1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Robin

Robin Timido

delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Patience and persistence always leads to wisdom. Good choice after so much efforts.
    aramico likes this.
  2. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations on your new acquisition, wish you many happy miles with your Italian beauty!
    aramico likes this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi armico that was a fantastic photo op for the black beauty.I think Fiat India can borrow from you for their promotion. As Ravi sir had mentioned the lag in 1 and 2 gear will taper off soon. Believe me when I shifted fro vista to Linea mjd I felt the same. Now its six months and 10k km I don't feel it any more.
    Congrats for your new black beauty.
    aramico likes this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Thanks @Mabams1826 . I am coming to grips with it. but sometimes it gets to frustrating levels especially with AC on in city b2b traffic. As so many TFIans mentioned , the engine opens up post 5K. Hope it get better & better.
  5. Ravi Varma

Ravi Varma Novizio

Pune
    Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Awesome, congrats bro!! A nice write-up complimented with good pics. can you also share how much the art leather seats costs? It's been three months with my 75hp Evo and I'm yet to get seat covers (the light colour is very vulnerable) or a 3M coat. Is a 3M underbody coat required? I, in Pune and you in Bangalore do not have any sea coast nearby :)
    Did you get the reverse parking sensors done outside. Please share the costs as well.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I too have question for underbody coat and Paint Sealant treatment from 3M. Does any of these treatments voids the paint warranty, if at all any such warranty exists for Fiat ?
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes for Bangalore & Pune weather we do not require under body coating. Paint sealant coating can done if it is necessary.
    Art Leather would cost anything between 9k - 20k based on quality of material & the vendor you get it done. It cost me 16K (Its is including door pads & steering wheel).
    I bought the reverse parking sensors from outside & got it fixed in service center. Only fixing cost was paid.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2014 ---
    No. It does not void any warranty. If you Since you are in Bangalore under body coating is not required.
  8. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Past couple of weeks have been busy in getting the "LEFT PULL" problem solved. FASS guys changed / swapped different tyres from different Puntos. But no avail. Appollo concluded no problems with tyres . As informed by FASS there seem to be same problem with couple of EVO's (especially 90HP ones with R16). I am no sure how true it is. The issue has been raised to FIAT technical team. Waiting for tomorrow to get the final attempt done. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Now, there seems to be a new problem. There is a rattling noise near the steering column below. The problem maker is the steering ball joint. FASS replacing under warranty. Getting really really frustrating :banghead: . Car is spending more in service centre than on road.
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Sorry to hear that. :(

Cheer up, maybe it's just 'auspicious' initial trouble that'll in the longer run lead to a reliable, predictable ownership experience.;)

Do they have a fix for the pulling-left issue with some of the 90 hp-s, like yours?