1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    or one of the alloys, bent? Keep us updated, will you?

cheers, relax
    aramico likes this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the world of Fiats buddy. Not sure if you changed the tires. If they are OEMs I guess you will have to live with it.

I got Appolo Accelere with my 90 HP. The spare tire which was a steel one was changed to alloy and tire was upgraded to 195/60 of same make.

My car was pulling towards right side from the beggining. Waited till first 5k and then asked for proper alignment during the first service. Even after alignment the issue was still there. They just swapped the right front tyre with the rear one and the issue was gone. My car recently completed 10 k and I went for balancing, rotation and alignment. I am using all the five tires for rotation and the faulty tire is again back in the front but this time its on the left side.

And guess what its now pulling to the left. I will give it one more shot and check if the alignment is correct. I feel the issue is with the tire. So I will either live with it till I change my tyres or use only four tyres in rotation. When its time to change tires I will upgrade to either Michelins or Bridgestones.
    aramico and prabhjot like this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I understand it would be frustrating as a new car owner. But dont worry, things shall settle down. Did they try swapping the tyres? How many kms on the odo as of now? Have you noticed any uneven wear & tear on any particular tyre?
    aramico likes this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes, Infact they swapped the tyres. Just got them to check by swapping the tyres from demo vehicle. Its working fine, no pulling. So requested them to replace the tyres. Vecto guys have already raised the issue with Fiat. Got 5th Dec as inspection date from them. Hopefully I should get the replacement. Can't see any uneven wear & tear . Also no bend in alloys. On Odo it is only 1100kms.
    cassini and prabhjot like this.
  5. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    She is a beauty man.. Interiors are stunning too except that steering leather like others said. It stands odd. Sorry, just my opinion.

Me too planning to buy Evo 90hp. But that Avvy out there is really confusing me.:confused:
    prabhjot and aramico like this.
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ If it is in your budget I would suggest to go with Avvy. You wont go wrong with both. But Avvy would be dearer by a lakh almost; with not too much of difference in feature wise. Yes it has rugged road presence.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. eleanor

eleanor Timido

Bangalore
    Vidyaranyapura
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome Photography...
    aramico likes this.
  8. venkyvenks

venkyvenks Timido

madurai
    @aramico I too have the same problem with my evo 90hp pulling towards left from day one. Even after several wa&wb and tyre rotation the problem persist and finally fass found the culprit to be the tyre and the FASS had raised complaint with apollo tyres. The engineer has visited today and has taken report on it. I'm waiting for the results.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. tejas1982

tejas1982 Timido

mumbai
    Hey bro,
    Congrats on your new acquisition. It is indeed one of the best looking hatches in india from the time of its launch.
    Bangalore and mumbai roads are full of idiotic speed breakers n potholes , but i am sure your new baby will take care of those not to worry.
    I also have a 90hp punto of 2012 , its a great car . if u want to boost its performance get it remapped from tune o tronics bangalore. My car has transformed into whole new beast and is now capable of touching tripple digit speeds in 12 secs which prior was 15 secs . Secondly the overall refinement , NVH levels will further improve resulting in greater fuel efficiency.
    Seconly i have upgraded my ice also without changing the stock head unit. Do let me know if u wanna know some specs about the same .
    Since you are aware of team bhp read kkarthik post and his modifications . i bet his car would be one of the best in india right now. Even i was inspired from him .
    Congrats once again and enjoy many miles on your italian babe .
    Regards
    Tejas
    aramico likes this.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @tejas1982 . Yes I will get my car remapped soon. Just waiting for it to clock 5K on ODO. I will opt either for Wolfmoto OR tune o Tronincs. I know about Wolf, but no much about Tronics. Will they provide switchable maps or just tuning? can this be detected at FASS? I don't want to get my warranties void so soon ;).

ICEing is my next target before tuning. I was really impressed by Kkarthik's post. But I am noob in ICE. So very much confused. Also right now I am low on Vitamin M. So will wait for couple of months before upgrading. This will also give me enough time to finalize my set up.
    If you could suggest something, I can use that as starting point & build up.