1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian Beast Grande Punto 90 HP Sports

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Parimal, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Parimal

Parimal Novizio

Dombivli
    My Fist car is Palio 1.9 D and am the second owner of that car and i have already driven that car more thann 1,00,000 Kms now looking for the change and being a Fiat owner Punto or Linea was obvious choice, and we have almost 4 Puntos and 1 Linea in our Family and everyone is happy
    And as my running is more than 1500Kms per month Diesel was the choice.
    Cars Considered :

1. Ford Figo : Am living in Dombivli so anyone who knows the city knows how good our roads are, so ground clearance was concern and after driving Punto it didn’t feel up to the mark.
    2. I20 : Steering and Back seat comfort and i am the only one who is going to drive the car, i need a precise steering blame Palio for that, and really not big fan of Fluidic design.
    3. Tata Indica Vista : it has better back seat but ride quality no where near to Palio, it was rejected by Mom only.
    4. And for Punto there was no need for test drive as have already driven n number of times.

The date : 16[SUP]th[/SUP] June 2012-08-11 : In the morning one of my friend called me and said there is an offer on Tata Fiat cars where if i book the car today i get a chance to win i pod or Philips TV or etc.
    So immediately called the Balaji motors (Dealer in Kalyan) also called my Friend who works for Fiat he told me about the offer and Car Prices, he also asked the Sales executive to visit my place and he came to my place immediately and explained my about prices also did valuation of my Palio, and Brief me about the prices of 1> Punto 75 HP.2> Punto 90 HP and 3> Punto Sports 90 HP. On the same day team bhp mega meet was in Lonavala, so gave him the booking amount of 20k and told him i can confirm the version later.
    He called and confirmed that Fiat has stopped producing 90 HP and only 90HP sports version is available, so now the decision was between 75 HP or 90 HP sports, so called the sales executive
    And asked him to wait for Monday for my decision.
    And during the meet i asked GTO for 8L budget which Car his immediate answer was T Jet , even the Jet was in my Mind but i needed diesel car. And during the meet was lucky to meet 3 Punto 90 HP owner and all gave thumps Up for 90 than 75 HP and Scofield offered me to test Dive his Punto 90 HP with RD and boy it was too good in no time she touched 110 Km/Hrs so it was decided am going for 90 HP sports. Also Gautam , F1Fan and F150 made my choice easier by asking to book for Punto 90 HP.
    Now abt the Car
    Already done more than 46000Kms in past 18 Months, and its niggle free, except few related to Blue and Me and the Odo flashing, but best is to ignore such errors.
    Following are the Service Cost

1. First service :
    I changed the Engine Oil and Oil Filter :
    Oil Cost : 2368
    Filter Cost :365.33
    Vat 341.67
    Total 3075.00 Rs

1. Second Service :
    Kms 15035
    OIL Filter 365.33
    Air Filter 302.22
    Fuel Filter 1830.22
    Wire Filter (AC) 48.00
    Oil 2368.00
    Distilled Water 9.33
    5GM Weight 341.33
    Vat 658.06
    Total 5923.00

1. Third Free Service :
    OIL Filter 365.33
    Air Filter 302.22
    Fuel Filter 1830.22
    Pollen (AC)Filter 176.89
    Oil 1906.67
    Rear Wiper Arm 613.33
    Vat 649.33
    Total 5844.00

1. Fourth Paid Service:46200 kms
    Paid 7000.00
    System was down actual bill may be around 6500.00
    Break Pad change at 26147 Kms
    Break Pad Set 2924.44
    Fitting charges 600.00
    Thrust Ring 104.89
    Thrust Ring 318.22
    Labour For Suspention Bush 400.00
    Vat 440.00

Total 5089.00
    Thrust pads are the rubber bushes at rear Suspensions, tI must say I was made of pathetic rubber quality really don’t know where is Fiat QC.

First tyre Chance at 250 Kms paid difference of 8000 Rs Per tyre for Michelin Primacy LC
    Second tyre Change at 43300 ks Primacy 3ST
    Primacy LC were amazing except the wet grip , could have lasted more but one of the tyre got busted when the ODO was 43100 kms and there was some thread left but no point in pushing
    Total 2 Punctures during Life time.

Other than this I do wheel rotation at 7500kms and balancing did only twice and Alignment
    During service only, even after driving on bad roads it hardly requires any balancing and alignment.

Am using 3M nomad mats Cost 4600.00 Rs
    Long drives did :
    Mumbai Delhi for F1 2012
    Mumbai Ahmadabad ,Mumbai Indore,
    Went till Gokuk ,Karnataka in south
    Many Pune, Nasik and Dhule drives, amazing comfort, but too difficult to get the correct driving position.

Too much of writing am too monotonous when it comes to writing, poor skills, please pardon me.

Few Snpas:

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02438.jpg

DSC02441.jpg

DSC02442.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg
    10 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hay Parimal good to see your here on TFI. Nice photos as well.

Thats well written ownership review and I can see the servicing cost of Punto diesel is very low compared to other hatchbacks in the segment.

Any plans for Wolf Remap? :devil
  3. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Wonderful car! The sport decals look smashing ona BNW punto! One the best looking cars out there.
    BTW, how does the 90hp compare with the 75hp for driving in stop-go traffic conditions in the city?
  4. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Hi Parimal,
    Welcome to TFI
    Thats a great introduction sir!!!
  5. Parimal

Parimal Novizio

Dombivli
    Thanks Kedar, Yes Cost of service is low but don't think as low as Toyota but then much better than other manufacturers, Wolf Remap ..? What is that?
    Ranjeet thanks a lot, hardly any difference in City drives between two but hit on highways 90 HP is different beast amazing at high speeds.
    Thanks @mchanna.

Sent from my C6502 using Tapatalk
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Parimal,
    The meet you have mentioned was @ Sunny's? If yes Good some one liked my car :).
    Its nice to see a well driven fiat :).
    Best Wishes for your car and safe drive ahead.

Kedar is gung-ho about his wolfgear, need to see it at the earliest :).

Kiran
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Many congrats to you for your Punto Sports.
  8. Parimal

Parimal Novizio

Dombivli
    Thanks for your Wishes.
    Yes the same meet Kiran and know the reason you brought your punto as your job requires travelling on bad roads.
    how your beast is doing..?

Parimal Gandhe

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Suman.
  9. Parimal

Parimal Novizio

Dombivli
    Just came from almost 2000kms drive from Kutch, the overall mileage car gave is 16.2 km/lit. It was real high speed drive blame to Gujarat Government for such amazing state highways. Two of my friends who were in my were praising for the handling of the Italian Beast. And must say car is close to 50k kms and just feels getting better day by day. The cornering abilities and quack lane changes almost from any speeds is so amazing, its point and shoot car, wish Fiat brings more powerful engine. The Engine is Strong till 160 km/hr. The New Michelin 3ST tyres are great, Super Silent. Drifting on the Rann was fun. Will post the pics soon.
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey Parimal,

I guess we are connected through instagram :confused:. Saw lots of pictures of your ride on Instagram. And now saw your post here in TFi.

Nice to meet you buddy :)