1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Hip Hop black Punto Emotion 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by abhijithphilip, May 15, 2012.

1. After 5 years of living with Tata Indica Xeta..
    Booked my first diesel car.. FIAT PUNTO EMOTON 1.3 MJD HIP HOP BLACK after a lot of research. Expected delivery on 18th May.

OTR: 7.6 lacs
    Freebies: Teflon coating, Underbody coating, Reverse sensor, door sill plates, mudflaps, floor mats.

Here is a pic which I took when I visited the showroom for a PDI.

12052012017.jpg

Something that I found during the PDI
    1. The VIN ends with BLZ. Its February make I suppose. Should I have asked for a newer make and wait for another 25 days or is it OK to go with the current one?
    2. The ODO reads 24km.
    3. The power window switch pad came off as soon as I operated them. They said that the clip was loose and it would be fixed during their PDI. Is that supposed to happen in a new car? I guess I must expect the rattling issues right from the beginning.
    4. The tyres looked a bit old. But they assured that they were fresh and would look good once polished well.
    Last edited: May 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont think there should be a problem with this, unless there is a feature change in the newer models,(which is unlikely)

Perfect, thats good news also check for the "R" symbol on the MID that will mean the car has not exceeded 100kms if its not there then ask for clarifications (I"m not sure if its "R" or "H", just clarify that please)
    small niggles == FIAT .
    dont worry

tires up to 6months old wont have any issues AFAIK.
    Just to be safe check all tires for uneveness in thread.
    Look at the model no/ serial no and check onlne and see if you can find the Maf date.
    use a tire thread depth gauge to check the depth.. it should be at least 5.6mm (at least my BS had that much , not sure of how much other brands offer, but you can check with them and see)

Thats it .. just enjoy you're new found love..
    All the best.
    Btw , I call myself "theblack" because i have a ...........
    So special congrats to you on you're back beauty
    1 person likes this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

abhijithphilip: Congrats on ur new ride......... and welcome to FIAT FAMILY

i believe its 'H'
  4. venka

venka BANNED

Congrats buddy :)

Here instead of Teflon coating and under body coating you can bargain for some thing else. I would suggest you get these things done from out side with your supervision like in any of 3M stores available in your area.

Here is a pic which I took when I visited the showroom for a PDI.

Check for " H " symbol

Tyres they will polish at the time delivery. still you can check the month and year of Manufactured.

have a safe ride .
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I would also agree with not going for Teflon coating.
    Its the most misunderstood thing.
  6. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    instead u can ask for spoiler....seat covers....muffler. car cover etc...
  7. Thank you guys.. But I wont be able to check the 'H' until i take the delivery. since the showroom almost 100 kms from here.. Had a real bad time and huge price margin from Marina Motors here at Calicut. So I am taking the delivery from KVR Kannur.

Speaking about Marina Motors.. These guys are really killing Fiat sales here. Get into the showroom and you see Fiat cars are placed at an UN-noticed corner at the far end. And the display car (a OB MJD Dynamic) had scratches and dust almost everywhere (i'm sure they have not even polished it). And getting inside.. u see the rubber steering wheel with fungus all over (think of this in a show-room display car) and a very dirty dash-board. Negotiating the price and freebies, they didnt offer me a single penny discount and no freebies. And they said they could give great deals on Tata cars. How would a person (unlike fans) buy a Fiat car from such a dealership even if he is convinced with the TD?
    btw.. the last OTR offered from Calicut was 7.75 lacs. and

If someone is planning to buy a Fiat from Calicut, I advice them buy only after taking quotations from dealers in nearby cities..
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I must say black version looks smashing..

But be prepared to spend lot of time maintaining it...

For enthusiasts like us it does not matter as we love being with our cars...even if it means washing & cleaning them :)

I have a OB punto...so warning you ...!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. I guess i'll get a car cover and door sill plates.. but not seat covers and spoiler...i had already asked for them but they told me good seat-covers cost around 8000 .. so they couldnt do it..
  10. Congrats Abhijit and hearty welcome to TFI !!

Every tyre will have the manufacturing week on it . it is a 4 digit number which displays week and YY . So you can check for the same . And since the car is Feb Manufactured , I assume that tyres may be also of the same month +- 1 . That wont be a issue .

Once they have done the PDI from their end , before you pay the entire amount , it would be nice if you can go and confrim that all the issues that you mentioned has sorted out. Because once you pay the amount and it is registered in your name then it will be difficult to get the issues sorted out , if any .

Ajit