1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My heart beats Punto Punto Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by sandeep007, Mar 21, 2014.

1. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations.....nice write up, short and sweet and straight from the heart :p Do what your heart tells you....way to go!
    In Dec-2010, when I was going to the dealer, Galaxy Motors, to book my GP one of my friends accompanied me; and as we reached the showroom he started " Yeh kya kar raha hain tu, Are you sure??? 8.5 lakh ka Fiat le raha hain. Honda kyon nahi" :evilsmile
    Same guy, fell in love after driving my car. Once the two of us went to Shirdi in it and he drove from Nasik to Mumbai on the way back and he loved every moment of it :)

Even now he is amazed by the way this beauty pulls; that turbo kick sets pulse racing isnt it.

Anyways, dont wanna hijack your thread.
    Congrats on the purchase. Wish you happy mile crunching. Do take good care of the babe and she will never disappoint you.

Awaiting your pics and detailed review.

Cheers
  2. antony1405

antony1405 Novizio

Chennai
    Sandeep & Kiran - good that you guys didn't choose RDC... I really had worst exp in sales... I will share that in a diff forum.. Congrats by the way as you goona own the sexy Italian beauty from today.... Happy Wednesday...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    No No.I did not mean you. I said why would moderators try to move your thread ? they even allow bashers (not you some others) here !..Got it :)?
  4. sandeep007

sandeep007

Chennai
    everyone is amazed by the torque and comfort.. and only few know about it.. tats the problem.. but thanks for the comment.. np in hijacking.. u can share your experiences as long as it doesnt change the thread topic ... :p

- - - Merged Post - - -

Antony ..Even i was thinking the same.. i had asked for RDC people to contact me on 31st since i planned to book only on that date.. but ramkay were shrewd enough to know my mentality and gave me discounts.. this made me to book in ramkay 1week prior to today..i think the sales people are letting RDC down.. they have no interest in selling their cars.. its my opinion..

- - - Merged Post - - -

Cool.. no problemos Bharath.. !!!
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hearty congratulations
    A very youthful and enthusiastic writing.
    I have 2 humble suggestions/advices.
    Buy a model with airbag.
    Let this time be an exception,always do what your parents suggest.
    Happy motoring,cheers.
    3 people like this.
  6. 354138

354138 Timido

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Sandeep, a wise choice indeed but why not the 90 hp bud??? I keep asking myself why haven't I bought the 90 hp :( instead.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. sandeep007

sandeep007

Chennai
    Hi all. Sorry for the big delay. But as you read through , you will understand..
    I didn't have the budget to buy a 90hp. Tats y. Also since im a beginner, i think this is more than enough for me..
    Now to continue with my story,.. I am typing all this from mobile since my bsnl modem has gone kaput..so pardon me for shortcut keys..
    Ah ya, my story... The day came when i went to ramkay to take my beautiful darling from showroom.. I was overjoyed after seein the car. Was absolutely awesome. Still those pics are in my mind. Cant be erased.. With all the pleasantries and everything i got the car from the showroom.. Cakes, poppers, photo stand with photo..
    "Nadodigal style. Dai ippo thaana da photo edutha" .. It means they took photo and gave a pic of us with stand immediately.. That was a small surprise.. Bigger surprises are yet to come.. Gave the wheel to my cousin due to the overly optimistic parents.. I cant blame them too. I have lots of things to learn in driving.. Went straight away to mahalingapuram ayappan temple and was starting to my home.. Cousin Gave the wheel to me.. I did drive well. Just then was going on flyover. A polo who was infront of me stopped. So i stopped and my vehicle got switched off too. Then came the nerve cracking moment which put my family to sadness ..
    The car didn't start for a long time. I switched off completely and took the car key out too. And i tried. Still didn't start. Some 4 to 5 tried even my cousin too . But in vain.. There was huge traffic block because of us so along with few ppl we pushed the vehicle..
    Tats right. We pushed a brand new vehicle. It didn't start.. We called the rsa and everything. He asked me to check for 2big wires on the bonnet. They were good. Just when i was about to lose my patience , the car started in 5mins.. All happiness was lost after this incident. Went home and quietly parked the car and i drove some few miles again just to shed away the tears and anger. So its been 3 days now. Fiat took the vehicle to their shed anddid a full test. Its good. No problems found. I also didn't find this problem after that incident. But tat episode did make us sad.. Now for the fun part. I did mention a lot like i am just a beginner. 1st day my parents asked my cousin to drive.. 2nd day my dad came along with me when i am driving..

Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk
  8. sandeep007

sandeep007

Chennai
    He used to keep on instructing to put indicators and word of caution for everything.. But since yesterday evening and today , he has settled into his Punto sitting like a recliner and playing music loud.. now that's wow with a pat on my back.. I am driving good now and with ease.. Thanks to Punto.. I just love my car.. Bumps, brakes, clutch release, comfortable wide seats, music player surprisingly etc.. Everything is good.. Its damn hot vehicle. Flyover experience is RIP... Future experiences will be sweet.. Thank you guys for reading. Will post pictures after my airtel conn comes. Bsnl is very annoying.
    Now for the doubts part. The fluid vents for the wiper are not working. No fluid is coming out. I checked for fluid . And there are lots of adequate soap water. So what is the problem then,.. Need ur valuable inputs.. And regarding blue and me, its not playing music from my phone. Only takes calls and msgs. It plays music from phone too rite ?? Need help on this too ..

9. sandeep007

sandeep007

Chennai
    Also want to inform that no warning lights and yellow lights were displayed when my car failed to start..everything was perfect..

10. sandeep007

sandeep007

Chennai
    Nobody has replied for any of my previous questions .. :( :( ...
    my car just developed a deep scratch when parking the vehicle.. it has hit the corner of the gate grill.. wat shall i do.. how do i remove.. :( :( .. someone pls reply atleast for this .. :(