1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Abhishek.
    Well we all know the fact that Fiat is bad at marketing their excellent value for money product without an iota of compromise on quality,safety along with a shade greater bells & whistles on the dash when compared to competition.
    Hence we who appreciate this approach from Fiat try to put forward these valid points on forums so that people who ignore this brand totally start giving it a serious thought ( I myself am an example ).
    If they can manage to mate this heavy build with a much better drivable heart and plonk the right marketing strategy they can gain much better numbers on sales charts as well .
  2. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Phew !!! The car got its first scratch today. A self presumed rally driver at the handle bar of an auto rickshaw was the reason for the minor mishap.
    Sigh !! Life goes on and as usual after a couple of more bruises from some of those thousands of impatient maniacs on the roads , eventually we all get used to it. .

uploadfromtaptalk1424836966012.jpg
    prabhjot and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Delightful experience with FIAT Customer care.

I had to wait long for the car as Butta had some internal issues which were not getting cleared and eventually the car was not being allotted to them.The delay from their side made me compromise on my initial color choice pearl white as they ran out of stock.This frustrated me to a point that I wanted to step away from FIAT.
    A million thanks to our mod - Krishna who stepped in and guided me in the right direction & sent me to AV motors.Jagan from AV Motors was our first point of contact and I can vouch that this person definitely has good customer service skills.He kept me informed throughout the various stages and gave me proper updates unlike the previous experience with another dealer.
    Eventually even after placing the order FIAT did not allot / assign the car to the dealership for reasons unknown which made me restless.I sent an email to FIAT customer care explaining the situation and I promptly received a call from Pune and Sourav was the representative. He heard my concern & assured me that he would check with the regional sales manager as to why FIAT was delaying the dispatch of the car.
    After a few days I received the call again and Sourav gave me a confirmation that the car would be dispatched shortly.Subsequently I received a call from AV Motors and their GM Naveen was personally involved and they finally managed to get the car loaded to be shipped.This happened on Saturday 14-Feb & the vehicle reached the stockyard on 16-Feb Monday.That same day around 9 AM I got a call from Jagan ,he took my convenient time for a full PDI and fixed the slot.Around 11 AM the same day I got a call from Sourav again and he informed me that the vehicle reached Hyderabad and the dealer would get in touch with me , to which I answered that I already received the call from AV Motors with the update.
    The following Thursday 19 Feb was agreed as the delivery date and to my surprise I received another call at 3 PM from Sourav again. On the call he mentioned that AV motors informed FIAT that the car is being delivered that day and he called to confirm the same and checked if the formalities were completed to my satisfaction.
    At the end of the call he requested me if they can close the ticket they opened for this concern for which I readily agreed.
    I should admit the whole experience with AV motors & FIAT themselves stepping in to monitor the delivery of my car was a undoubtedly a pleasant surprise , specially when you hear a lot of bad stories about the customer service @ FIAT.
    Good to see that FIAT is putting in effort to change the ill perception, kudos to them for the same.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  4. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    @PradeepM , oops I am surprised now..Does the new Linea dynamic has been offered airbags ? I remember the prefacelift Linea dynamic didnt have airbags.I fear that my brain has been completely washed out these days:banghead:.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely mate , the dynamic does come with 2 Air bags. In fact the dynamic has every safety feature that the emotion has on board :happy:.

Safety Features1.jpg
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The car completed 400 KM in exactly a week.

400KM.jpg

Initial experience after driving for around 380KM ( ODO was approx 20 when I took the delivery).

What I like

1) Ride quality , pot holes are gobbled with so much of ease
    2) Butter smooth clutch which does not sprain your left foot post that drive in heavy traffic.
    3) I got used to Blue & Me and it is working pretty well. It is able to understand 90% of the commands with ocassional misses in the phone area where it wants to dial a different person and not the name I call out.
    4) Instant fuel consumption option, I have my MID always on this setting and Iam trying to practise driving in an economical mode.
    5) The looks of the car enhansed after I got those magnetic shades.
    6) The parking sensors work pretty well.
    7) I have been using the auto headlamp option and it works as expected when ever I enter my office parking space.

What I do not like

1) The evident lag in the lower range.
    2) Somehow Iam still not convinced by the orange lighting on the dials & dashboard.
    3) The interiors are too light and a pain to keep them clean
    4) The rear AC should have been provided with a close button as it is not of any use when I travel alone everyday to work.I have a habit of keeping the vents on the passenger side closed.

Issues Identified

The right rear passenger seat belt is not locking in a proper fashion.Thankfully everyone at home is used to seat belts even in the rear and hence this for me is a priority. Iam planning to get it fixed on a short visit to FASS.Other than the this I have not found any other concerns at this point of time.

Iam getting an average fuel consumption of 14+ kmpl (100% AC & in complete city traffic) which is decenet in my opinion for a 400km run car.I plan to tank up this weekend again and I will update the actual figures then.

400KM ACA.jpg

The beauty basking in the early morning sun.

400 KM Update.JPG
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    @PradeepM

Let the engine have its running in period after which you will not be able to notice the turbo lag. Your mileage will improve gradually.

I keep driving my friend's 2009 Punto Epack+ which clocked 112000+ on the odo. Initially, the car was struggling once it breached 30k the engine started showing its potential and after every 10k there is improvement in power, now after the timing chain replacement the car is smooth and powerful with a mileage ranging between 19 and 23 kmpl.

Be patient till the running in period is over after which you can experience the full potential.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you. Iam not too concerned about mileage however I will definitely look forward for the lag to minimize as the numbers on the odo increase. The same point was mentioned earlier on this thread by bharath. This is definitely reassuring as I hear the same from two folks who have experience with the FIAT MJD's :)
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Pradeep, Congrats getting the Linea home.

Try this before you head to FASS for the seat belts. Swap the locks and see if it locks. My gut feel it should. Then it's a matter of swapping the seat belt locks in their positions.

14 kmpl with AC in city is quite good for a brand new engine. This will only improve as the kms pile on the Odo. Keep an eye on the air filter, a clogged air filter can reduce the mileage quite significantly.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for making this happen :).

I tried this alternative and it works , thanks again.

I too felt the same after seeing the MID numbers on avg fuel consumption.Unfortunately the air filter on this car is not easily accessible unlike the one's on my previous cars. I just had to unclip the box take the filter out , dust it and place it back - flat 5 min job.
    Please let me know if there is an easier way to access the filer on the Linea rather than unscrewing the plastic casing over the engine.