1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Didn't you diagnose by self, was it really required ? my punto 1.3 75ps is at 1 lakh 86K Kms,not yet changed any of the above parts you mentioned.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Depends .. linea parts and pubto parts are diferent ..
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes ,its almost the same with cost too.
    About series of repairs you done might be due to failing of radiator fan resulted into cooling coil damage?
    Service centre might have found the coolant tank dark(turns if you mix excess distilled water) and might have gave you the wrong diagnosis.
  4. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Ganges :linea had two kinds of radiator fans.1.kale 2.behr .My linea comes with kale fan which are used in only some lineas not in puntos.and kale make are costlier than behr.And punto has a smaller hp compare to linea. Thats y service center will change timing chain at 60000 kms for linea but nt for punto.And above parts are same for both linea and punto. And above things identified by self not by service station.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM How about your plans for dashboard cam? Have you installed one? I would like to buy one for my RED.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @KPR, not yet mate. I have been looking for one and that is surely on my list of additions (very limited) that I prefer to add to my car. A friend has picked a mini 0806 recently and Iam waiting for him to find sometime to complete the installation and update his feedback. I also need to find a way to perform a clean install of the camera (by using a free line / fuse in the related box) as I would not prefer an dangling wires in the cabin :). I will keep this thread updated as soon as I have it installed.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    KPR likes this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    07-May-2016

A visit to FASC (AV Motors) to get the scheduled wheel balancing, wheel alignment & rotation done.

Start Time : 3:30 PM.
    End Time : 5:30 PM.

I pre booked the time slot in the morning. The job card was promptly opened and the I requested for a through checkup of under body and suspension as well just to rule out any issues post my recent trip to Maharashtra where some stretches of the road were bad.

Checks in progress.

On the Ramp.jpg

WA, WB & Rotation in progress.

Allignment.jpg

The car got the much needed wash after the highway trip (complimentary service).

Wash done.jpg

They have lubricated the door glass channels as well (complimentary service), this was a good gesture from FASC.

3M.jpg

Total Bill : Rs 940/- for WA & WB inclusive of taxes (which I felt is fine, as this included complete wash, the same would have costed me atleast Rs 400/- had I got it done else where)

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    pabhishek, avithe1, Saji Babu and 2 others like this.
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM , another good experience!
    What exactly they did for glass channels?
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Saji,

They sprayed the 3M lubricant in the grooves of all the 4 doors where ever the glass moves including the door pads and the frame.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Attaching the recent WA report, which I missed earlier.

IMG_20160512_090821.jpg
    Cheers,
    pradeep.
    linea4me and prabhjot like this.