1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    By the way, did I tell you guys that I got the tyre in question replaced, Yes it was free of cost .

View attachment 90680

Cheers,
    Pradeep.[/QUOTE]

@PradeepM , so the tyre with a slight bulge has been replaced by GY free of cost? They diagnosed it is normal if I remember. Good gesture from GY!

2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The IDV is the same as last year.

It was not that easy Sajji, Goodyear eventually agreed with lot push from the service center too. They were not able to explain why the steering wobbles only when the tire in question is at the front (there were no alloy bends). So some good amount of back and forth and eventually they agreed to replace.
    Would I choose Goodyear again? I have my doubts as of now.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Pradeep,
    How can the IDV be same as last year, it should depreciate as per the table. I think you should calculate the correct IDV first and then get the quotes.

The premium price increase is mainly due to increase in the TPL component and the service tax rates. Have you checked with which Insurance co does the workshop have a cashless tie up? Based on that get the quotes.

PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Mate,

Last year I have decreased the IDV value by 10% (RS has an option where we can increase or decrease the IDV by 20%), so this year the default value provided by RS is matching with the last year IDV. Iam planning to retain the same.

Thank you for highlighting the TPL component, I did not think in that perspective.
    I have a list of the vendors who have cashless tie ups with the FASC. Iam only checking with them and will opt for the best quote.

Cheers,
    pradeep.

5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM : Did you get a quote from Future Generali?

6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Even if the Insurer offers to increase or decrease the IDV, don't do it. Maintain the correct IDV. The Insurers generally use this loophole to play mischief in case of claims later. Ideally your IDV should decrease by 10% from last year's IDV.

PradeepM, amitshedha and carl_jhonson like this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy not yet, I have them on the list too along with Liberty Videocon as both have cashless with FASC.

This is a very useful advice. Thank you @ghodlur. Will be careful going forward.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

8. Deepak

Deepak Superiore

Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur how exactly this will affect? if we get higher IDV, it will be useful in total loss case right?
    I have got a quote of 18.4k for IDV 7.16 from RS. The premium might reduce a bit if i choose to lower the IDV in the range 6.5 to 6.8.
    Is there any benefit in keeping high IDV?

Turbothinghy and PradeepM like this.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    None whatsoever. During total loss the Insurance co will calculate the correct IDV and then work their way around. Remember, the correct IDV choosing decision is always with the customer. Insurance co can offer increased or decreased IDV and this is purely from the business point of view in terms of premium amount.

10. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur if that's the case is there anything wrong with companies like Chola decrease IDV and then quote a minimum premium? In case companies calculate correct IDV for total loss which means they should be in a position not only to bring over quoted IDV to nominal but also increase from under quoted IDV too. Does that happen? If there is no parity in even taking 10% from invoice prices too then what kind of financial rules does these different insurance companies are governed with? Total chaos.
    Friends having own/known experiences from last year's Chennai floods can show some light here. @carl_jhonson

@PradeepM Sorry for the OT in your thread.