1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My intoxicating ride - 90 BHP MJD-VGT in Tuscon Wine :-)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by manish, Nov 12, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    How much bill you paid for servicing?
  2. truly intoxicating car it is :)
  3. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Well, my car is due for 2nd service by the end of this month. I am wondering where should I give it. Pandit, Akurdi was good - but it is way too far! :(
    BTW, any idea where can I get Tutela Sc-35 Fluid for my Punto's wipers?
  4. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Well, interesting story again about my second service which was due today -

I had booked my service appointment for today, 2nd Nov at Acumen - Bavdhan as it is the closest service center I have here. Pandit is way too crowded and is way too far to consider! I had an appointment at 10 AM, so I reached there at 9.57 AM. I was apparently the first one - one very shabby looking person approaches me and asked me what I want. I told him about my appointment and he looked at another equally shabby guy, "Should we take it?" and told - "Sir, leave it here..". I decided to wait for service adviser. Noone was in sight till 10.15 AM. The receptionist lady showed up at 10.15 AM and asked me what it is. I told her that she gave me appointment for today for my second service. She looked very reluctant - and asked me if there is some problem or just regular service. I told her that it is just regular servicing but being second service I would appreciate some knowledgeable person to attend to this as it would involve oil and filters replacement and I asked if Manoj was available. She said he was on leave - in fact she said most technicians are not yet back from their Diwali vacation. Then she asked me if I could bring my car next week so that they all would be there. Looking at her level of confidence I was already nervous - so I asked her if it would still be eligible for second free service as my car complete 1 year tomorrow (3rd Nov). She said that is not a problem - she would take care of that. My running is embarrassingly low for a Punto - close to 2400 in a year (guys, blame it on my frequent travels out of Pune and pathetic, all dug up roads in my area). So she just noted down the details and I left. I am hoping to take appointment sometime next week now and see how it goes. Will keep you posted!
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @manish, i know due to many reasons we can't use our own car but i'll suggest you to drive her. Please don't give such a hard time to your mighty 90hp stallion. Its a hell of a punishment bro! Just 2400kms in year :-O Roads are going to be worst only in our country. Atleast take her on a weekend ride, family weekend for long drive bro. Its is much needed for your beauty!
  6. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Agree - but many months were spent away from Pune, in training from 9 AM to 9 PM. :(
    Anyway - this is my favorite season and hope to take her for long rides once this servicing is done. :)
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

It is good that you did not leave the car for service today - better be patient than being sorry :)
  8. tushargn

tushargn Amatore

Pune
    nice color Manish... looks beautiful than the showroom piece I saw. but let the 90Hp beast grunt...let the VGT haul!!! I am also too busy in my work life man, but clocked 1350+km in 5 days after delivery. after hectic and busy working hours, i used to get out with car at 11.30pm alone and return at 2am or later! My parents are getting disturbed with this obsession.. n its still increasing :p
  9. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Yeah, that's what I thought! It's better to get it serviced with experienced people rather than just leaving it there with clueless mechanics.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Well, it is quite different when you're married and have a toddler! :p
    Trust me - parents are far more tolerant than wife! :)
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Manish please share your review about Acumen Service Center as I fed up with these Idiot Pandit Guys.

I completed 9200kms on odo of my 90HP in just 3 months. Now I am planning second servicing of my Punto :) so I have to select from Pandit and Acumen :)