1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My hot new Italian (b)ride dressed in black!!!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by aramico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^Last time both the exercise were checked (swapping the existing & different set of tyres) & existing tyres were swapped eventually. The pull had reduced. But again it has increased. I will post the alignment report. I have no clue about the problem. If someone can shed light on to it.
  2. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico: i had the the same issue with my Punto Evo 90 HP. I bought it on 23rd of January. They tried swapping the front tires but that didn't work. They made several adjustments to the suspension and aligned the wheels several times but i heard from them is that the issue was with camber. Check the steering position while driving straight. Does the steering tilt towards the left when you want to drive it straight? Please try talking to Mr. Laxman at Butta Service in Hyderabad and ask him about the problem in my car and how they solved it. It took them solid 10 hours to understand the issue. My name is Neeraj Bajaj and my car number is TS 09 J T/R 7155.
    aramico likes this.
  3. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In my car also they tried the same adjustment but they said that they tried doing alignment and now it is being resolved.I don't think if I say to them about camber they won't understand I think ,is there any harm if they would have not understood the issue properly ,is there any problem if its not rectified.
  4. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    ^^ I think it will have effect on your tyres. You have to keep swapping the tyres around to minimize the pull.
  5. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    The WA/WB report from Madhu's
    Earlier
    IMG_20150130_222032.jpg

Latest

IMG_20150130_221915.jpg

camber reading looks different in both the cases.. can any experts shed light on this?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 30, 2015 ---
    OT : Pics of recent trip home,

IMG_0468-2.jpg IMG_0522.jpg IMG_0551.jpg IMG_0558.jpg IMG_05441.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2015 ---
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Ravi Varma, asimpleson, pdash and 4 others like this.
  6. lvbaskar76

lvbaskar76 Timido

chennai
    Nice click aramico.
  7. EshwarPrasad

EshwarPrasad Timido

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I`m 6 feet tall and find the foot well is small. I feel the space for the dead pedal is not required. The gap between the clutch and dead pedal is so less that at times my leg accidentally hits the dead pedal instead of the clutch. Otherwise the car is good in all other aspects.
  8. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @EshwarPrasad Yes footwell feels cramped but actually its not unless one has big foot or uses wide bottom shoes. If you are used to driving other cars then its a matter of getting used to Punto/ Linea footwell. Even I felt the same when I did TD but now after 10 mths of ownership I can say confidently that footwell is not a concern and believe me deadpedal is a boon, especially on these highway loving cars.
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Thanks @Neeraj Bajaj .. Could you please share the contact no. of Mr. Laxman. I am planning a visit to SC next week to resolve this issue.
  10. Neeraj Bajaj

Neeraj Bajaj Timido

Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @aramico : Fiat Technician Lakshman -+919666678586.
    aramico likes this.