1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak, any suggestions where can I get alloys painted?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Buddy no idea on who is the best in bangalore for great finish. I will check and inform you. But one suggestion - the current 16' alloys have silver finishing. It looks nice on your car as its black. Where as the alloys offered on powertech/GP are mostly finished with grey gun metal theme. Silver looks nicer and suits well.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I know, I just want to make it look little more sportier, probably leaving the outside petal shapes in silver rest in Grey /gun metal / black finish.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : I feel if you will google 'painting alloys' you should get some info on that. If paint is applied by an expert, there shouldnt be any problems pertaining to its life.

@Deepak : I do agree that the ride would become better with 15' and there arent much options in the 16' tyre spec. Still, 90 HP was a sports variant, and specially after a remap, the Punto would beg for bigger tyres, so that it is able to transfer the increase power properly to the wheels, specially while cornering. Ride is a little stiff at lower speeds, but still not a deterrent, in fact the high speed ride is simply mind blowing. Also the MC5 isnt a bad tyre at all. In fact I might be switchng to them only after my OEM tyres are done or persist with Alnac which are quite good, except for the noise. The Michelins are very quiet tyres but IMO they arent made for our roads and are puncture prone, specially if it includes drives to remote areas.

Also, please dont revert to steel rims. Alloys not only enhance the look, but by design are lighter and sturdier which actually makes a lot of difference in the performance. If you really want to downgrade, look for the used 75 HP alloys in decent condition
    PradeepM, aramico and Deepak like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    PradeepM, Turbothinghy and aramico like this.