1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM Thanks for the update. It may be related to individual's driving style? Instead of stomping on accelerator, I will drive sedate at those rpms and update again.
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  2. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Yes,carl_jhonson it is noticeable only if we drive sedately.
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @PradeepM ,

In one of your earlier post you reported :
    1) Arm rest Squeak.

What was done for this? Is it gone now?

I too experience this, I know its minor issue and can be neglected but when your car is making no other sound/rattle even this minor squeak feels irritating :D

Thanks in advance.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Mate,

They have tightened some screws I believe as the squeak is now gone. I usually stand by the car at the service center, however in that instance I had to leave it the entire day (24hrs) for interior cleaning as well, so I too am not sure what exactly was done.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    avithe1 likes this.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    General Update

The car has crossed 25,000 KM and I can definitely confirm that from that last 2-3k km the engine has become extremely smooth and the already silent MJD has further calmed down. You can literally feel the smoothness of the engine after the optimum temperature is achieved, the refinement is very evident both inside and outside the cabin. The car does make me happy with every drive.

Picture of the Odo taken this morning.

25555.jpg

My Linea went to AV Motors last weekend (10 Sep 2016) for the regular wheel alignment and rotation (5000km interval). I was at AV by 915 AM and as usual all the staff was in their daily huddle meet. In the next 10 min an SA walked to me and started preparing the job card.

List of things added to the job card from my side

1) Wheel Alignment and rotation.
    2) ECU Update. (Later it was found out that my car already has the latest version and doesn't need any further update)
    3) The number plate on the front had a loose rivet and was slightly dangling.
    4) Horn - As reported in a few posts earlier the one of the horn doesn't sound in rains.

Things proactively fixed by AV motors

1) Rear left door handle which was slightly loose (I did not even notice this)
    2) One of the tyre had a faulty valve pin (this was identified by the technician during wheel rotation and the pin was replaced)

Total Amount paid : Rs 550/- :) (WA and rotation)

The car was pulled into the drive way and a through under body check was done, I was there to ensure that everything was fine. Thanks to the heavy metal full engine guard, some nasty hits on the pot hole ridden roads of the city were all absorbed and no damage to any vital engine parts.

AV Path Way.jpg

General checks in progress.

Basic checks.jpg

Door handle getting fixed.

Door1.jpg

Door2.jpg

Number plate being fixed properly.

Number Plate.jpg

Wheel Alignment in progress.

Allignment.jpg

Horn being tested.

Horn Bad.jpg

It was confirmed after some testing that one of the horn was not working as expected and the faulty one was replaced without any hassel. Incase anyone wants to know what horn we have in our cars, its Hella.

Bad Horn

Horn Closeup.jpg

Engine bay neatly dressed

Engine dressed.jpg

The car was all ready by 1 PM. AV Motors had their Ganesh Visarjan that evening and they have organized lunch for all staff at the service center. I too was requested to join and I was more than happy to spend some time with the staff for Lunch. The food was delicious :).

Ganapathi Bappa

AV Bye.jpg

Few pictures at Lunch.

Lunch 1.jpg

Lunch staff.jpg

A little after 2 PM I departed from the service center and yet again they have delivered a very good experience for me. They did take time and address the smaller issues as like the number plate, door handle and the valve pin. Delighted :).

AV Bye 1.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM

As you have mentioned this is noticeable only when driven in a sedate manner. That too only when rpm climbs up from lower values to 1600 and above. If rpm drops from higher numbers to 1600 then did not notice this. It happens at 2k when climbing up a flyover or slope.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Why is it mentioned on Fiat website, mileage for Linea diesel as 20.5KMPL and for Punto Evo and Avventura 20.0KMPL. For Punto Pure it is 20.3KMPL
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That's the number they have under standard test conditions.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    I mean't how Linea has more mileage than others.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  10. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM The one word that came out of mouth on seeing the pics of your car is WOW
    PradeepM likes this.