1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Valid point mate, I didn't think about it.

Thank you .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    linea4me and V. K. Pasupathy like this.
  2. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its been a while I updated the thread.

I have observed two issues on my car.

1) When I change the song on from the steering controls, it changes the source and switches to radio and it's not because I am pressing the source button. This happens 7 out of 10 times.

2) I checked the engine oil levels and it's at mid point of the dipstick indicator.
    Odo is very close to 28k, so my MJD too is drinking oil.

When at 15k I got the car serviced the SC filled the oil slightly above the top indicator of the dipstick indicator, so considering that I guess the oil consumed may be around 500ml or something around just my guess.
    However I have not observed any excessive black smoke, no white smoke, no drop in pickup or drop in FE.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    prabhjot and linea4me like this.
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Same happening with the steering controls on my Linea emotion, July 2015 , but not in a condition to replicate it at FASS. Regarding oil I used to Change it at every 10000km.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Few points from my experience:
    1. This happened in my Punto too some three months back. The moment I try to change songs it will go into Aux/Radio. So I change songs from direct HU using left hand.
    2. Add / delete few songs in my Pen drive. So that once again the Pendrive is read by Blue&me.

The above issue never surfaced again as on date. I think it got settled on its own.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Firstly never let the service centers fill more than 3.2 liters engine oil come what may. This will only screw things up for you down the line.

Check the Oil sump, it may be leaking oil. the half point on dip stick wont be 500 ml. Its marginal and dont fret over it.

I suggest these 2 options

1. Change oil and oil filter at 7.5-8K kms if its primarily driven in city.
    2. Change oil filter at 10K kms with a 100-150 ml top up. This will atleast keep your oil in good condition. Our conditions ensure filter is almost clogged fully by 15K kms.

PS: Check oil level only when the engine is cold and parked on a flat surface.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    One possible issue could be a failed oil separator. Please check for oil in the hose from oil separator (a long rigid hose that comes from behind the left side of the engine) that is connected (after MAF sensor) to the hose from airfilter to Turbo. If oil is present in it, get the oil separator changed (a Rs. 249/- spare). If this is not the case then you have to look for turbo leaking oil, which can be checked by disconnecting the turbo - intercooler hose at intercooler end.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You folks for stepping in.

I checked and the engine oil showing a slight variation is nothing to worry at all and it's common.
    The manual too says there is a consumption of engine oil every 1000km. This is highlighted above by nkrishnap too.
    The steering mounted controls is what I need to deal with and I will get this checked in my next visit.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot and linea4me like this.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The third Free service is nearing and the odo is right now at 29,300KM. Iam planning to take the car to FASC on 12 Dec 2016.
    Below are the list of issues that I have been noting down to get them addressed in my visit scheduled in a couple of weeks.
    • Steering Control Source button (as reported above)
    • Check battery - I started getting air bag / ABS failure messages recently.
    • Slight squeak sound from the rear seat when riding in extremely horrible roads.
    My car would be completing 2 years only end of Feb 2017 and hence during this visit I plan to get only the regular service done. The plan to get all fluid change done as per the 2 year schedule would be planned again in Feb 2017. This way I will not advance the 2 year schedule, I will not feel the pinch on the pocket in one go, I will get to visit the FASC one more time in a space of 2-3 months and can get any minor issues surfacing addressed.

In the meanwhile, I have exchanged some gift points (from my organization) to get these useful things.

1) Hydraulic Jack
    2) Electric Air Pump ( this is powered by the car power socket)
    3) Puncher repair kit.

I will share the pics soon as Iam unable to upload them for some reason.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If not the battery then ask them to check the combination switch module for Airbag messages.As you said Airbag and ABS then chances are more to doubt on the battery.

Hydraulic jack i'm using is rated with 5 tonnes normally used for tavera category vehicles. I didn't felt safe with those small 1.5ton jack.
    how about the trolley type of hydraulic jack?
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for the advice Ganges.
    The one I got is trolley type - 2 ton Jack.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Ganges likes this.