to find that it is damaged. Received the package 2 days ago and took it my all in one man in bidar, the car decor and ac technician GorakNath, a very reliable man. I took it to him and he compared it with my old blower motor, then after repeated mails they agreed to take it back. Here are the pics :
    IMG_20160803_132436_HDR.jpg
    The package, as you can see it was not handled well in the transit.
    IMG_20160803_122845.jpg
    The new and the old motor
    IMG_20160806_081824_HDR.jpg
    Damage -1
    IMG_20160806_083312.jpg
    Damage-2. As you can see the socjet it broken and misaligned.
    IMG_20160803_122633_1.jpg
    Don't believe, then see the old one for reference.
    After this I would rate 99rpm 2.5/5 for their service. They were custimer friendly but ended up goofing things.
    ravikn likes this.