1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ @Turbothinghy .by less FE I meant was the the overall FE has come down form 14-15 to 11-12 in city. I thought this was due to air filter issue. But it is not the case. Need to get this checked. Frankly not done long drive post the ECU update. Planning my visit to native soon. Will update the figures post that.

Yes, I am loving every bit of driving this hot hatch & will make my own poor man's Abarth of it.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya update us after you pile on some kms. In city it should give at least 13-14 with ac and at least 15 without AC.
    aramico likes this.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : how many Kms have you driven post ecu update? ECU requires minimum KMs to run to adjust to new update. This is exactly like remap. I feel your FE will definitely increase after a short long drive. And considering Blore's pathetic traffic there is no surprise if you get a FE < 10 :banghead:
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak I have just driven 100kms post update.. Need to check the same on long drive.
    Yes given the Bangalore traffic conditions you should not be surprised to see low FE figures
    Deepak likes this.
  5. Scorpione Rosso

Scorpione Rosso Timido

Utopia
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  6. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Some Magic Numbers on my ride. Last month crossed 10K (in 8 months). Car is breathing little better post ECU update. The left pulling issue has not surfaced again till now. Enjoying every bit of ride after initial niggles / hiccups. It is getting smoother and better day by day. Few upgrades on the cards
    1. Need to install ABARTH decals & red accents.
    2. Need to pimp my ride to make it look even hotter - c quartz treatment.
    3. ICE, in near future, short of vitamin M right now.

EVO 10K.jpg .

Recently bought lot of stuff to detail my car. The list is growing. Probably need separate room to store all of them ;)
    1. Ultima water less wash
    2. Poorboy's black hole glaze - glaze before wax.
    3. Four star ultimate paint protection - wax
    4. Carp pro PERL - for plastic / rubber
    5. Carpro - spotless - to remove stubborn watermarks
    6. Collinite 845
    7. MF cloths
    8. Plasti dip.
    9. Gyeon Tire gel.
    10. Gyeon bathe - shampoo.
    11. Auto finesse APC.
    Will post pic of my detailing collection soon.

Cheers
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do check if either of the FUPP or C845 would have bonding issues if used with PB Black hole. C845 does need clean paint surface to bond well and have a lasting effect. Think the Four Star would be better with Black hole.
    aramico likes this.
  8. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Yes, you are bang on . FUPP works better with PB. collinite is very good. But not as slick as FUPP. Also attract more dust than FUPP. PB gives nice depth to the paint.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @aramico

Now you have me hooked with that detailing armoury. Can you lists the step wise usage of the products if you have detailed your car and a bit more information on the steps followed?
    Deepak likes this.
  10. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur , I am no expert in detailing. Just learned thing doing online research & talking to detailing Guru..
    Product wise most of the time I follow this pattern
    1. UWW / ONR- Ultima water less wash / Optimum No Rinse - This is a go to product for my most of the cleaning / QD works. I use shampoo only when the car gets real dirty.
    2. Gyeon bathe - This is shampoo which I am using at present. It works well. It's simple shampoo without any wax content in it.
    3. Car pro spotless - This is one wonderful product to remove those stubborn water marks from paint surface. Though it is slightly acidic does not affect the paint. It is a versatile product. You can use it on glass / trims / plastic / rubber etc.
    4. Poorboy's black hole - This is a pre-waxing glaze which gives very nice depth to dark paints. It can be layered.It hides minor swirls. BUt if you want to reduce the swirls use SSR 2/2.5. But it is impossible to remove swirls merely by hand polishing.
    5. Four star UPP - This is my current fav. LSP. One amazing product. Provides great depth and shine. Its Not like regular waxes. very slick and beads like crazy. Lasts up to 2-3 months. Just love this product. I generally layer it twice.
    6. Collinite 845 - One of most famous waxes around. One of my 1st buys as waxes. It is really good product. Gives nice shine. But attracts more dust like pure carnauba. Not used it for quite a while.
    7. Carpro PERL - This one is again a versatile product from Carpro. Using it on my interior plastics with dilution 1:1. It gives amazing dark matte look to faded plastics. Longevity is very good as well. Yet to try it on my tyres.
    8. Gyeon Tire gel. - Recently bought it to try in on my tyres. It works very good. Lasts up to month and a half. Nice product. You can layer it to get that jet black look on tyres.

This is my general detailing routine
    1. Dusting my car using JOPASU duster.
    2. Washing - Use ONR / UWW for washing of my car. Only use use shampoo whent is dirty. I wash it 1-2 times a week. Generally I dilute the UWW in bucket as per my requirement (15-30ml) & use the spray bottle to spray it on each panel. I always use 1no. folded MF cloth per panel (5-6nos per wash) to reduce the swirls.
    3. Claying - I only do claying once in 6-8 months to remove surface contaminates. I use elasto foam sponge.
    4. After claying I rinse the car again. To reduce minor swirls on paint surface, I use Poor boys SSR 1 & 2. These are less than compound more than polish. Gives decent result with the hand. It is definatley not comparable to machine polish. This process is done once in 6*8 months.
    5. Glazes - Poor boys black hole - I always use this product as pre-wax glazing polish. This give very nice glaze to paint. Hides miro swirls.
    6. Waxes / coatings - this is my fav step in my detaling session. Here I use my current fav. Four star UPP. I just love this. Gives amazing depth to the paint. I layer it twice with 24hrs, gap.
    7. Tire dressing - I always cleant the tire using APC. Then apply the tire gel in two layers on dry surface & buff it to get matte finish. This lasts up to a month.
    8. Interior Plastic / vinyl - I use amway product to clean my seat covers & carpro for may dash & other plastics.

I am sure you know most of these steps already. This is how my humble detailing session works. My next products to try is ZAINO ones. They are expensive. But hears it is worth it. I am keen to know your detailing session as well.

Cheers
    Deepak, ghodlur and varunrtr like this.