1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : Bro the jerk issue has been taken care of by the new ECU update. I have done that and have driven it around 500 kms and I can say that, that issue has disappeared. In fact the drivability has also become better in the lower RPMS.
    aramico likes this.
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    thanks.. @kunwar.g & @Turbothinghy for the update. I have checked with ASS here have to visit them this weekend for the update. Also have to get the air filter checked as the pickup has reduced a lot. Is there anything else to check / note for the less pickup?
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The air filter seems to be the culprit here. Get it checked. The pick up issue should be resolved. @Deepak : Your pointers??
  4. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mostly likely the Airfilter is the first culprit, but considering that the car has been recently serviced at 5K km, did they dont clean the air filter. They are supposed to do that. If not do that first. If still the issue persist then it could be the turbo hose.

A little more insight on when do you feel the power loss, which rpm, which gear can help better diagnoise the issue ( atleast sitting far way from the car ). Best is the physical check-up. You can clean the air filter at home itself if have the tools. Then drive for approx 10-15 km and see if its back to normal or not.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ @kunwar.g .1st I will get the air filter checked. The power loss is through all the gear(2nd and above) & across the RPM range (1700& above). car is felling suffocated & not pulling smoothly as it used to do.
  6. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Has to be the Airfilter then. Would advice to keep set of tools handy if you dont have it. Just 3 screws to be opened. Recommend to clean every 3K km.

Also the TFI friend who got his Linea ECU update done reported a 0.8km increase in mileage on the same stretch ( home to office )
    prabhjot, aramico and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Common problems in a car - Trouble shooting Guide.

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_latestnews&view=detail&n_id=522&Itemid=10

"If you finding a slow acceleration or rather pathetic pickup - reason could be range to number of factors. But, for self diagnosis could you check in - when was the last time - Air Filter & Fuel Filter were replaced, Spark Plug & Fuel Injectors were cleaned. Also - in most probable scenario - Engine Decarbonizing, may well be required along with regular servicing. There could be heavy carbon deposits in engine, which can be removed through decarbonization process"
    But as your's is new car you need to check air filter as suggested by @Turbothinghy @kunwar.g
    aramico and kunwar.g like this.
  8. sentprem

sentprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Finally got time to get the ECU update for the 3rd gear jerk problem. Have been driving around for a weeks time now and the problem has not occurred again.

Hearing a weird metal grinding noise from behind the right front wheel at slow parking speeds. Had to follow it up KHT fiat and get it fixed, they have addressed it with greasing the suspensions mounts and springs. As of now looks fine, any idea on what it could be . I hope the sound isnt from the steering link rod :(
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yes. Even I got the ECU update done on Friday. The jerking has not surfaced till now. Got the air filter cleaned as well. The pickup has definitely improved. Engine seems to breathe little better. But mileage has not increased. Am I missing something?
    @Turbothinghy , @kunwar.g , @Deepak Thanks for the help / suggestions.
    kunwar.g and Deepak like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro, the FE hasn't increased alarmingly. I also felt the FE got better only sometimes, specially when I was driving with a light foot. For most part, the FE was unchanged at least for me. In fact in my recent pune-mumbai-pune trip i got a meagre 16 km/ltr as I was driving at higher RPMs. So ,relax and enjoy the better tuning and as you will crunch more miles post the update, you would feel that in city your 90HP has actually become more agile :D

BTW what are your current FE figures?
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    aramico likes this.