1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak, any suggestions where can I get alloys painted?

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Buddy no idea on who is the best in bangalore for great finish. I will check and inform you. But one suggestion - the current 16' alloys have silver finishing. It looks nice on your car as its black. Where as the alloys offered on powertech/GP are mostly finished with grey gun metal theme. Silver looks nicer and suits well.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I know, I just want to make it look little more sportier, probably leaving the outside petal shapes in silver rest in Grey /gun metal / black finish.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Turbothinghy and Deepak like this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : I feel if you will google 'painting alloys' you should get some info on that. If paint is applied by an expert, there shouldnt be any problems pertaining to its life.

@Deepak : I do agree that the ride would become better with 15' and there arent much options in the 16' tyre spec. Still, 90 HP was a sports variant, and specially after a remap, the Punto would beg for bigger tyres, so that it is able to transfer the increase power properly to the wheels, specially while cornering. Ride is a little stiff at lower speeds, but still not a deterrent, in fact the high speed ride is simply mind blowing. Also the MC5 isnt a bad tyre at all. In fact I might be switchng to them only after my OEM tyres are done or persist with Alnac which are quite good, except for the noise. The Michelins are very quiet tyres but IMO they arent made for our roads and are puncture prone, specially if it includes drives to remote areas.

Also, please dont revert to steel rims. Alloys not only enhance the look, but by design are lighter and sturdier which actually makes a lot of difference in the performance. If you really want to downgrade, look for the used 75 HP alloys in decent condition
    PradeepM, aramico and Deepak like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    PradeepM, Turbothinghy and aramico like this.
  6. KING CHACKS

KING CHACKS Timido

KL O8 BL 8OO
    THRISSUR
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats... aramico....
    aramico likes this.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am updating my thread after a long hiatus. Lot happened in between. My (b)ride completed two years in October. Now the odo stands at 31k. I have driven almost 10K post my car has been wolfed. The experience has been excellent. The car ha really opened up. the mid range is very addictive. I have done some spirited runs recently and it felt as good as always. Simply no regrets. Thanks Fiat for selling such an excellent product for very few of us. :happy:

The only grouse I had with my car was its lights. It was good for city driving in well to decent lit conditions. BUt in extreme dark or highway rides it is very difficult with the throw being shoddy to say the least. The high beam used to better the situation but not to the great extent. So changed to Philips EV, drove for some time & it was much better than stock still was not happy with performance in extreme dark situations. SO after doing lot of R&D push / pull finally decided to get the headlights to retrofit with bixenon HID. Got it installed through Xenon planet. It simply blew me away & I am extremely happy new eyes for my ride. Let the pictures do the talking

20170225_125040.jpg

Also Observe the plastidipping of fog lamp chrome surround.
    20170225_125031.jpg

20170226_130538.jpg

Product installed
    FXR V3 retrofit with Apollo shrounds
    55W / 5000k driven to 4500k, 55W ballasts.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    @PradeepM , request you to rename the thread to -
    My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!, Now wolfed
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017 ---
    there is some problem with uploading images trying again to upload some random output images of FXR later.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : Would be great if you could share the quote of the HID retrofit.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's a wonderful addition! Looking smashing @aramico !
    aramico likes this.
  10. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    That's a beauty. Punto looks awesome with new eyes!! ;)

Btw from where you got done the plastic padding for chrome surrounds? I'm planning to get it done same. How much did it cost and quality wise your opinion? Have you done the same to the rear as well? Can you post a rear pic please @aramico
    aramico likes this.