1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Road 3.jpg As mentioned earlier had an opportunity to take the car on the highway over the weekend , the drive covered above 900KM and I captured my observations below.

Important note : All the pictures posted below are either taken when Iam not driving or when the car is standing still.

Observations

1) Excellent breaking which came handy in a couple of ocassions thanks to the various domestic animals who prefer to take a stroll on the open highways at thier will & wish.
    2) The drive was pleasent & none felt tired after the 7 hour drive one way.
    3) Awesome is a very small word for the suspension setup.
    4) Very evident turbo lag and downshift is must for those quick overtaking manuvers.
    5) Did not cross the 2.5k RPM mark as per my preset run in period hence I would not be able to comment on the ride & handling post this range (which is known to be a bliss).
    6) The effectiveness of the aircon definetely improved after I bought those magnetic sun shades , it for sure a "paisa vasool" factor on the spend.
    7) The feel of the steering all through the drive confirmed the point that the Hydralic steering is undoubtdly superior than the electronic steering.

Average fuel consumption after the first 230 KM

230 KM.jpg

230 KM ACA 23.9.jpg

On the way the car completed the 1000 KM & 1500 mark.A customary picture was taken, please note the instant consumption showing the max 50KMPL

1000KM.jpg

1500 KM mark & ACA

1500 KM.jpg

The car getting some rest when we took a break for lunch.

Road Sideprofile.jpg

Some pictures from the drive.

Road 5.jpg

Road6.jpg

Road2.jpg

@ the 99 KM Milestone from Hyderabad.

Road 99 Long.jpg

The blissfull roads continued throughout the run and made the drive truely enjoyable.

Road1.jpg

We maintained pace with peace and most of the time curised at 90KMPH a shade slightly under the 2500 RPM mark. Check the IC which hovered constantly above 20 kmpl due to the sedate driving style.

PP2.jpg

A random picture

Road Blinker.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    asimpleson, bharath, 5u3zEr0 and 9 others like this.
  2. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    On my way back from work today I had a chance to drive the Ford Figo. The car no doubt has better city driveability when compared to my Linea.However the suspension, noise insulation, nvh levels is where FIAT scores way beyond FORD.
    Of course I know Iam not comparing apples to apples in the next set where I would like to compare the seats however Iam unable to resist the comparison where the seating in Linea is far beyond the comfort levels that FIGO has to offer.
    The speakers in both the cars are more or less the same. While I liked the short travel of the clutch in Figo better however the smoothness of the clutch in the Linea is way beyond.
    Figo is a smaller & lighter car with a bigger heart unlike the Linea which is exactly the opposite and hence the FIGO felt a lot more responsive to the acceleration and the turbo lag was more manageable.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Surprising to see that tank full method FE is higher than MID. Do you top-up or leave it at auto cut-off?
    Also, good to see that you are enjoying the car.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and PradeepM like this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes I agree. I always use the auto cutoff option when refueling. I would be updating the the recent calculations shortly however on a high level view seems the manual calculation is again a shade slightly higher than the mid, may be something that Iam not doing right .

Also here is the best and worst FE averages and for sure Iam loving every minute I spend with the car.

uploadfromtaptalk1426049894626.png
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Updates on refill below , somehow I still see that the manual full tank to full tank (auto cut off ) method is giving me a silightly higher number than the MID. Anyways the average is still looking pretty pleasing and I will keep updating the stats.

FE.jpg
    Most probably there would be another 100KM run outside the city coming up this weekend and Iam looking forward for it.

Pic.JPG
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pictures from your trip @PradeepM ! And some great mileage figures there too!
    PradeepM and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Went to Ankitha motors today to get the wiper fluid leak checked. As suspected it was the drian pipe which was not fixed properly. It was a 2 min job , the pipe was properly fitted and they were curtoeous to fill the tank with the fluid as well.No charges were applied for this job.I also met the service manager and spoke to him for a few minutes in general and moved on.

A few pictures clicked recently with another Linea which belongs to a fellow forum member Jayadev (JD) :) .

Linea & Linea2.jpg

Linea& Linea1.jpg

Linea&Linea3.jpg
    asimpleson, bharath, varunrtr and 7 others like this.
  8. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The car has hit the 2000KM mark yesterday on a 100+ km (two way) drive to Shamirpet. A couple of pictures taken to mark the occasion.

2000KM Car.jpg

2000KM MID.jpg

The updated FE chart after the refill today, again the numbers calculated in full tank to full tank method are higher than the MID. The numbers highlighted in light blue cells are from the highway run.

$410E16975F1A1AE.jpg

I have attached some pictures taken today just after the refill, to showcase the trip reading and the ACA numbers. You can check the above chart where the calculation for 16-March shows 16.9 kmpl, however the MID in the picture below shows 16.4 kmpl.

ACA 2112 MID.jpg

Trip 2112.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I received a feedback call from FIAT asking me to rate my experience with the customer care and the dealer on a scale of 1-10. Overall I had a good experience and hence rated most of the parameters as 9, except one where I rated them as 7 when I was asked about the time taken for the delivery of my car. FIAT seems to be making some effort to give some feel good factor to the customers .