1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    HI Pradeep,

Can you please share the details of
    1) Hydraulic Jack
    2) Electric Air Pump ( this is powered by the car power socket)
    3) Puncher repair kit.

I am planning to buy last two very soon and thinking about the first one.If you approve then I will go ahead.

Regards,
    Pervindra

2. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

Do you have any issue with the driver seat height adjustment.
    Me and many more new (new linea and evo) owners have this problem where the seat goes down automatically.

-Avi.

3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Even I have the same issue on my 2015 Linea. Also track change button changing source issue has started again after long time.

4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Pervinder,

Long time :).

I bought these online via an internal web page of the organization i work for in exchange to some reward points I had. but i saw we have similar products available on all popular eCommerce websites. The one I got has name tag Magnum. I am still having issues in uploading the pics here (issue with my computer), let me see if I can get the issue sorted out soon.

@linea4me and @avithe1 Yes, I too have the issue. FASC should change the screw which aids in the seat high adjustment is what I know. Let me check with them again on this. Also there is a distinct squeak from the driver seat when in the highest setting, as a workaround for this we need to have the setting one step below the highest setting.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Turbothinghy likes this.
  5. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for the update Pradeep. How is the performance of the kits you have bought specially air pump. Will it be possible for you to share the link for reference with price.

6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Pervinder,

Iam yet to use the pump, I will update the feedback as soon as I put it to use.

The product what I have is something very similar to this along with the box.

http://www.amazon.in/Autofurnish-Professional-Trolley-Hydraulic-Jack/dp/B00TO4L17Y?ie=UTF8&keywords=2 ton hydraulic jack&qid=1481171352&ref_=sr_1_1&s=automotive&sr=1-1

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

7. Inderpreet Bajwa

Inderpreet Bajwa Amatore

Amritsar, Punjab
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @PardeepM Sir.
    I need a suggestion in making my Linea look more polished and should hv a new like appeal.
    What are the necessary steps that I should take? Whether I should go for wax polish or compound ? Need an info regardin compound and wax basically...

@nkrishnap Sir ur suggestion is welcome too.

Thanks.

8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Sir,

Well depending on the current condition of the paint on your car, we can take a call accordingly.
    If there are no swirls and damage then a good wax session would help retain the shine and protect the paint.
    However if we have swirls we need to work with a compound (depending on the damage we can pick the abrasive quotient).
    I strongly advice to work with a compound only incase you have a good understanding on to work with it as if used in the wrong fashion we can end up further damaging the paint rather than correcting it.
    Please ensure that the surface is properly prepared before you work on it for better results.
    Wax, I would recommend Collinite 845 which is easy to apply and lasts pretty well.
    On the compounds and polishes I would hold the advice for now and let you first take a call on the requirement based on the current paint condition on you car.

PS : The master (nkrishnap) can step in with his thoughts as well .

On a different note, @pervinder I updated the pictures of the jack and the air pump in my earlier post, Kindly check.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    ravikn and Inderpreet Bajwa like this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    12-Dec-2016 - 3rd Free Service Update.

Odo reading : 29942 KM.

As planned I took the car for 3rd (Free) service. I was at the service center (AV Motors) by 845 AM way too early due to less than expected traffic, by 9AM the SA came by and the Job card was prepared.

Below are the list of issues that were reported
    • ABS & EBD Errors while cranking - check battery health.
    • Track change arrow button on steering controls changes source and not the track.
    • Driver side seat does not hold height adjusted position for a long time and gets reset automatically after a few weeks.
    • Fuel Cap does lock properly.
    Other Checks
    • Check for health of break pads.
    • Check for health of tires.
    • Wheel alignment & wheel balancing.
    Add On Services
    • AC cleaning (debatable) but I let it go as the SA was requesting heavily to get this done, I budged understanding that they need to make some money (no of cars being sold doesn't help biggrin.gif ), but I did highlight to him that this was unnecessary.
    Pre checks.

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1153.JPG

The work promptly began by 930AM. The wheels were removed and they were balanced first. I had a chat with the technician and he mentioned that the tyres look good for another 10-15K KM easily, I was happy to hear that (I know expecting 15K is too much), If they can hold well for another 8-10K as well the stock tires would have done their job by then and I would not at all feel bad in changing then.

Pictures of the Tyres (you can notice that one is comparatively new, as one of them was changed due to sidewall cut a few months back, updated in previous posts).

IMG_1154.JPG

IMG_1155.JPG

Wheels being balanced

IMG_1156.JPG

The next check was break pads, the SA said that break pads usually last for 25-28K KM and they will check and replace on need basis. I had a gut feeling that the break pads on my car would last longer as I know how I drive.
    As expected when the pads were checked the mechanic confirmed that they would easily last another 5000KM, I should admit I had a wide smile on my face when I heard his statement. So there goes the myth that Fiat break pads last less, as I commented earlier as well it all depends on how the car is driven, for the kind of breaking the car offers 35K KM life line is
    definitely pretty good. I will recheck after a few months and take a call during the next free service camp so that I can get some discounts as well.

IMG_1160.JPG

Moved on to check the battery, the distilled water was topped up and the voltmeter was connected to check. It was showing 12+V when on Ignition and 14+ V when on idle, so the heath looked fine. Tried cranking the engine a few times repeatedly and this time no error (ABS / EBD failures) was observed so I assume that the issue was with distilled water being dried up, however will observe closely over the coming weeks and will update here on the errors when cranking.

IMG_1163.JPG

@ Ignition

IMG_1172.JPG

@ Idle

IMG_1173.JPG

Terminals coated

IMG_1176.JPG

The regular service was swiftly carried and within no time the 4 filters (Air, Oil, Fuel and Pollen) were replaced, engine oil was changed, and rest of the fluids were topped up in quick succession.

Old AC Filter

IMG_1157.JPG

Old Air Filter

IMG_1165.JPG

Oil being changed

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1170.JPG

MJD without the plastic hood which was removed to allow easy access.

IMG_1162.JPG

Spares that were used.

IMG_1164.JPG

Wheel Alignment was done next. Report attached.

IMG_1185.JPG

We then moved on to checking the other issues reported, the fuel cap was slightly altered and it closes now without any fuss. There was some adjustment done to the driver seat need to check for a few weeks to confirm if the issue is addressed.

Next on the list was Blue and Me, thankfully the issue replicated, they said a proxy steering would fix the issue which they have performed using a computer and also the steering controls were thoroughly air blown to remove fine dust which may be causing the issue. A few quick tries did not reproduce the issue so I assume this is fixed for now. I have tried to change tracks multiple times on my way back and it worked fine, so far so good.

IMG_1179.JPG

smile.gif

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Steering controls being air cleaned.

IMG_1180.JPG

Few additional checks were done proactively by the FASC which gave a feel good factor, the door & window channels were thoroughly lubricated.

IMG_1175.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

The metal engine guard got a few adjustments to ensure it is in place and does its job as expected (this is a huge boon as highlighted multiple times).

IMG_1169.JPG

We went for a good long test run, and the car was at the wash area by 1215 PM. In the next 45 min the car was thoroughly washed, vacuumed, along with the polishing of tires, dashboard and other plastics.

IMG_1181.JPG

The bill was prepared and the Total Cost was: Rs 7757/-, I paid Rs 600/- extra for that unwanted AC cleaning as a good gesture towards FASC, so technically I would have only spent Rs 7000/- if this job would have been avoided.

IMG_1184.JPG

All in all a very good experience at the service center, the car is super smooth & silent. Close to 2 years and the car continues to plant a smile on my face and I definitely cherish the moments spent at the wheel View attachment 90473 .

A quick math (in general)

Total KM : 29,942.

First Service Cost : Rs 0/-

Second Service cost : Rs 6800/-

Thirst Service Cost : Rs 7800/-

Total spent : Rs 14600/-

Cost per KM - 0.48 Paise

As updated earlier as well, I did not get all the fluids (coolant, break oil, Power steering oil etc..,) changed as the car would only complete 24 months by end of Feb 2017. so I may have to spend around Rs 3500/- then.

My loving stead all set for another amazing year.

IMG_1183.JPG

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    ravikn, limraj, Saji Babu and 6 others like this.