1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Just couldn't resist sharing this pic,after the drizzle in the morning .
    Collinite 845 wax holding pretty good after 2 months, undoubtedly the best among what I have used till date.

IMG_1191.JPG

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pabhishek, Tamil, prabhjot and 5 others like this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @PradeepM

I think you should get the ceramic coating done. The water does not stay at all, just glides away.

How many coats of collinite did you apply to get this water beading? Did you apply after sealant application or after wash?

PradeepM likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM : Thats great to see. I use Formula 1 Carnauba wax and it gives a glossy finish. But I havent tested it on water as I have started waxing myself after the monsoons so I am yet to test the water beading.

PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Ghodlur,

Ceramic coating is way too expensive and I cannot afford it now, it was costing around 35k when I enquired.

This is 2 coats of Collinite alone, I did apply the sealant last year post which I did not do another round yet.
    The car has very very minor swirls here and there and Iam planning to take care of them in the following weekend.
    I hate swirls and I do ensure that damage is limited with the regular basic care. This is the first time in close to 2 years I would be correcting the paint to take care of the minor degree swirls.
    After the work I would do another through round of waxing and Sealent.
    I will post a few more pics when the work is done.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How do you plan to get rid of swirls? I've got in my RED

6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Esperto

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    +1. Even I have swirls on my Punto because of which I have stopped getting my car cleaned by the normal car cleaner guys who actually use the same cloth to clean a lot of cars. Using a polish/compund should decrease the amount of swirls, but one has to know properly how to apply the polish as it can damage the paint if not done in the right away.

I will also do a wash+polish+wax session next month.

@PradeepM : If possible can you please share the steps for polishing when you do your next session :)

7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,
    I will list out the steps, will check if someone can help with a small video as well.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM , Hi Pradeep, You have maintained the call well!
    Btw, could you please let me know which product did they use 1) to coat the battery terminals 2) Lubricating window channels and hinges?

Thanks,

PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Issue to be reported

I have been noticing excessive shaking of the steering wheel from the last 2 days. I am certain that this has to be something related to the wheel balancing which is causing the unwanted wobbling, eventually visible from the shaky steering.
    I will revisit FASC mostly tomorrow to get this addressed.

Saji,

I recall the lubricant used for the window channels and door hinges is something from 3M ( I did not see the name, saw the logo of 3M though). The spary used for the battery terminals Iam not sure, I will try to get the name when I visit them in a day or two.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    Saji Babu likes this.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Took some time today afternoon and went to FASC to get the wobbling issue checked.
    They immediately acknowledged the issue and started the work. It took approximately an hour to identify the exact reason and it turned out to be a bad tyre.
    The tyre developed a small air bubble and this was causing the wobble.
    The area was marked, and a complaint was raised with GoodYear to check what can be done. I may have to go back to FASC on Monday again when the technician from GoodYear would be present.
    Fingers crossed, hope they can give a replacement or an acceptable solution.

Also, the ABS failure error has been coming back, not as frequently as before but occasionally, this means I need to look towards battery replacement as well pretty soon. Let me check what can be done in this case.

Watch carefully the wheels are spinning in the below pic when on the hydraulic fork lift.

IMG_1206.JPG

The air bubble marked and highlighted so that it can be identified when the technician from GoodYear comes for inspection next week.

IMG_1207.JPG

I love the attention my car gets at AV Motors,
    That's the General Manager Service personally checking the tyre where the problem is.

IMG_1209.JPG

Let's see what unfolds next week, hoping for the best .

@ Sajibabu, the spray used for battery terminals is from WURTH.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.