1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Did a quick dash to my native and back. Also completed 4K on ODO. it is 65% highway + 35% city. Apart from minor niggles enjoyed every bit of my ride till now. Highway driving has been absolute pleasure. It is due for 1st service next week. Couple of things to sort out during service
    1. Left pulling issue. Solution has been pending from FASS for quite some time.
    2. Observed rattling noise when you change the gear.
    3. There is little jerks when turbo kicks in. But it is not all the time.

1a.jpg 2a.jpg 3a.jpg 4a.jpg
    prabhjot and punto_emotion like this.
  2. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    5000Km.. 1st service update..
    Got my 1st service done last week. Issues / problems reported
    1. Left side pulling. No resolution. Pending from quite some time.
    2. Bonnet lock had become little loose. Rectified.
    3. Reported little jerks when turbo kicks in. Yet to be resolved. Not observed in many vehicles, so service centre has no clue.
    4. Gear rattling noise. Yet to get a solution from FIAT.
    5. USB port earthing issue. Resolved.
    6. Observed some rattling in the roof. I will wait for some time. As I am afraid that FASS might inject more rather than reducing it.

I am more worried about the 1,3,4. They are pending from quite some time. It is robbing the overall driving experience.
  3. sentprem

sentprem Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico , After my first service the left side pulling got rectified 70% with WA/WB with new values as per FASS, but now its run 8500 kms and its back to the same old state :(. And like neeraj mentioned I can see the steering wheel turns slightly to the left(2 or 3 degree) when I take my hands of the steering when driving on arrow straight roads. Where you able to get any information from the contact person mentioned by neeraj and how it was solved in his car ? .

Seats have started making mild squeaking noise when driven over speed breakers or broken roads.

The jerk is something which I had mentioned earlier which comes only at 3rd gear at 1500 - 1800 rpm , FASS guys last updated me that Fiat engineers are working on the soln as they r receiving complaints of jerks from the 2014 90 hp models. No update from them till date.

Gear rattling noise , my friend who owns a 2014 linea also mentioned. He mentioned that he is able to experience it on the run and not while changing gears. Is it the same case for you as well ?
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Hi @sentprem
    Yes the left side pulling has reduced by 80%. But it is still pretty much there. Yes spoke to the gentleman suggested by Neeraj, still no avail. FASS guys updated me that they are yet to hear from FIAT.

For the jerking even I received the same update. They update me once they hear from FIAT.
    The gear rattling noise happens while changing the gears but not on the run. FIAT engineers have to revert on the same.
    Get your seats removed and fixed again in your presence. That might help.
    FIAT has to improve leaps & bounds in terms of QC at factory level to say the least.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are supposed to do wheel alignment every 2-3k kms , especially since we are driving in indian conditions and you are driving through thousands of speed breakers !!
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I too have this jerking issue on my 2014 Avventura. No solution yet by Fiat on this front :(. I have observed this issue consistently every time i shift to 3rd gear early. For now, i am upshifting to 3rd above 2500 rpm just to avoid this jerk.

Also, by any chance have you faced any issues with Coolant loss also?
  7. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ Hi Rahul,
    No touchwood I don't have problem with coolant loss. There seem to be quite a lot of common issues in the 1st lot of EVO & AVVY from what I can make out through FASS
  8. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : If possible, try to take your vehicle to kHT on 14th April, an engineer is visiting from Fiat to look into some of issues raised by me. Hopefully i'll be able to get a solution from him.
    I suspect there is more to these issues than what meets the eyes. Horrible QC by Fiat :(
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Rahul Singh .. Thanks for the update I will get my vehicle if possible. BTW which KHT is it ? white field / Domlur?
  10. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : This is KHT service center in Whitefield. Will keep you updated regarding the visit schedule as the concerned person is in touch with me regularly.