1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Italian babe! - Fiat Grande Punto 75hp 2012 Dynamic BNW

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by LaTour, Jul 2, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats for the Punto! You will love her more and more with time:)

Btw, Even I got my Punto BNW Dynamic 1.3MJD from Concorde Ambattur a month before your delivery.

Did they let you inside the yard for the PDI? They told me that its against their policy and will not take me to the yard.
    They gave the same lame reasons to me as well regarding bringing the car to the showroom before regsitration for PDI :X
    Anyways the car was touchwood when delivered.
    And lucky you got Parking cesnsor as freebie :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. I suggested Punto Dynamic to my friend. He had no reasons to reject it but went ahead with i20 Magna. I was feeling very very bad, it is fine not selecting a punto for those people who dosent know punto exists, but he has been with me when I got my punto, he has been in my car, I took him in my car to all the showrooms for his TD but still he went ahead and booked a i20 Magna which dosen't have a ABS, MID and few practical features. He was attracted towards Reverse parking sensor and the Auto Climate Control and paid 40 K over punto dynamic. I was worried and feeling bad why does this Indians have this heard mentality. Then, I spotted your new Thread and really felt happy that you took a wise decision and feel Pity for my friends unsatisfactory decision.

Congrats On getting Punto'ed !!!!! It is really a tough decision to become a Fiat'ian and once you are, then it is again a double tough decision to choose another brand.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
    4 people like this.
  3. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations, and wish you happy mile crunching!
  4. LaTour

LaTour

Chennai
    Thank you, gonugupta!
    Thanks for your compliments, shams!
    Thanks teky! Yes! Once the better-half is satisfied, then, it's just a cake walk for us. Isn't it?

Thanks thomman85 for your suggestion! I'll try to get it done when I go for the 5k service. About the foot mats, they're complimentary from the dealer.

Thank you, Ganges!

Thank you, saipv!

Thanks for compliments, bak!

Then, was your SE Mr.Shivakumar? I told him that I'm a member of TFI,TIA and other forums and I wanted to do the PDI. I'll post the PDI details in the next thread. That was one of a kind experience! I'm glad that you have also got the car from them in a better condition. I read one DRIV3R's experience of getting a silver (light grey) punto from VST, Anna Nagar and it was terrible.

Well! Taste differs. That's all I can say. And about me getting my punto (al the least, as my first choice was Linea), I've to thank my wife for accepting the italian babe in the family.

Thank you, GirishRaghu!

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Thank you, gonugupta!
    Thanks teky! Yes! Once the better-half is satisfied, then, it's just a cake walk for us. Isn't it?

Thanks thomman85 for your suggestion! I'll try to get it done when I go for the 5k service. About the foot mats, they're complimentary from the dealer.

Thank you, Ganges!

Thank you, saipv!

Then, was your SE Mr.Shivakumar? I told him that I'm a member of TFI,TIA and other forums and I wanted to do the PDI. I'll post the PDI details in the next thread. That was one of a kind experience! I'm glad that you have also got the car from them in a better condition. I read one DRIV3R's experience of getting a silver (light grey) punto from VST, Anna Nagar and it was terrible.

Well! Taste differs. That's all I can say. And about me getting my punto (al the least, as my first choice was Linea), I've to thank my wife for accepting the italian babe in the family.

Thank you, GirishRaghu!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Thank you, gonugupta!

Thank you, Ganges!

Thank you, saipv!

Thank you, GirishRaghu!
  5. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    All the best... u have got the Best out of the REST... :)
  6. LaTour

LaTour

Chennai
    Hello all!
    First of all, I'm really, really sorry for the my posts getting posted twice or thrice. Last night, after compiling my post, the TFI website was in "hourglass" mode while submitting my reply. I must have pressed the "post reply" button two more times. Hence, such a long thread! Sorry about that!
    Well, coming back to the pre-registration PDI process. in a chronological order.

16/6/2012
    I've booked a Fiat Grande Punto 2012 Dynamic BNW from Concorde Motors, Ambattur IE, Chennai. I've been allotted the VIN MCA118B5EXXXXXXXXDLZ.
    PDI was scheduled for today at 3pm. The SE told me that the car would be in the showroom for the PDI. However, it was not ready there as he pointed out that the drivers were not available to bring the car to the showroom for a wash. He took me to their yard itself. There was this car with the above mentioned VIN
    1.ODO: 43 kms with H
    2. Car was not washed; full of dust and dirt outside.
    3. So, not able check for any scratches very thoroughly; however, no dents.
    4. Under the hood; all the liquids were okay; no leakages; battery okay;
    Only concern regarding the the engine bay is (please take a look at the below picture); The thick bunch of cables are going inside the cabin (just in front of the co-driver's seat) through the vent; however, the insulation hose around it has come off the vent. The tape is not strong enough to hold that hose and the vent together.

Will it be a problem in the long run? What I mean is that the tape which is used to hold that hose with vent isn't strong enough in these two months. How can we expect it to last longer with the vehicle.

My other question is that is this normal in your cars whoever here is owning a punto? Is this just a case of the tape not doing it's job well or is it something else which is more than fishy?

5. Engine cranking with open bonnet and open doors: Cranked at the first attempt itself - fantastic. Usual diesel clatter; only a slight hissing noise heard, that too only when I was standing in front of the vehicle near the head lamp. Otherwise, I can not hear it. SE assured that it's normal for all the cars.
    6. Headlamps turned on; AC turned on. Usual grunt when the power was utilised maximum.
    7. With the engine, headlamps and AC on, closed the bonnett and all the doors. With the fan speed at 2, the cabin got chilled in an amazing three minutes under the hot sun. Fantastic! With the doors closed and windows raised, I couldn't hear the hissing noise mentioned point #5
    8.Radio/CD were played. Fine
    9. All the electricals like power windows, ORVMs, turn indicators, fog lamps checked and okay.
    10. Engine turned off and turned on again. No unusual NVH. Engine revved till 2000 rpm.
    11. All the doors and boot were opened from inside and outside and shut close.
    12. Central locking checked. Only one key with central locking and button type & the spare key is manual type.
    13. Seat belt warning, Door open warning, head lamp warning, battery charging & hand brake on warnings, fog lamps, reverse gear lamp, etc were checked and okay.
    14. I wanted to drive the car. But the SE said no as it's in the yard and it's against their policy. However, just wanted to make sure that the odo cable is not unplugged. So convincing him to oblige me, I moved the car a bit reverse and a bit forward and found the odo alive. :)
    15. Tyres are GoodYear Duraplus 165/80R14.
    16. Seats were all covered with plastics except the driver's.
    17. Gearshift: not able to check as I didn't get a chance to drive a little distance.
    18. Vin# found in the boot; on the floor under co-driver's seat; and a sticker on the front quarter glass by the co-driver.

P.S: Apart from the unwashed car & the cable insulation coming off the tape in the engine bay, I'm content with the other pointers. Is it usual for the dealers to arrange the client PDI in the yard, in an unwashed condition. Please shed some light!

My follow up with fiatservice and Mr.Mangesh
    And then, I raised these issues with the fiatservice and Mr.Mangesh. He replied me back to get in touch with the dealer. And the Concorde people from Velacherry wanted to know if it was okay if they could fix that vent issue before registration as it was just that tape slipping and losing its hold on that hose. I said okay. Because I went to the showroom and checked all the other cars. Please see the pictures below

And, this suggestion is from another forum member
    PDI can be done before and after registeration both time.
    Before registeration PDI is done at stock yard, and when PDI done before registeration if any major issues found you can reject car straight away.
    PDI at the time of delivery, i.e. after registeration is done to check whether the car which you did PDI is the same you are getting delivered.
    The car at stock yard is always full of dust, the car is cleaned and washed properly once brought to showroom.
    Regarding the issue you found during PDI, you ask dealer to fix it or reject the car before registeration is done. Once registeration is done, then dealer will try making filthy excuses.
    And after registeration, car will cleaned and washed, so if you find any scratches or anything, ask dealer to do paint job for you. But confirm everything before you take car out of dealer's showroom. Once car's out of showroom without confirmation with dealer, it is your responsibility then.

18/6/2012
    I've just come back from the dealer. I checked the engine bays of the Punto 90hp sportz and the Linea Emotion display cars. The hose/vent tape look the same as the previously PDI-d Punto dynamic. It looks like that the tape has given way in the car which has been allotted to me. The SE assured me that during their PDI, everything will be sorted out so that delivery will be smooth. So, no worries.

Also, please take a look at the 2010Emotion Black (which was there in front of the dealership). That owner has brought one his friends to buy a Linea (for the friends). With his permission I've taken some pictures of that Black beauty and posting them also here. Cheers!

And the last picture is that of the hose taped to the vent

Fiat Punto 1point3 QJD Enginebay insulation hose broken.jpg

The display cars' engine bay
    Punto 90hp sportz engine bay hose intact 2.jpg Punto 90hp sportz engine bay hose intact 1.jpg Linea Emotion engine bay hose intact 1.jpg

Black beauty
    Punto Black mod Velre.jpg Punto Black mod Velre 2.jpg Punto Black mod Velre tyres n alloys.jpg

The hose taped to the vent
    Photo0491 20120621 Engine bay hosevent taped.jpg

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    It just never fails to interest me to read new FIAT owners reviews...
    I'm just very very glad that people are finally making an all round decision..
    All the best with you're beauty. Show her road and she will be happy.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    ya, it was Shivakumar. The car was in good condition when delivered and I was also happy with the delivery process. Shivakumar was not there during delivery and Charles was the SA who helped me out.
    I guess they brought in two BNW Dynamic 1.3 MJD Punto during May with VIN ending DLZ. I got hold of one and the other belongs to you :)
    I'll also check the insulation you mentioned in my car and will let you know how it is.
  9. LaTour

LaTour

Chennai
    Thanks, Pramod!

Definitely, I'll show her the road. As the road laying work is going on in my neighbourhood with ramps demolished, I wasn't able to take her out. Only by today, I was ease her out of the garage with some makeshift ramp. Looking forward to driver her around.

Wow! Great to know that I'd taken the one which came along with yours. Yeah! I remember seeing 23/5/2012 or 26/5/2012 perncil mark on the windshield. I guess that was the date the car arrived at the yard. :)
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats on the White Beauty,
    The write up was very good,
    I asure you that the Love for FIAT will grow younger day by day,,,, The more you drive her the more younger she will make you feel,