1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Dilip Vasan

Dilip Vasan Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I drive a 75 Hp Punto Evo Emotion and I also feel this jerk that others had mentioned especially in 3rd gear I also feel like the engine is slightly surging while accelerating causing the rpm to shoot up when the clutch is depressed . A few people suggest that the recent ecu software update(May 2014) may be the cause of the issue as it seems to be common among the Punto evo and new Linea . Suggestions please o_O Luckily I don't think this left pulling issue is there in my car :)
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    At last & finally I am taking my babe for her 1st long drive. Visiting my native for Sankranti. Feeling really excited. I will post my exp. soon.
    cassini and punto_emotion like this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just need quick help.. Planning to do some Abarth decals on my beauty. Will this look OK. Bit confused.

Punto -21.jpg

Punto -61.jpg
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Yes!:cool:

But: no more than this, I'd say.:)
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @prabhjot .. Even I have a feeling anything more would spoil the overall look. I would have loved Avvy alloys with kind of gun metal finish on this.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Color the alloy to black, it will look great with those chrome and red highlights!
    just my 2 paisa! :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @pabhishek .. I will try to plasti dip the alloys after sometime (don't want to paint them). Also painting the calipers red is on the list as well ;).
    prabhjot and pabhishek like this.
  8. EshwarPrasad

EshwarPrasad Timido

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Have completed my 1st long drive last week. total 990 Kms done. Really really enjoyed every bit of the ride. Didn't push her too hard. It was fun to drive. Now I know why she is called as Queen of Highways :). I felt lil body roll. Guess it either due to high ground clearance or Big tyres (May be combo of both). Started getting addicted. Planning next trip on 2nd week of Feb(guess finding excuses to drive ;) ). Post which will send her for 1st service. Do I need to check anything specific on 1st service (Though its really not a service).

The left pulling problem surfaced again :banghead: . Vecto motors did the WA/WB at Madhu's as well. Still no solution to the problem. Waiting to hear from FIAT. Also seats started creaking. Got it removed fixed again. Now it seems fine.
    punto_emotion and prabhjot like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you tried swapping the existing tyres? or checked the pull issue with different set of tyres (used or new)? Sorry if I have missed any of your update on the same.
    prabhjot likes this.