1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Rahul2013

It's VERY hot as well, that does not help fuel efficiency at all, all else being equal. And dusty (air filter). Hope you've got your timing chain-change etc BIG important service done?

cheers
    Rahul2013 likes this.
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul2013 that is a good average. With heavy right foot on the highways this is the mileage range you generally find on 90hp. If you maintain 100-110 you will get close to 18 - 19. Don't worry too much. Enjoy your drives.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    Rahul2013 likes this.
  3. mallikarjuna rao linga

mallikarjuna rao linga Timido

bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul2013 . I am using punto evo 90 hp. I went for a trip to guntur from bangalore, a total of 1500 kms at a avg speed of 100-110 and i got 19 kpml approx. i didn't go beyond 110 as i put a speed limit of 110. I went twice, one trip in dec 2015 and one in march 2016. But i am happy. The journey is on high way!!!
    Rahul2013 likes this.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Update after long time, Lot happened in last couple of months, I have been contemplating about remap since I hit 15k, but could not bring myself to finalize it due options available, Then finally decided take the safe / populist option & got it WOLFED.
    I got in touch with Rajeev in early June & So 9th June it was for my Punto reincarnation . I was really excited, could not sleep properly due to the same. so met Rajeev @ his apartment near KR puram on 9th June around 10.30am. by 11 the car was remapped. We went for short test drive, I could already feel the responsiveness & eagerness of my ride. We tested Map3 , it was really awesome, I was struck by how light the Punto felt, even with the AC on the car was pulling effortlessly. The lag in lower gear was gone there was oodles of torque. Suddenly Punto became even hotter to drive. Needless to say I was grinning ear to ear :happy:. I was like WTF, is this really my car? I barely could control my excitement. We could not try the Map4 a there was no empty stretch to test the full potential. Left thanking Rajeev for giving new life to Punto & will elt him know the feedback on the Map4.

Its been two months since the remap, I am really enjoying how the Punto feels now, very eager / light / fun to drive & with the kind of braking power it has I can push her harder if required. Even Rajeev confirmed he feels more safe in linea compared to Rapid due to the brakes.

Map 1 : Good for city driving, enough torque for the lower gears so car pulls nicely, I feel this is very closer to the new ECU update released by FIAT last year.
    Map 2 : I kind of like this map. This is my favorite one for city driving. Nice pulling in lower gears,
    Map 3 : This is my 2nd favorite map for city driving. This is best of both world (power & efficiency).
    Map 4 : This is superb for the long highway drive. The top end is simply addictive. The overtaking has become easy. The lower gears feel little less exciting.
    The other thing I have observed is that the car is smoking little more on hard acceleration, need to check with Rajeev on this. Any input from fellow Wolfed Tfians would be of great help.

The car has completed 22K recently. I have changed the engine oil & filter post remap. I am mostly driving in Map 2 & 3. There are some rattling in roof & rear left door panel. I will get is checked during my 3rd service.

Also Met with minor accident, one over enthusiastic bicycle guy came and rammed my car in rear quarter panel, while taking a turn & left with dent on the panel. I have just left as it is for right now. Will get is removed in future.

I has been one helluva journey till now mostly enjoyable with minor niggles. Couple of upgrades planned in future
    a. ICE upgrade - pending from long time.
    b. Alloy change.
    c. blackening of fog light chrome surround & Abarth decals at sides.

Cheers,
    Raj_pol, prabhjot, KPR and 3 others like this.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : congrats on getting the beauty Wolf'ed. Im still not able to decide on remap. May be in near future.
    a. ICE upgrade - Which one are you planning? pioneer 5890 looks good.
    b. Alloy change- Any plan to downgrade to 15' alloy? Linea dynamic alloy or Momo looks fab on punto.
    aramico and gpunto75 like this.
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : Congrats bro on your remap. I too am going to get it done, mostly next month :D Regarding the alloys, I feel that the 90 HP alloys look really classy. If you are bored by the looks then please try playing with photoshop by colouring the inside and outside part of the alloy (in black/red) and you would find them sportier. If you want lighter alloys, then its a different case.

@Deepak : I dont think there is any point in downgrading the alloys to 15'. The 16' provide better handling around the corners, something the new Puntos miss o_O
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
    aramico likes this.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak ,
    a. ICE - I am not big fan of touch screen in cars. I prefer the tactile feeling of the buttons (may be you can call me an old school.. ;)). If it has to be touch screen then I need some kind of knob / separate button to adjust the HU. I was looking for full blown audio set up with Pioneer DEH-80PRS HU , Amps / subs / Twitters / Mid range / etc. I am really short on Vitamin M right Now. So thinking to do stage by stage. I know it turn out little more expensive.
    b. Alloys - I am very happy with 16" alloys. They look nice. I feel handling is better, Except the litte more body roll compared to 15". I wanted to make it look more sportier. I was looking at MOMO - in 98PCD only Revenge (black & anthrasite) & Hyper silver models are available (16"). If you could suggest of any other alloys with 98PCD it would be great. As I really don't want to hub centric rings and end up different problems altogether with 100PCD.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The only fear i have about 16' allloys is during the tyre change. There are very less options available in 195/55 16. ex: Michelin P3 ST is not available. Also 16' tyres are expensive. (~7k per tyre). Continental MC5 is the best option in 16'.
    I am thinking to downgrade to 15' steel rims during my next upgrade along with P3 ST.
    steel rim cost 1k per piece = 1x4 = 4k , also 15' micheline p3 ST roughly costs 17k on good bargain.
    So ~20-22k you will get brand new wheel plus tyres. Where as 7k x 4 = 28k for 16' tyres.
    The ride is expected to get more comfortable as profile will be higher (195 60 15).
    aramico likes this.
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy , Thanks for the suggestion. I like the alloys, but I am looking make it more sportier. I am note sure how long the paint on alloy would stay .
  10. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : there are very less manufactures who provide after market alloys in 98 pcd. Usually it comes with 8 holes (4x98pcd and 4x 100pcd) so it can match variety of cars. Momo is the best bet when it comes to 98pcd. recently i happen to see a 90HP alloys painted black with gloss finish. It looked fab. Unfortunately i could not take a pic :(
    aramico likes this.