1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am yet to get the car and the report for the pulling problem. I will check the same post ball joint replacement.
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Finally got my vehicle back today after almost two weeks. Pulling problem had reduced. But need to observe for a week. They have replaced the steering ball joint. Feeling little relieved.
    punto_emotion and prabhjot like this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Finished 2 months on my Punto. Here are the observations
    1. Munched 2000km.
    2. Due to niggles (pulling problem / steering ball joint / some rattles) could not enjoy driving the car more. It spent almost 3 weeks in the service workshop (part of being in FIAT world I guess)
    3. The car has become more smoother than initial days. The clutch also has become smoother. Getting used to the lag.
    4. At low speeds the suspension seems hard. But at higher speeds it's a joy.
    Did not get the chance to go for long drive. But planning to visit my native next week. This will be my Punto's 1st highway long drive. Can't wait to get started :).
  5. sentprem

sentprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico I also had a similar left pulling problem on my 90hp evo from day one. Had given to KHT motors to check after 1000 kms on the odo. They did the WA/WB and it seems little ok compared to before, but a slight left pull is still there. Surprised to know many other ppl r facing similar issues, Pls keep us updated on this if it finally boils down to replacing tyres or something else. will follow it up with KHT.

Did any of you 90hp diesel owners face a jerk in the 3rd gear around 1500 to 1800 rpm while accelerating? The jerk happens occasionally say 6/10 times. It feels as though there is small gasp for fuel in-between for a sec before it cleanly accelerates(Its not the turbo kick which I am talking about). Its slight but definitely annoying. The KHT guys dont seem have a clue on how to fix this issue.

My friend bought a linea 90hp on the same week from KHT and he too faces the similar issue. We had raised this issue with fiat, but isnt rectified fully yet. Cleaning up the fuel filter just has reduced the occurrences of the jerk.
  6. Vishi

Vishi Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Is this the new punto evo and new linea. The reason I am asking is I have seen in other threads as well were the new Linea owners posting similar issues. Infact when I did the TD of linea mjd in Vecto motors i found the same issue but they said its a TD vehicle and have not given for servicing. I own 2011 Punto 90hp and till today the vehicle has been in class form.
  7. sentprem

sentprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes @Vishi its the new punto evo and new linea. The other thread post could have been from my friend himself.
    I will going shortly for 5k km service. I will try to drive the test drive vehicle again to confirm. I dont remember noticing it on the TD vehicle. Had a great struggle in making the service guys understand what the issue really is. They were just giving absurd reasons like Sir its the turbo kick, Sir you didnt release the clutch properly. Had to write a stern mail to Fiat to make these guys seriously look into the issue.

We were suspecting adulterated fuel initially which could be put in by KHT while delivering the cars. But post the initial fuel filled by them. Mostly I fill up at Shell and problem persists still. Since it happens only in 3rd gear at that particular RPM range, so chances of adulterated fuel is very less and if you have noticed it in the TD vehicle from Vectro then its a common issue then and not many ppl noticing it.
  8. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @sentprem,me too booked punto evo 90 HP should I drop the plan or should I go further because it's a lot of money invested and then to if you don't get a car that gives you fun as well as peace of mind then it's a waste?? Now I don't know what to do, I have been reading each and every thread and have seen people reporting many problems,I have been ignoring them but I think we should sometimes think from our mind, I am highly sad and confused, because instead of positives of the car I i am more often reading negatives´┐╝.
  9. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

Pune
    My Punto is 4 years old and it has been giving me left pull issue since day 1 :(. I tried everything I could but couldn't get it resolved. Visited Pandit auto a lot of times, the problem got reduced but didn't disappear :(. Lived with this for last 4 years.

Now, it was time to change my tyres, my Punto did 34K KMs so far and the JK Tyres started getting bald. Today changed to new Bridgestone B290 and upgraded the size from 165/80 to 185/70. Surprisingly the left pull issue is almost gone! The only little pull that I am experiencing now could be attributed to the road condition. Reason being, the pull is also on the right sometimes when I hit and un-even road. I am more than happy now!!

Overall, I am really happy with my Punto in the last 4 years. Today I also saw Avventura and got totally blown away but the looks and the quality of material.

If someone asks me now that if I'll go for another FIAT? Hell yeah, anytime!! and if FIAT brings in a T-jet Punto, I am ready to tread in my existing Punto with a Punto T-Jet !! :)
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But if it was as a problem with earlier manufactured cars then fiat should have addressed them on the first hand and already eliminated them at the first place there is a punto evo on tfi with the same issue already in newer models they should have acknowledged it.