1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Hot Silver M-JET PUNTO

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Fiat-Yamaha, Jun 28, 2010.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ouch, that hurts dude !!
    Looking at this, i dont think much damage is there to any internals.. only bumper, grille and right headlamp is affected, even fogs look intact.
    Price of one headlamp is around 2.2k, and denting works + painting on the bumper may cost you another 2k outside. you can use this oppurtunity to get the grilles meshed this time if you have lost your old ones :D

calculate how much you ll lose in No claim bonus + discount in insurance.. and then think of claiming or not. If you have shown this to TASS, you d have definitely got an estimate of atleast 10k , they ll try to extract max from insurance !!
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    The damage does not seem to be much...
    By the looks of it you need a bumper replacement and the bonnet might have misalignment or a bulge that's it.
    Can you post a few side pics to verify nothing has gone wrong?

I also doubt that anything inside might have got damaged. But to be on the safer side I'd say just get the intercooler, condenser , and all the rubber hoses checked thoroughly by TASS.
    Then you can decide to claim or not to claim.
    Always be behind the TASS folks when they are opening up you're car so that you can see everything.

What you need to check for
    1.) wheel alignment
    2.) rim bend
    3.) strut / suspension issues (though i doubt it, but just to be on a safer side)
    4.) any cracks in the headlight casing. (This is very important ,check this thoroughly as if there are any cracks then you might begin to have condensation effect on the casing and the whole assebly i think costs about 4-5K)

based on these you can decide if you want to claim insurance or not.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh sad to see this.
    I hope your car comes out of police station quickly.

I think you must claim insurance, insurance is meant for these purpose and I believe cost will be much more than NCB benefits.
  4. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    I won't be going for TASS have heard from my SA frnd that painting work is not up to Mark
    Planning to go Sai colorium

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think you can use insurance at sai colorium also.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All -

Got a Quote from Sai....No cashless tie-up with Bajaj. Need to check with Insurance tomorrow about the NCB loss percentage for next year if insurance is claimed.

Quote for repair (Cash)
    Bumper repair & Paint - Rs. 3500/-
    RHS headlight - Rs. 2200/-
    Bonnet repair & paint - rs. 2000/-
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All -

My Punto is back after accident repairs from Carz (Sarjapur rd). As TASS painting quality was not up to mark left @ Carz, suggested by my friend working in Bajaj allianz as they had a cashless tie-up.

Sai did not have cashless tie-up with Bajaj.

This time got the bumper grill GLOSS BLACK and OEM rim lip painted Silver.:D As soon as i entered to take the car today could not control by seeing her SHINNY & SMILING at me.:wow:clap:dancing

Totally good job done by Carz fully satisfied. Any one going for Ins claim or out of pocket repairs this is the place i recommend.:up

Total Bill - 13,800/- (including Exterior & Interior cleaning Rs. 2000/- + 800 for rim painting)

Insurance covered full parts no depreciation - Rs. 9xxx/-

Pics will follow soon....
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems little costly than Sai, but worth if they delivered as per your satisfaction.
    Do post some pictures quickly.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Guys -

Here is the new look of my ride. I think she deserves a spoiler now. Comments pls......

20120704_164542.jpg

20120704_164617.jpg
    4 people like this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Your wheel looks cool. Good innovation.