1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Humble Beast acquired

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Anesh, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Anesh

Anesh Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Hello TFI.
    I am new to TeamFiat. So Please forgive me on my content If i sound stupid or hurt anyone in any manner.
    One fine morning I was in my Office thinking about having a Car. Dont know if God heard my Voice, the next moment I got a Call from my Friend stating that another friend of ours is to sell his car as he is in need of some urgent cash. I asked him the price and he told its 40K. :-O . I told him to go for it and then asked what model and make it is. Yes You might think that I have gone nuts purchasing a car even before knowing its specs. I have already told that i need a car! to commute. thats it, and this way i can help my friend too, thus I become his GOD ;-). lol .
    He told me that its FIAT Siena 1.2 ELX Full option car. I was dumbstruck wondering if i was stuck. Because I was one of the People who says " Don't go for Vehicles with no/less spares available. waste of money and time". But then the name FIAT shined in my head. Its a trustworthy machine to be bought and its pride stays long. So I went on to proceed with what i Planned earlier.
    That evening i went to meet my friend and my to-be first four legged machine. The moment i saw her i thought this car is not gonna be a big headache for me.
    He gave me the keys to go for a drive. The moment i sat in the seat I fell in Love with my Car. the gear was butter smooth.
    I settled the amount immediately without checking anything else as he is my friend I took the car and drove home. It has some nicks and nacks around the body with little rust at the door liner. has engine head leak, Ac gas to be refilled, and main issue Power steering oil leak :-(. But I was happy to have her with me :), Because I was comfortable and cozzy the first moment i sat in the car. So I least care of any big issues to face. Interior was neat. Rubbers were half run condition.
    Now I am a proud Owner of a Furious Intelligent Attractive Trustworthy. Siena 1.2 ELX.

some pics on the siena1.jpg siena2.jpg siena3.jpg siena4.jpg day i acquired her.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anesh many congratulations for your new aquisition and car looks in good condition.

Get it checked at FASS and do service if required.

Get rid of all the stickers and if possible paint those black bumpers in body color.
    Get rear spoiler as well.

I am sure with body colored bumpers and rear spoiler car will looks more sporty and will give different identity to the car.
    Anesh and prabhjot like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Anesh for your new acquisition! Looks good.
    All the best for a trouble free ownership. Keep us posted.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Anesh

Sweet, the car and the deal, esp the car! Like a 'good omen'?!:happy:

Pls do as @kedarbendre suggests, he's pretty au fait with such matters, also check out his ownership thread, you'll find it inspiring and useful, if you have not already, that is?

cheers
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats @aneesh. The car looks like it was beloved. TN 01 T 01 T, whats with that no. is it VIP anyway or photoshoped...?
    Your first focus should be arresting the rust, assuming the mechanicals are OK till next service.

Enjoy the ride..!
  6. Anesh

Anesh Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank you Kedarbendre, :) Actually I was in a dilemma if my car looks good with black bumpers as mine looked different from other Sienas on the road. Now I am clear, I will make them into body colour and the stickers will be removed. Still i have a small clarification.. wont the boot look too bulky if the bumpers comes in body colour?.. Just to get my Dilemma chased off ;-). I need your advice on the spoiler. Should I go for a medium sized spoiler or a thin bootlip?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 10, 2015 ---
    Thank you pabhishek, I believe a lot that my car stays with me trouble free and enjoy every moment :)

Thank you prabhjot. I am surfing through all the ownership threads which is making me too crazy for cars :) specifically FIAT
    I already got hold of kedarbendre for suggestions :)

Yes asimpleson, it was beloved and taken atleast good care though my friend had other more likely cars to look after. I have planned to start restock work by May. So now I have done just first-aid like electricals and a JVC HU from the China HU present in the car.

Yesterday morning I took my car to a friend of mine who is into cosmetic for cars. Car had some electrical works like cabin light, rear door power window and small other issues to be sorted out. I told him to do the general checkup and also told him to put my surname very small in to the front windshield. and this is what i got in the evening.

20150304_124129.jpg 20150304_124139.jpg 20150304_124152.jpg
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    prabhjot and asimpleson like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Anesh, generally don't like car graphics so much, but this one uses well some of the otherwise bland lines on this version of SIENA (on the boot esp.) and feels good to watch. Don't colour it any further, except for when denting painting is needed. The duo tone effect with adequate black looks aptly personalized. Maybe or maybe not, just the roof could use black vinyl?
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    @Anesh, Great Buy, I think the body of the car is in very good condition considering the age of the car.

Instead of spending money on the exterior , I would say get the Leaks assessed and try to fix the concerning ones. Get a general mechanical service with fluids changed. Get the car to perform Reliably.
  9. Anesh

Anesh Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank you Sujit508, I did not go for all these exterior works, as mentioned earlier I just took my car for some basic electrical checkup, and as I already had a HU ready with me I installed it. The graphics where like first half which was in my ownership thread came with the car and the remaining were done by my friend's own wish. He didn't even inform me that he was gonna do this to my car. But the output looked cool for me. Anyways my next step is as you told arrest the oil leak, change all fluids, clear rust issues and go for 5 new shoes :)

Sure asimpleson :) , Even I am a person to go for simplicity and keeping things stock. So its a full stop for any more exterior graphics or design for sure. I am gonna concentrate on the heart more.
    kedarbendre and prabhjot like this.