1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY ITALIAN BEAUTY - 1,00,000kms YOUNGER

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by csr1969, Aug 5, 2015.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys,
    at last my linea's thread is on the forum

IMG_20150506_185219.jpg

Back to 2009 : I was happy with my 2001 fiat uno with 1,40,000kms on its odo. I came to know that FIAT INDIA was launching 3 new models which were the palio stile, punto and linea.
    This news made me crazy and I immediately rushed to AUTOFIN PVT.LTD which was on penderghast road [ though the showroom is no more on penderghast road ] and saw the 3 beauties parked beside each other. I was shocked to styling. I was aw-struck by the styling.
    The next was the TD. I was initally sold off for the palio and I immediately booked a red palio for myself. They gave a waiting period of 2 months. I was ok with. After 2 months no reply from the dealer. I was so angry from FIAT INDIA that I fired 'N' number of mails to them and some mails to the former CEO of FIAT INDIA Mr. Rajeev Kapoor about my situation. After that one fine day I received a reply from CEO that they are manufacturing very less number of palios as there were no sales for the palios. Now I was In a dilemma to go with the palio or cancel my booking. Then after a lot of discussion with my family, they said that we'll go for linea. I was shocked. AFter that I transfered my booking my booking to LINEA Emotion pack MJD and they assured me a delivery time of 2-3 weeks. ME and MY FAMILY were so excited that we could not sleep that 2 weeks. We became restless. Then finally the D-Day arrived. We rushed to the showroom and my younger son immediately rushed to my italia-linea and kissed it. I was shocked to see that. Then the delivery went smooth.

NOW FORWARD to 2015: MY car has got 1,05,000 kms on it and no niggles still. Me and my family are very happy with my linea. Here are the pics as of today

odo.jpg

HERE are more pics coming soon

20150726_170906.jpg

Ride and suspension: This car is the best highway crusier and for city driving. What more can I ask for? IMO this is the best handler in its segment. It galps all the potholes on the road with ease. It just cruises on the speed breakers with ease. Recently during my 90,000kms service, I added the GC KIT which cost me about 12,000 rupees. SO NO MORE KISSING the speed breakers.

Features and gizmos: What can I say? There are 'N' number of gizmos in the linea. To name a few: Blue and me, Mycar settings. AUTO dimming interior cabin lights, height adjustable armrest, Rear sunscreen, Rear armrest, Well-fabric padded doors, Rear AC, Speed limit buzzer and a special mention to the seat belt buzzer which keeps ringing unless we buckle up.

Safety and Security: 2 airbags offer safety to the front passengers incase of a front collision, ABS with EBD, the car is built like a tank.
    Height adjustable seat belts etc. provide additional safety to the passengers.

Added accessories: LED cabin lights instead of the oem, as the oem used to heat very fast. Rear spoiler, Art leather seat covers, anti slip mats on the dash board so that I can place some objects on the dash. For giving company to my beauty, I even purchased a TW Linea Jr. and many more

I'll post better pics of my Linea this week. Untill then please bear with me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2015
    Deepak, PradeepM, pabhishek and 10 others like this.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats! It's truly amazing to see Lineas clocking very higher number of miles without much niggles.
    I assume, it is a MJD
  3. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah you are right it's an MJD.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015 ---
    Here are more pics as promised
    20150726_171112.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 7, 2015 ---
    Presenting my linea JR. Sorry for the bad clarity of pics

20150726_171015.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2015
    Deepak, abhinav_nani and Saji Babu like this.
  4. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Here are more pics and few night shots and a video
    20150809_191315.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 11, 2015 ---
    The LED's in action
    20150809_191528.jpg
    My linea in action with the lights
    20150809_192008.jpg
    My linea after a wash today
    IMG_20150603_104055.jpg
    Moderators can u please rotate the images which are not straight
  5. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    UPDATE :
    T
    oday that is 19th september 2015, Got my Linea a new pair of Brake shoes or the brake pads and Gifted it with a pair of accessories such as Aluminium ABC brake pedals for Rs.780/- and new horns as I could not live with the old one anymore. So ordered ROOTS-SKODA TYPE HORNS for Rs.450/- at snapdeal. Here are the links :
    For horns : http://www.snapdeal.com/product/roots-windtone-skoda-type-horn/1384382
    For aluminium sports pedals : http://www.snapdeal.com/product/canabee-car-break-pedal-cover/666023525450
    and My car brake pedals are in red not in blue. I'll post the pics tomorrow as my car is dirty due to monsoons in Hyderabad and Bidar. So will give it a good wash tomorrow , vaccum the interiors, polishing of exteriors and interiors and a photo session.

Thanks for reading
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @csr1969
    Congrats for crossing 1lac km mark...
    Mjd is a mile muncher indeed....
    Can u please post the pic of sports padel installed ?
    Thanks
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @csr1969 thanks a lot for sharing.

Threads like these infuse more confidence on the car and the choice I made. I would look forward for more details on this thread. Also I would request you to share with the cost involved for the 90K service. Please let us know if the car is still on stock suspension and clutch.
    Any other inputs from your long term experience with the car would be of tremendous value for newbie's like me.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Dhileepan Karthi likes this.
  8. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi guys, thanks a lot for the inputs.
    Hi @PradeepM here you go. During my 90,000kms service, I just got GC kit installed and general service. Thats it. Again at 99,000 kms I changed all my belts. My stock clutch lasted for 1,03,000kms and got it changed after that. Again at 1,06,700kms, I got the front and rear brake pads changed, wheel balancing done as there was no need for tyre rotation and wheel alignment. Flushed out the engine oil using engine oil flush out liquid[ I exactly do not know what it is called ] and topped up 4ltrs of Selenia K - 5W40 engine oil. Topped up with 1 ltr of the coolant and topped up all other fluids necessary. I'll post the pics of wheel balancing and other stuff. Also not to forget to post the pics of added accessories by the week-end.;)

Thanks and Regards
    CSR
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane