1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy .. Here the steps which I follow to clean the car
    1. Dust it off using duster (Jopasu / Microfibre cloth).
    2. Use No rinse wash concentrate (Optima no rinse / Ultima waterless wash) if the car is less dirty. I fully shampoo it when it gets really dirty.
    3. Spray the diluted No rinse concentrate panel by panel starting from top & then go down.
    4. I use 3-4 microfibre cloths for the entire car. fold them to quarter so u get 8 sides to work on each cloth. So u can always use fresh side. this would reduce the swirls from developing.
    5. Once the each panel is wiped using the MF cloth, use separate dry MF cloth for to remove water streaking from each panel.
    The whole process takes aprrox 30-45 mins. Hope this helps.
    pegasusss, Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @aramico, @varunrtr and @Raj_pol for your inputs. I have thought of shampooing my 90 hp once in two weeks. So next time when I shampoo will follow the steps.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Nope. It is resolved 80%.. Yet to get a complete resolution. recently did WA/WB.. It has reduced..
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Recently completed 7K on my ride (12th May) in 5 months of actual driving. Barring few minor niggles. It has been very fun filled time with my babe ;)... there has been exponential increase in long drives.
    Average Milage has been 14Kmpl in city with 100% AC & 19Kmpl on highway.

The issues still remain
    1. The mighty left side pull. Don't see solution in sight yet. Can't swap the tyres as well (The Apollo Alnac 4G is side specific)
    2. The gear lever rattling. Just got a call from Vecto motors informing that FIAT has come up with solution, replacing the cable. Planning to get is replaced.
    3. Jerking in 3rd gear between 1800-2200 rpm. No solution from FIAT yet. This apparently surfacing more in 90HP Punto & MJD Linea.
    4. The rattling in the roof. Feeling sceptical to get is rectified as I have a feeling that FASS might inject more.

The things in love with my date with the babe..

1. The build - I think it's been enough said. the solid feeling you get every time close those heavy doors. It's just amazing.
    2. Steering - Though it feels lil heavy in city driving. But it is real joy on long drives, As the name Punto suggests to the point & precise.
    3. Ride quality - Though on the little stiff side, no bone jarring feeling over pot holes even on high speeds. I feel 90HP with R16 has little more body rolling compared to 75HP with R15.
    4. Brakes - The brakes aided by ABS feel even more rock solid, no drama what so ever during braking.
    5. the feel good factor - It's getting better day by day mile by mile.
    6. The engine growl - Yes.. It has become more smoother now. & I have started to really like it. Gets lil noisy at higher speeds.

Niggles aside the grouse have been
    1. the inside plastic quality especially the door pads & levers. Dash board is much better compared to earlier version.
    2. The storage space - I do feel sometime that y cant FIAT provide more storage space inside the cabin.

Cheers..

IMG_20150512_112618.jpg
    Deepak likes this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : good going :happy:
    i suggest you to visit KHT if vecto motors cant fix the issues.
    7k inludes long drive to Sirsi as well? which road you take. Haveri-Sirsi stretch is fine now?
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Yes the 7K includes long drive to Sirsi.. I usually take Left after Harihara toll... The Haveri - Sirsi stretch is still horribly bad till Aalur..
    Deepak likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : didn't get your first point. What do you mean by " Alnac 4G is side specific"..I got mine swapped after there was some left pull. Will get the alignment and balancing checked on my first service.

Even i have faced the 3rd problem regarding jerking though it's not frequent.
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ It's my bad.. What I mean is, The tires are marked with inside & outside, I have shuffled couple of times already, issue not resolved, So can't do it endlessly. So FIAT need to come up with solution.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yup. Its just a temporary solution that wont last long. I had a slight left pull that has become negligible after the tyre swapping. But I know its not a proper solution. Will get the WA/WB done in my first service.