1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Ashok James I have got it done from Marvin Leathers, Lal bagh raod, Bangalore. It is faux leather & not a real one. You can contact Mr. Kiran - +91 9379264804.
  2. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I am writing after a very long time. Just couldn't do it because of the time crunch. It has been quite a couple of eventful and hectic last 2-3 month for me. Lot of running around to do. Mean while my Ride has completed 17K on ODO. Visited Vecto for general service.
    The following issues were highlighted.
    1. Rattling near left rear seat & door. (removed & fixed the seats / door panel. Issues not rectified fully)
    2. Noise / thud on front left suspension. (Problem with the bush. Replaced under warranty)
    3. Khadak noise while switching on / off of AC. (filter cleaned & system checked. working fine now)
    4. Water leakage on driver side door due to rubber seal problem. (beading replaced. No leakage now)
    5. Passenger air bag failure warning. (Problem with the wiring / connections in the indicator stack. Replaced under warranty)
    6. light button cluster back light not working. (LED replaced. Working fine now).
    The service experience this time around was not so good. it took almost 4 days. They did not order the rubber seal. I had to remind them. Also they installed Linea indicator stack on my car. It was my mistake, I didn't check completely. Had to visit again to get the part replaced.

5th Feb the fateful day,
    The inevitable happened in Bangalore traffic. A lunatic in goods auto tried to do a Schumi by overtaking and banged my rear left door & fled away. Could not get hold of him because of the traffic. Parked the vehicle. With heavy heart got out to check the damage . The door had d big dent & scratch. Felt really sad. could not get over it for couple of days
    Then took the vehicle to Vecto motors & claimed insurance. The whole door had to be replaced. As usual the parts took almost 10 days to arrive. They took two days to paint and make the vehicle ready.
    This time around the service was even more worse. I think Vecto guys are losing it. I had a shocker when I went to collect my vehicle. the front left fender had a big dent on it & they tired to touch it up & pass it on. Also some one had removed the 90HP logo as well. was frustrated to say the least. They agreed to replace the fender. Past 18 month of my ownership I never had this exp. with Vecto. I am now little skeptical to visit there again. Has any one faced issues recently with Vecto?

Aprt from these the vehicle is running well. Engine has become more smoother now. Even the gear box feels lot better. The ECU update has indeed made the city driving much better than earlier. Had a good detailing session to make it look bling again.
    The to do list
    1. Get the vehicle little makeover by blackening the fog lamp cluster.
    2. Add some decals.
    3. Re-map definitely in future.
    4. ICE upgrade.

Will post some pics soon.
    Cheers.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Raj_Hari

Raj_Hari Timido

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico, finished reading through your post it was an excellent journey for 10K kilometers along with your black beauty.
    a. Excellent seat covers with red stitches, its an eye candy
    b. Not seen much of this black beauty in Chennai roads, its stunning
    c. Detailing job by your self is awesome, i am speechless.

I had my italian beauty (90bhp) delivered on 25th December 2015, have completed 9180 km till now. Few things i can compare between myself and yours
    a. Left pulling, if i remove the hands from steering, it tend to lean towards to the left; still controllable (Spoke to few Alignment Shops in Chennai BM Lal, MRF bu response received was very surprising; they mentioned this do to with weight of the car; which is heaviest in the segment.
    b. Until 5k, engine was struggling in 2nd and 3rd gear; thanks to ECU update done by FASS, car is super peppy now in lower gears. We are team of 5 punto owners every one felt different when driving my punto.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_Hari . congratulations on your beauty. 9K odd in just 3 months!! That's really good. Have much more happy miles ahead.
    Chennai heat is the primary reason for lesser black beauties I guess. It will be steaming inside with the all black interior as well (sports version). Bangalore is also getting closer & closer to Chennai temp.
    The left pull issue is very common in Punto / FIATS. I think it's largely due to beautiful / excellent & very sensitive steering (HPS). It just follows the road camber. We get the false feeling of left / right pull. Yes, sometimes alignment issues are also culprits.
    Team of 5 Punto's. That's really cool. You guy's must be scorching Chennai Roads.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @aramico Sorry to hear about the service issues with Vecto. Those idiots did a lot of over spray on my roof and the rear glass panel. I have left it as it is - can only be noticed in bright sunlight when viewed close. I will complete a few thousand km's more and then detail the whole car which should remove the over spray.

With Fiat, the number of showrooms are very less and one has to suffer for it.
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Raj_pol , Yes, Since the volumes for FIAT are getting low day by day (being the case for years now); We have to do away with better of the worst.
  8. Rahul2013

Rahul2013 Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys

Yesterday went for long drive in my 90 hp 1.3 hatch back with family. 850 km in a day. ButI am disappointed with avg it's shows only 16 km with ac. Is this gud. Avg speed is 110.
    Highest touch at 140.

Pls reply at avg.
  9. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Rahul2013 Yes that is a good average you are getting. In my 75 HP at around 100 or 110 speeds for reasonable distances I will be getting 18.5 to 19. You have a more powerful machine so you are getting 16 and you are also driving faster. Remember an average Punto weighs 1300 Kg whereas a Swift is around 950 Kg and a Baleno 800 kg. You are never going to get the mileage that they get. But, a Swift scores an NCAAP 0 in safety tests whereas a Punto was 5 star rated even in 2005.
    Rahul2013 likes this.
  10. Rahul2013

Rahul2013 Timido

Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    May be I can get more avg after change clutch set. As its almost five year old run 77000 km with clutch change.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2016 ---
    I got stickers day before yesterday . I am confused abt placement pls some body help me abt placement.