1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. DineshKumar

DineshKumar Novizio

chennai
    chennai
    Punto Evo 1.2
    great pics Mr.Pradeep.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM, you have maintained your car absolutely fabulous. Your ownership thread shows true Fiat enthusiast's passion.
    PradeepM and DineshKumar like this.
  3. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Got the emission update released recently, the engine has become a bit refined. But a new problem has cropped in after the update. Whenever it is between 1500-2000RPM, there is kind of weird feel. Like we experience on non fuel injection type bikes and cars before warmup. Something like ...diesel is not arriving to the engine and also we can hear the engine tone difference, a kind of power missing feel. It is very evident when driving on hill stations. Also when cruise control set at 70KMPH....RPM needle hovering between 1500-1900. When showed this to FASS, they told it might be due to bad diesel. So they cleaned the diesel filter and the problem disappeared for a day. But the problem is still present even after changing multiple fuel station. It is present 95% of the drive. Anyone experienced the same issue.
    Also another change observed after the update was switching the AC on showing a bit load on the engine.
    Linea is now 1 year 1 month old. ODO at 22860KM. Oil change was done at 20,000km.
  4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @linea4me You are not alone. Same story with my car too. Happens at 70 - 80 kmph. I think it is the turbo kicking in and out causing this confusion and it is happening only after the ECU update. I replaced diesel filter during second service and after that too I am feeling this.
    linea4me likes this.
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Maybe then Fiat would release another ECU update to arrest this issue faced by you guys. @linea4me , why dont you start a separate thread on this, where people who have got their ECU updated can also pitch in with their inputs. I am yet to get the ECU update done on my 90 HP.
    linea4me and carl_jhonson like this.
  6. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    The Crm was saying that Fiat might have changed the EGR timing in the update. Not sure what's going on. On hilly road's it's really annoying.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Carl_johnson, did you get the update on your car too.
    Because I spoke to a few people and none have reported this issue after the ECU Update, I am Skeptical now to get this done .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Same here @PradeepM . Even I am feeling sceptical now to get it done.
  9. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    On positive side the update has made the Turbo pull very strong, it is now more thrilling. When using resume feature of cruise control the Turbo pull has no words to describe.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Folks,

Here is the information, I have been to the service center and guess what my car doesn't need any update and hence ECU was not flashed.

I have spoken to 4 owners since morning and everyone confirmed that they are very happy with the update and no issues at all with the same. Also I have share the earlier post and they confirmed that they do not have any such or similar issues with their cars.
    So I can now definitely confirm that there is no issue with the latest ECU update and which ever car is eligible for the same should get it done.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prabhjot likes this.