1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My intoxicating ride - 90 BHP MJD-VGT in Tuscon Wine :-)

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by manish, Nov 12, 2010.

1. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    manish, congrats on the 90bhp punto... your choice of colour is 1st class.... please post the pictures soon...
  2. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats manish, forget the dealers whose relationship ends at the point you get hold the keys, good car and ASS will bring more smiles for you long term. Pictures is compulsory man, let us enjoy your beautiful beast too.
  3. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Sorry for delay guys, I don't have pics yet. Blame it on Pune's weather (it's raining here), plus I am not well and lastly - my GP probably has a puncture. I took it to friend's place on Sunday night, and found low air pressure while returning. I didn't have time to repair it on Sunday late night, so I just filled air and drove home. Next day pressure was fine, but when I checked it yesterday night, I again found low air pressure. The tyre is not flat as such - but there has to be some reason for low air pressure. I plan to get this checked on Saturday? Is it possible for a new tubeless tyre so new to get puncture so easily? Any precaution I should take while repairing it?
  4. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Finally, some pics as I get time during our Fiat visit yesterday! :)

[attachment=3:a599e3o7]img_3702.jpg[/attachment:a599e3o7]

[attachment=2:a599e3o7]img_3710.jpg[/attachment:a599e3o7]

[attachment=1:a599e3o7]img_3708.jpg[/attachment:a599e3o7]

[attachment=0:a599e3o7]img_3708.jpg[/attachment:a599e3o7]

More ownership experience later!

img_3708.jpg
  5. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    First servicing done! Detailed report to follow soon...
  6. Pilot_On_Wheels

Pilot_On_Wheels

Pune
    How was your servicing experience ? And what exactly was your odometer reading ?

PS:Have we met on the road coz i dont know How many Tuscan wine punto are there in pune ;) and it seems I did met you at Shivaji Nagar :)
  7. bones

bones

chandigarh
    congrats bro , you will love the ride , but this colour suits mostly on sedans.....
  8. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    Well, sorry for not being regular here. Partly I blame it on my travel (without car though) and my toddler son. Both keep me too occupied to allow any leisure time.

Anyway - My car has been working like a dream ever since I purchased it in No 2010. I haven't clocked many KMs yet, but whenever I did - it was enjoyable.

However, since yesterday I have noticed that the AC is not working at all. I suspected that on Thursday first, but it was too small a drive (2/3 km.) to really conclude. However yesterday, despite setting the AC temperature to lowest, I could only get blower/fan to blow at full speed. AC compressor doesn't seem to get in action at all. I am too busy this week, as I need to wind up lot of things before I travel to Mumbai this month end for 3 weeks. But, I am willing to take some time to show it to competent mechanic - the closest one is the new center in Bavdhan - but not sure how good it is. Pandit should be good in fixing technical issues, but it is always crowded and wonder how much time it would take and it's too far from my home. Any recent, first hand experience with Bavdhan center. I remember reading review here on older forum, but can't locate that thread now.

Any suggestions, insights?

TIA,
    - Manish
  9. manish, looks like there is no gas in the system which prevents the compressor from turning on. It might be an issue with the condenser or the O ring in the condenser. The job should take around 3 -4 hours to be completed at TASS
  10. manish

manish Novizio

Pune
    As anticipated, Pandit refused today's appointment and said they were too loaded. I am taking it there tomorrow and hoping that it would be fixed soon! Keeping my fingers crossed.