1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    It was a pleasure interacting with you mate.

To remove the air filter on the Punto and Linea is quite easy. All you need is a 7 size spanner and you should not take more than 10-15 mins to clean it.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and PradeepM like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Some well thought features by FIAT - these might be small things but they really put a smile on your face.

1) Automatic fuel supply cut-off during accidents.
    2) The delayed swipe of the front wiper,when you spray water to clean the glass the wipers come into action and wipe the glass for about 4 times & then after 6 seconds delay it gives 1 more wipe to wipe residual water coming down on windshield.
    3) Follow Me home head lights.
    4) If you unlock the doors using the remote control & you did not open the door, after 30 seconds, doors will be re-locked automatically.
    5) You can't get locked out. If you insert the key and close the door or come out after a trip and forget to remove the key, doors will not be locked automatically.
    6) The HU has a speed sensing volume feature which you can activate/ deactivate. Once you activate, the music volume rises with speed & reduces at lower speed.This is an excellent & useful feature.
    7) Automatic door locking when the speed exceeds 20 kmph.
    8) You cannot change settings in MID when you are driving – A safety feature.
    9) Headlights turn off when you remove the key from the ignition.
    10) Multi-information display tells you exactly which door is open.
    11) Mechanism to prevent airlock when the fuel goes empty. The car stops with 3 liters of fuel still remaining in tank which will be in accessible. So when you refill again your car is back to normal unlike other cars where the airlock has to be released.This feature is both an advantage and disadvantage IMO.
    12) If you leave the interior cabin lights ON by mistake and lock the car , it will automatically switch off all cabin lights after 20 min and would save your battery from discharging.
    13) When you open the boot, on the right hand side, inside on the body wall, there is a small string with aloop at the end, hanging out. In case something happens to the mechanical assembly/ lever to open the fuel tank opening for fueling & you can't open it, pull this string & the fuel lid will be released.

Emergency Fuel Lid release.JPG

14) The stock HU starts tuning to a newer station if it senses the FM radio signal is weak.
    15) Illumination control for instrument cluster.

All these add more quotient to the car and elevates the thought you get much more than what you pay for :) and for sure Iam Loving it.

Flowers.jpg
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    These all are very nifty features and I felt the same when i figured out these @PradeepM . These simply increase the value for money quotient !
    Prashant Teki and PradeepM like this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Undoubtedly true .

Let me get hold of the spanner first as Hyderabad is pretty dusty and keeping a regular check on the air filter is important in these conditions.
  5. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM. The FM auto tuning can be irritating for two reasons.

1. The antenna in the Linea is nothing to write home about. Invariably the signals tend to go weak when you are under a huge treee or other interference.

2. It tunes quite weirdly not in the frequency increasing order. If you have to get back to the same station you will have do it all over again.

I have simply disabled this feature.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The car completed 500 km today. I took it for a 50 km run as well on the ring road and had the rpm needle stand at 2k which had the speedometer settling at 80 kmph.

uploadfromtaptalk1425138963821.jpg

Post the 50 km pleasant run the ACA numbers improved to a good extent.
    Odo showing 623km when I parked the car for the day.

uploadfromtaptalk1425138890239.jpg

The reason I wanted to share the aca details is to show that a car which is strongly built can still return decent FE .
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Had the first refill today after the tankup last week.As usual I went to my regular fuel station and used the auto cut off.The figures that translated planted a smile on my face for a while. The actual numbers are slightly (0.3kmpl) greater than the number flashed on the MID.

Capture.JPG
    IMO FE close to 16 KMPL is an amazing number for the car , and let me see if I can sustain these numbers on the longer run. Hopefully this will help the folks planning to buy a FIAT but skeptical about the FE :).

Driving conditions split as of today.

Capture2.JPG
    MID display just after the refill.

15.9 KMPL.jpg
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Fiat's fuel computer is Damn accurate. I rarely use tank full to tank full method :)

Mjd is capable of this and more ; give her more time.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. nkrishnap

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM. Thats a good start on the FE front. Are you filling till auto cut off or to the brim. I follow the brim method. Reason is the auto cut off varies with each dispenser, though it will average out over time.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM. Great FE for a FIAT which has done less that 1 K even. My Punto 90 HP has returned a paltry average of 15 km/l in its 9 months lifetime. Well its a altogether different story that I love revving my car beyond 4 K rpms. And the able chassis and suspension of FIAT pleads me to push the car to limits. I would love to have a little more control and get better FE out of my car. The best control I have had was between HYD-VJW where I got a mileage of 20.3 km/l. It was my most boring drive till date and I do not think I can ever drive like that again.
    PradeepM likes this.