1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    Yes, you are right, FIAT should have. All I was pointing to is that it seems my problem got solved (at least for now - I am still keeping my fingers crossed) with a tire change. It's not that every Punto or Linea has this issue. I have 2 of my colleagues, who have FIATs. One has a new Linea T-Jet (8 months old, not the classic model, the new one) and other one is an Old Punto (3 months older than mine). They don't have this issue at all.

So not sure if we can blame only the car or just the tires or both. I think with a little persuasion from my side, the problem would have resolved earlier than now.

On top of this, I also want to point out that, I was not at all unhappy with my car though it had this problem. I guess all cars have issues, no car is perfect.

With last 4 years of experience, other than the pulling problem, I have had a very satisfying experience with the car and with FIAT service center (Pandit Auto).

On the other hand, I have driven so many cars (short trips), be it I20, Etios Liva, I10, Figo etc. and every time I drive these cars, I feel good about my decision of going for a Punto.

My colleague, who has a new T-Jet, he made the decision to buy T-jet only after driving my Punto for a good 100 to 150 KMs while we were on a trip to Goa. Before that he was researching for 1.5 years to buy a sedan but couldn't make his mind whether it should be a Honda City or any other car from Hyundai/Maruti. FIAT was not even on his list. While we were on this trip to Goa, I drove my Punto from Pune till Nipani (on NH4) and then he asked for a short drive (I never give my car to anyone, not to even my wife or sis :)). Once he was behind the wheel, there was no stopping for him in the entire trip. So from Nipani to Goa, sightseeing in Goa (from North Goa to South Goa and back many times) and then from Goa till back to Nipani, I didn't get to drive my Punto :).

He booked the new Linea the next month :) I drove his Linea particularly to check this problem, it has no such problem at all.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
    Aviral singh and prabhjot like this.
  2. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you for writing such a long nte, I really appreciate :)I am so happy to join the community of fiatians.
    Deepak likes this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Its been a week now.. The pulling problem has reduced but not gone completely. So I guess it's a problem with the tyres. FASS technician did mention that the problem seems to be in 90HP with Alnac 4G tyres. The 75HP with Accelere doesn't seem to have this problem. I have reported to them. Yet to hear from them. Also this problem is reported in vehicles with VIN 'JJZ'. keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this should not rob the fun.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    mine is VIN -KJZ,:)
  5. sentprem

sentprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Aviral singh , these are just small issues associated with any car purchase. Dont let these make you change the decision. I am thoroughly happy with my car and I am confident I can get these resolved sooner than latter. Just these are information to bring to your notice incase your car faces the same issue you will know what to do , rather than only hear to what the service centre guys throw at you.

From your recent posts I believe you have already booked the car. Congrats on joining the fiat community. :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes,I am getting mine on 1 st January,and yes I too hope I do not face the issues,because it was my sole decision to go for fiat punto evo, my family wanted a maruti or some other car, as my father's friend owns a Hyundai showroom, so I would have almost gone for a Hyundai elite i20 , but I am happy, I booked a punto evo, because I surely know, design of the elite I 20 will soon get outdated, it has already started showing its age, it just looks good when it's dark, because of that floating roof effect , I am happy to be the owner of this car in future (fiat punto evo 90 HP).:).
    cassini likes this.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Minor niggles apart, I am sure you will not regret your decision. I have started to enjoy the ride. it's getting better every day. Congrats on your beauty. Happy new year and enjoy your ride.
    prabhjot and Aviral singh like this.
  8. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    I have my Linea from the first batch (2008 model though they started selling from Jan 2009). On flat roads (which is usually the right most lane on a multi lane highway), I could leave my hands off the steering at speeds above 150 - solidly composed and stable. So, you guys need to verify if the pulling left is because of the roads banked on the left. You can probably try with another car on the same roads.

On the niggles - I had tons of them, all related to front suspension and steering system. I attribute most of them to my abusive driving and also too high pressure on tires (I used to fill about 33 psi to get whatever small mm ground clearance). Now, all four alloys are damaged and thus I'm a lot more sedate driver (I don't cross 150 speed these days) with upsized tires on the front (195/65 R15) with raised ground clearance. And thus I fill just 30 psi or at max 32 as I'm running Continental Premium Contact 2 with soft side walls on the front. No suspension issues since then. I regret that I put the ground clearance kit, because just upsizing the tires should have been sufficient. Keeping 195/60 profile with raised ground clearance is not an option for me as it leaves too much emptiness in the wheel well and reminds me of Tata cars (before Zest/Bolt).

Now, waiting for my rear tires to go fully bald (another couple of months I guess) before I buy two more new tires and change all alloys to steel ones and put 195/65 tires on all wheels and forget potholes and bad roads :)

Next is to try the Wolfmoto ECU map. I do have the race dynamics box (with remote to select mode on the go) unused. It does give quite a good boost of power, but I felt a bit of trouble with brakes - it feels as if it is pulling more aggressively even after I release the throttle. Brakes were worn out earlier than I expected, could be due to my aggressive driving. Currently, wolfmoto is on my mind after reading the reviews here. But honestly, with stock 90 bhp, my had been the fastest on the road except for a few occasional Skoda Laura. Just that I want to be a little quicker too ;)
    prabhjot and aramico like this.
  9. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Mine is a 75hp Evo and like I mentioned earlier I had this slight left pulling issue earlier. After a friend mentioned here that new alignment values are provided by Fiat, I called them up again and got the alignment checked. The toe values are adjusted and it's rectified now.

punto_Evo_wb_report.jpg
    prabhjot and aramico like this.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Thanks. I will check @FASS here during my 1st service.