1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    These are the current quotes I have received for my car. All the quotes are for NIL depreciation. Iam considering only these 4 vendors as they have cashless tie up with FASC in Hyderabad.

1) Future Genarali - IDV 5.33L, Quote - 21,500/- (No of Nil Dep Claims - 2, no key replacement raider, no RSA)
    2) Royal Sundaram - IDV 7.56L, Quote - 19,500/- (No of Nil Dep Claims unlimited, key replacement, RSA is being offered as complimentary)
    3) HDFC Ergo - IDV 7.56L, Quote - 19,900/- (No of Nil Dep Claims unlimited, no key replacement raider, no RSA)
    4) Liberty Videocon - Quote awaited (Submitted an online query last week and called their help desk they said someone would call me back and I am still waiting)

* Key replacement raider is costing Rs150/-, this is a small amount considering Rs 5000/- I may need to shell out in case incase I loose the key.

Iam seriously failing to understand the rules FG plays by with, the first insurance (which was complimentary) was from FG and last year when I checked with them for renewal they shooed me off with a similar higher quote. That is when I landed with RS where I managed to get the best deal.
    With ample time available, lets see where I end up this year in regards to insurance.

Dont worry, its absolutely fine.
    Lets see if the discussion is getting more deeper we can definitely move the posts to the insurance thread where many other readers would be benefited.

cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  2. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    But FG are well known and well organised too for tension free claims. One of my friend did a claim for his lodgy using FG for over 1.5 lakh and he says that the experience was completely hassle free. He said he will persist with them.

PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  3. Prashant Teki

Prashant Teki Amatore

Delhi NCR
    Linea 1.3
    Hello,

You can consider HDFC Agro, I got it this time and they have tie ups with most of the FIAT centers. FG is having some issues giving renewal, I had FC for two years so thought of sticking to the same company but they seem to have turned their back on FIAT.

Would recommend HDFC Agro.

PradeepM likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR : Even I have had flawless experience with FG till now.
    @Prashant Teki : Thats some news man. I thought FG was in good terms with Fiat.

5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR During the floods one friend from my office got his car repaired where the bill amount was more than 3 lakh. Its a one year old car. But people who wanted to claim total loss were discouraged to do so by quoting lesser amount than the IDV. However this could be because so many claims were made during that time and under normal circumstances if someone claims total loss it could be different.

PradeepM likes this.
  6. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @PradeepM, I have personal experiences with both future generali and royal sundaram. As in 2015, I had made a claim for my erstwhile Figo after returning from a road trip to goa. The estimate given to me was Rs.35,000 and mine being a zero dep, I paid nothing and they were good to deal with and immediately accepted my claim. Whereas with RS, it was in 2013 when my Ertiga was just under an year old, the claim amount was Rs.30,000/- and they also settled the claim without any hassles. Both of them are very good but FG being a much reputed than RS, I would prefer them but since RS quotes less with better IDV, it is better to go with them. BTW can I suggest you to look even for policies from Bharathi AXA as their quotes are also less and value for money.

PradeepM likes this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Update on Insurance Renewal

Current Vendor : Royal Sundaram.
    Insurance expiry date : 23-Feb-2017

After a month long search the Insurance vendor is finalized and I paid the amount today. Prices have certainly gone up this financial year and I ended up paying close to Rs 1000/- more this year in-spite of having an NCB of 25%.

Best quotations received from Vendors.

Capture.JPG

I have decided to continue with RS this year too (you can see the reason why from the chart). They managed to give me the best deal after some pestering from my end. They threw an initial quote of around Rs 21,000/- and finally budged close to Rs 19,000/-.
    The advantage that I had was the time, as I was in no hurry and I started my search way early so that I can negotiate hard and get the best price as per current market rates.

The car would be completing 2 years on 19-Feb 2017 and I will be putting up a detailed report shortly.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Dr. Fixated, Turbothinghy and KPR like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @PradeepM

Was the IDV correct for which the quotes were asked for? Why would you want key replacement add on cover? Instead I would have suggested to opt for NCB protection add on cover. In case you had claims, your next year NCB would not have been affected. RSA is anyways provided by Fiat.

RS is spoiling customers with unlimited zero dep claims, that's their trump card I guess.

PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello godhlur,

Yes, no changes in IDV was attained and I have stuck to what the vendors have provided and there was no modification from my side this time.

Well in case the key is lost then I need to shell out Rs 4500/- approximately so i though adding Rs 180/- is no big harm.

I did the calculation on NCB protection cover, it works best when we have NCB >35% or 50%. In my case NCB protection was costing an addition of Rs 3500/- and worst case scenario in case I claim I am loosing my NCB of Rs 3200/- So technically to save this amount I would have spent more, but yes we definitely should have NCB protector when we hit 35% or more as it helps from there on where the customer would have an edge in the benefit.

I cross checked and FASC is not providing free RSA, this is charged by them.

There are a few other vendors as well giving the option. I personally don't think it would result in any irresponsible driving as last thing people want is end up in an accident and then enter into a chaos state at FASC, its always good to have as we never know when we have a bad day / days.

The difference is approx Rs 450/- between the lowest quote I have received and RS that I opted for, which I felt is a very less amount that I paid for the comfort of cashless transaction.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    drknaresh likes this.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Pradeep,
    For key replacement, you could claim through Insurance using zero dep add on cover.

I dont think NCB protection add on cover costs that much, should be again the range of Rs 200-300. Are you sure about that cost? Let me have a check on that from my side.

Regarding RSA, I am pretty much sure about the free service from Fiat part. Recently about couple of months ago, my car was stuck in my office basement due to faulty fuel pump cable. I got free RSA from Fiat, who picked up from my office, dropped at the FASS free of cost. I had enquired with them multiple times of the cost and they said RSA is free.