1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes , I got the same feedback from krishna as well :).

I have always used the auto cut off krishna , anyways there is no major difference as you folks pointed out between MID and the manual calculation.

Absolutely understandable , FE is all about the driving style which everyone would agree without a debate. The primary reason I wanted to highlight FE is to showcase to the readers that you need not comprise on FE when you go for a FIAT (which seems to be a one of the perceived notion).

On one side they can check N Kiran's thread to see how much of a beast can the car be when unleashed & they can get the other side (FE) from my thread as Iam pretty sedate driver and I love driving that way :).
    prabhjot and Dr. Fixated like this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM . Well I disagree that the MID shows the correct FE. I use an Andriod App to keep all records regarding my car and I find that the deviation is usually between 0.5-1 km/l with the Fiat MID being more generous. I could have thought this as one off but I compare the readings using full tank method and MID for each and every refill till date and I see that the Fiat MID is generous by the range that I ahve already mentioned. So we can assume that there is a slight error as far as speedo is concerned. Secondly tankfull method will always be more acccurate.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice Review @PradeepM with Pics.Loved it.

FIATS are more enjoyed on highways than in city.
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you mate :)
    Yes , looks like the car will have its first highway run over the coming weekend. Iam desperately looking forward for the next Saturday.

A few clicks with the hottest selling car in the segment.Opinions are strictly subjective :)

Linea Vs HC 2.jpg

Linea vs HC.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Today I received a cheque towards the full refund of the booking amount I paid to Butta.
    I was a little worried about the refund however there was no much fuss and the cheque was handed over after a few follow up's.
    I downloaded the mycar app and started maintaining the data as some of the forum members. The app does look good and I would provide more feedback on the app after I get some hands on experience.
    The odo stands a little above 750 KM. Iam planning to goto the RTO office in Patancheru on Monday and submit the documentation for the vehicle registration.
    The highway run over the coming Saturday is almost finalized , this drive would have the car's ODO switching to 4 digits :).
  6. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ... Last week i have travelled from VJA -HYD ..my Linea gave 19.5 kmpl with 100-110 km/h ... while return 17.5 with 120-130km/h.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The first highway run is finally happening. Just got a tank up, and got the air checked.At home I took a quick look at all the oil levels and when I was topping up the wiper fluid noticed that all the water that I was pouring in was draining out.Possibly there is a crank in that compartment or if there is any drain vent that obviously is not properly sealed.
    Anyways not a major concern and I will get this addressed on Monday.

My Dad is at the wheel and he is cruising at 90kmph while iam typing this update. The 100 kmph beep sounded twice so far a nice little feature .
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Good ol' Fiat looks solid as a rock even in this picture !
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yesterday I got another fuel refill , suprsingly even the second time I found the manually calculated numbers a shade higher than the MID values.The FE numbers below are post 100% city driving.

15.8 ACA.jpg

FE - 16.4 on manual calculation full tank to full tank method.

Capture2.JPG

The above refill was just before the highway run and I would be updating the full stats and the experience of the long drive at the earliest.
  10. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet

Nice to hear

And also nice calculations
    PradeepM likes this.