1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Dr. Fixated

Dr. Fixated Novizio

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Detailed and insightful writeup. Enjoy the ride!

Those outdoor pics look great. Near Gandipet?
    PradeepM and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you mate. Yes this is near Gandipet. It did take a little effort for those pictures, I had to get up at 5 am drive all the way and wait for the sunrise shots. The result was satisfying for someone like me who was using the SLR for the first time .

Thank you bharat.I hope the engine settles down after some more km on the odo as you pointed out..
    The Dynamic too comes with 2 air bags , abs , ebd and all the safety features that emotion has on board. As mentioned in my review safety is priority for me and I captured the pictures of both the airbags in page 1 .
    The reason I opted for dynamic was because Emotion was not available in the 2014 models, having said that the only difference between both the variants is leather seats, ambience light, rear sun curtain, cruise control & 16 inch alloys.
    Honestly in my opinion I would only miss the cruise control rest all are in the frills category which is not of much priority for me.
    bharath and Dr. Fixated like this.
  3. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats @pradeep M .. welcome to fiat family...
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks to the almost non existent roads for about 200 M near my home the tyres and alloys tend to get very dirty easily.

uploadfromtaptalk1424748461494.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424748484734.jpg

Took sometime today and gave the 10 spokes of each wheel a nice sponge wash. They are now glittering again .

uploadfromtaptalk1424748679711.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424748703148.jpg
    GANESH H, KPR, asimpleson and 5 others like this.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM . Fiat alloys get dirty earlier than most other cars especially front ones. That's because of the brake pads dust for discs. Due to the brilliant braking in Fiats the wear and tear for the pads is lot more than other cars. I own a Swift as well and it takes a lot more time for the alloys to get dirty. Check next time your front ones will be more dirtier than the back ones. Too much of washing and spongong is not good for paint. Get a car cover and clean the car not more tan once or twice a month.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes , I noticed that the front alloys had more dirt than the rear one's .Thanks for the explanation as I did not know this point.

Absolutely agreed :finger:.I just cleaned the alloys with plan water and sponge and did not wash the entire car for the same reason.
    Thankfully I have closed parking both at home and at work hence I did not find it practical to cover the car everyday after the run ( its more easy to use Jopasu :)).
    Jagan Mohan Reddy likes this.
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM Aha! Good that you get to drive your Fiat everyday.

My Punto gets to see the roads only on weekend and on our road trips.

And with this limited running it has 16 K on odo in just 9 months. Thats close to 2k per month

I am still a biker @ heart and leave behind the car @ home to be used by wifey.
    prabhjot and Jagan Mohan Reddy like this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Pradeep, it was great to read your prequel to buying the Linea, in the first post!

Pleased to read that you bought your car with your money and not borrowed money which technically does not make one, the complete owner of the car, I hope your tribe grows, in these times of the "EMI" and material "perceived" happiness.

The photo's and the car look good. As days go by, you will realise even more that you made a good decision by not buying the over hyped City! Take the Linea for a high speed drive over a winding stretch soon and you will discover more.

The brake dust on the wheels is normal it happens all the time in my car. Especailly the front wheels even though the Tjet has rear disc brakes but with smaller pads.
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and PradeepM like this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes , my run is close to 40+ KM per day and weekends like most of the folks is much more.I see that you still clocked good numbers with the limited run.Keep it going :).

Thank You Mate.

Iam looking forward to floor the car as well , however I decided to safely park the thought till the completion of the first service.
    Having said that Iam a very sedate driver and I very rarely drive in the pedal to metal fashion with occasional exceptions :happy:.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats @PradeepM for your new linea!!
    Great choice and an equally detailed picture log , you seemed to have shown all important pics for any prospective buyer.