1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    The random errors which you are getting is surely related to battery @PradeepM .
    Battery might be fine enough to crank and for other electronic stuff, but it will give these random error on ignition.
    My father used the car for around 8 months with these errors.
    I then replaced the battery earlier this year during my India vacation and fitted Amaron. It wa perfect then.

GANESH H and PradeepM like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Today morning I was greeted by a flat tyre on the Santro at home. I have put the newly acquired tool into action and the job was done with ease. I did not have time to work on the puncture, so will check on that and try to fix it in a day or two and if iam successful I will post the feedback here.

some pics

IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG

The release screw to lower the jack.

IMG_1225.JPG

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    19-Dec-2016.

Status on Tyre.

Received a call from the GoodYear engineer and to we agreed to meet at 2pm, reached the service center 10 min before the timeline.
    The inspection began and after a lot of checks, he said the Tyre is all normal and the very small air pocket highlighted is at a joint which is as expected .
    Not a convincing answer for me, FASC did mention earlier that there is a very less chance that GoodYear would honor the warranty.
    Not a convincing answer for me, FASC did mention earlier that there is a very less chance that GoodYear would honor the warranty.
    Anyways the Tyre is safe and can run for another 10k, so I will look to replace the set of all 4 with a brand which can offer unconditional warranty in the coming months. I will check for an alternative for this Tyre as well ( just to be safe and for my own mental peace) in case I have any highway runs.

IMG_1232.JPG

Status on the Battery.

Well, the car is less than 2 years old, and O usually never miss any of the free check up camps. I do get the battery checked / topped up and less than 2 years and with odo at 30k KM does show that the car runs on a regular basis.
    Even though the manufacturer warranty is just for 1 year from the date of delivery, since the car was properly serviced and it was within 2 years from date of delivery, FIAT offered me a goodwill warranty of 50%.
    Thanks to AV Motors who proactively followed up and for this done.
    Th main catch here as I was told is that the car is less than 2 years old and also the Battery was topped up regularly during the camp visits which these guys had a record of.
    The new battery was installed and this one comes with a 48 month warranty.

The old battery.

IMG_1229.JPG

New battery getting in place.

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1231.JPG

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @PradeepM

Was the battery replaced free of cost? What was wrong with the old battery, no juice left? I assume the Exide battery was maintenance free battery, why so frequent top ups?

PradeepM likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I was frequently getting ABS & EBD errors when cranking, the errors minimized however were not completely eliminated after the recent top up during the 3rd service. So we checked with FIAT (the invoice said good will warranty) and they provided a new battery @ 50% cost. The old battery did need topup's and had those caps to fill distilled water.

cheers,
    Pradeep.

ghodlur likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

:
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Regarding wobbling :- Didnt they swapped the tire to feel the wobble with rear tires ?
    if rear tires are good then put it in front and have wobble free steering, i know you can feel the wobble on your back portion of body when seated.

7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ Ganges Right, the tyres are already swapped and the wobbling has been fixed as updated earlier. Iam now checking to see how can I get the tyre replaced which is causing this issue. I have a few things Iam working on and I will update the thread with the feedback soon.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Ganges likes this.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The car did get a detailing session as planned. I was unable to make a video as I initially planned, however below are the steps I followed.

1) A through body wash with a PH neutral shampoo, you can pick anyone available in the market.

2) Post the drying of the excess water, I have clayed the car with Mothers Car clay to remove the rough spots and to have a cleaner, smoother surface.

3) Since the car only had very minor swirls no compounding was needed, however incase your car has deeper/ intense swirls do use compounds carefully (excessive compounding will damage clear coat).

4) I applied Menzerna FF 3000 polish which is an amazing product and addressed all the swirls on my car in just one round. Another punto which joined at later part of the day took a double round to get back into shape.

5) The wax I used was Collinite 845, I personally love this wax for this pic by lasting nature and ease of application.
    I did 2 coats of Collinite on the car with sufficient bonding time in between (waited for 3 hours between each coat.

The wash.

IMG_1239.JPG

My dear Grey shares space with 2 other white cars at home, the initial choice of the family on the Linea too was White, but had to pick Grey for reasons updated in the thread already, nevertheless Iam in love with this colour as it gleams and glitters .

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1247.JPG

Zoom on the pics below to see the clarity on the panels post the work.

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

I was joined by a fellow TFIan and we worked on his car too .

IMG_1248.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

By the way, did I tell you guys that I got the tyre in question replaced, Yes it was free of cost .

IMG_1291.JPG

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Saji Babu, asimpleson, KPR and 6 others like this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    With the Insurance renewal coming up at the end of Feb 2017, my search for the best deal has just begun.
    The current insurer is Royal Sundaram, and there were no claims from the last 2 years. The existing policy has Nil depreciation and I paid approximately 18,500/- last year for the renewal.
    This year the best quote I received from them is Rs 20,000/-, which is Rs 1500/- more than what I paid last year, in-spite of having a greater percentage of no claim bonus :).
    I have submitted a few inquiry's and waiting for the quotations from other vendors, I will take a call only in the second week of Feb, which will leave me very good room to think, evaluate and make the choice.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

ravikn, Turbothinghy and linea4me like this.
  10. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

Thane
    Linea 1.3
    1500 higher , hmmm, and how much of a difference in this IDV from previous?