1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Hatchback for LIFE - The Red Hot Italian Punto Evo 90HP.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by Dinesh Kumar, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @Dinesh Kumar for getting the beauty. Really a red rocket as @ghodlur described it. Wish you a happy and satisfying ownership.
    Regarding "thadak thadak" sound, most likely it's the issue that your friend diagnosed. Please get this checked. I faced a "tak" sound in my Linea after rotating the steering fully in one direction/turning fully and FASS did tightened up the bolts for link rod to solve this.

Keep sharing your experiences you have with the lady in red. Scorcher of a looker!
    Dinesh Kumar likes this.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Dinesh Kumar : Welcome to the Family buddy. Red is smoking hot :) I dont suggest rain visor on the door as it will spoil the gorgeous look :( the stock set up is more than enough.
    @Turbothinghy : Is there any such option available at FASS to switch to pre 2012 GC set up? How many Gandhijis ? :)
    Dinesh Kumar and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak: Yes it can be done. It would attract a cost of somewhere around 15k. I once sat in one pre-2012 Punto and it's handling was superb, with very minimal body roll around the corners.
    I don't have any problems with the current GC set up, as far as ride is concerned, but yes the handling has gone for a toss when compared with the pre-2012 setup. But I also think that it won't matter to everyone, but to the ones who like taking their Punto to the limit at corners.No wonder nowadays auto mags proclaim Polo to be the best handler in the segment followed by Punto.
    prabhjot and Deepak like this.
  4. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Congratulations @Dinesh Kumar

That red makes the car one hell of a looker. You should be turning many heads as you drive along. Enjoy your drives in it as it will be a wonderful and engaging experience.

I noticed your comment that the AC is not so effective. I always felt that the Fiat ACs were very good. When we were drove into Hyderabad in the end of May, 5 of all sitting comfortably inside. Then when we stopped for a break, we found the outside temperature was 44! The AC worked so well. Perhaps your AC vents are half closed?
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. VIJENDRA SINGH

VIJENDRA SINGH Amatore

DIBIYAPUR
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the new ride buddy!
  6. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!
  7. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you very much @Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 and you are one influential factor in my Punto decision buying decision.

Thank you very much @Saket Sidana . Its a encouraging me that my issue would be similar like yours and could be fixed. I was busy with office work for the whole week and will check it out next week. Yeah, red is a hot scorcher and grabs attention anywhere.

Thanks a lot @Deepak. I've opted for rain visor the very first week and it does suit as it gives a different look. Will post the pics soon :)

Thanks @Vidhyashankar Kannan . Yeah red is hell of a looker but at the same time it causes me a phobia thinking about maintaining it in Bangalore :):)
    Regarding the AC chillness, I don't usually switch on to full auto as the fan speed is noisy initially. In my old car (Beat) which is a manual AC, I just used to keep two points of the blower and it chills instantly. But in punto for semi auto settings, I've to increase it to above 4 units where the blower sound could be very much felt to feel the effect. May be I'm just too nit picky ;)

Thanks a lot @VIJENDRA SINGH and @Rama .
  8. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last night, after a long time I got to drive a good 80kms in the ORR Bangalore and noticed that the car is more quicker now. I'm not sure if its because of the Shell diesel( normal) or that the engine is opening up after 1500 kms, but it was responding instantly and felt like a raging bull. Probably the car wanted to flex itself after all the slow traffic runs :)
  9. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats @Dinesh Kumar . On pocket rocket. Good choice of famed Italian red color. Have Many more happy miles keep updating.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Shell diesel does increase the peppiness of the MJD. I have got by tank full of shell only the second time and am happy with it so not changing as of now. But I have heard that even the normal shell contains additives which goes against what's written in the manual.
    Dinesh Kumar likes this.