1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hunting for diesel hatchback and ownership experience

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by soorajsoman, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Hello friends.Am here to share my ownership experience of my Fiat grande punto 1.3MJD Emotion Hip hop balck

In 2009 October i started to search for a good Diesel hatchback for my daily use as i was a happy owner of the Maruti wagon r For the past 5 years.It served me so well in its life with me and due to my daily commuting to my work place was so long and also i make frequent long trips to my native places,So i planned to buy a diesel car Insted of my Wagon r.Here is my experiences in searching for the cars at first as follows.

1) I was first planning to buy Maruti Swift Vdi (ABS)by exchanging my Wagon r.And after Visting to the showroom and i testdrove the car and i felt it will be better car for my all purpose driving.But the salesman told that it will take around 3-4months of waiting period for Vdi alone and 8-9months for Vdi(ABS) model.So my hope for buying the Swift was gone due to long waiting period. :A .

2)My second search was started for any other better car which can be opted insted of Maruti Swift.So i started to serch in the internets,magazines etc.And i decided to take look athe Skoda Fabia.I visited the showroom and they greeted me with warm welcome and me and my mom took a brief look at the car and asked for a test drive.The sales person offered me a testdrive car and i drove the car.But friends really i dont like the performance of the car at all.Being it three cylinder engine the engine clatter is felt so much inside the cabin and the pulling power was also so weak though the turbo kicks in.And after all these i asked for the retail of the car.It was whooping 6.70lac for the basic model.That is for 1.4Tdi Active.And for the high end ones comes with a again a shocking :shocked 8.70lacs on road.I just dropped my Idea of buying the skoda Fabia.

3)After a week again started the hunt for the diesel hatchback.One fine saturday evening me and mom was passing infront of the Tata Showroom in our Wagon r,i suddenly came to see a Glossy red gorgeous looking car standing inside Fiat section inside the showroom.I stopped my car and took a look ::OO from outside of the showroom.But i did not have a chance to have a close look.Because the showroom was closed.It was alresdy around 7:30pm.So my mom and me decided to checkout this beauty on monday.On monday i visited the showroom and took a brief look on the car inside the showroom.I was totally seduced by her gorgeous looks, without wasting time i asked for a test drive.To my surprise the test drive car was also Red colored car.I took the car for a drive and to say the car was so amazing to drive and the ride quality was simply superb with muted thud on the pot holes and the brakes and grip it gives.And also the interiors,features and the looks made me so surprised to see a car from Fiat like this.But to my surprise the engine was seriously underpowered feeling which i felt in the Fabia.But the sales guy told me that once the engine gets run in the power and smoothness will be felt drastically and by getting used to the car :steering i will know how to keep the powerband in boiling to get power from her :redcar .So finally i narrow downed my decision to this Italian beauty and my mom was also so happy to get her.So we thought of booking the car At Diwali day.At the Diwali day me and my mom went to the showroom and booked 1.3MJD Emotion Hip hop color.But sadly it was not readily available and he demanded a waiting period of 15days.Once the car is lifted and dispatched from the factory the sales guy said that he will inform me. After 5days he gave me ring and told me that our beauty have started her trip to Coimbatore from her birthplace :clap .I was so happy and eagerly waiting for the days to pass quickly to get the beauty on my hands and feel her. Dealer sales guy gave me call that our beauty have reached in coimbatore stockyard after exactly 12days of booking.He said that after paying the balance amount we shall proceed with the RTO fomalities and the car will be handed over to me in 1 or 2 days.After all formalities were finished the car was delivered to me exactly 14days after the booking was done.I was so proud to drive her in my city with a unending happiness.When i left the showroom and started to drive the people on the road started stare at my car so surprisingly :car .Because there was only around 30-35 puntos in Coimbatore overall as per the sales guy told.So this italian beauty was very less number and the most of peoples have not seen the car in the roads. Now she is with me for the past 1Year and done nearly 17,500kms so far and the highest mileage i have got from my car is 27.4Kmpl :clapping in my Coimbatore -Ernakulam trip which is my native and normally i get 24-25kmpl in long drives .I shall share my technical issues and problems faced and facing rite now in the upcoming days....Thank you guys .
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Welcome aboard Sooraj. Please post some pics also
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to TFI Suraj and congrats on buying a Punto. ::T
    Can you share that pic you have displayed as your profile pic with us here? Nice pic.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Welcome to TFI Sooraj. Do post some pictures. :drinks
  5. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

congratulations and do post some pics!
  6. jitesh

hi i am also having punto since last fifteen months. i am enjoying the vehicle. mine is punto silver MJD 1.3EM PK. I shall like to understand your driving habits, so that i may know that how can u get average of 23-25 km/l. the best i have had till now is 17. generally i get 13km/l
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Punto looks fantastic in black.
  8. redtux

Congrats sooraj, blacky looks great!!
  9. My Blacky drinks less.. :dancing[attachment=0:31tlonfl]MOTOROLA-E80199.jpg[/attachment:31tlonfl]