1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. drknaresh

drknaresh Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    We bought this mat in bulk. 100 sft for total 5 cars ie 20 sft per car @ Rs 100 per sft. We could cut for only 4 cars, since we did not have the perfect sized templates and @PradeepM available on that day.
    PradeepM and vtlreja2 like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Its the first anniversary about a week back and the relation between the car and us is only growing stronger. The engine note has become very quite smoothed very much after the 15K service, this has just added more pleasantness to the already sweet ride.

Iam not going to get repetitive, instead will try to summarize things statistically

Total ODO reading : 17500KM

No of highway trips : 4

Hyderabad > Chirala > Hyderabad.

Hyderabad > Bangalore > Bandipur > Bangalore > Hyderabad.

Hyderabad > Shirdi > Hyderabad.

Hyderabad > Bangalore > Mysore > Coorg/Virajpet > Kannur > Bangalore > Hyderabad.

Total number of KM's on highways : 6700 KM (Approx)

Issues faced so far

1) Severe left pull - Fixed. However the pull is felt after a few thousand km's and an alignment correction / checkup fixes this issue.
    2) Driver door squeak - Fixed
    3) Fuel lid not closing properly - Fixed.
    4) Trip B Stuck - Fixed.
    4) Door Accunator - Iam yet to report this issue to FASC

At the start of my ownership I estimated the FE of the car to be 15KMPL for my cost projections, and as you can see the below stats the Average has been holding good at 16+KMPL. Stats and history below.

$697542B3CC73276D.jpg

After 17000+ KM & 1 year I confirm that the car is still tight and not a single rattle as expected.

Scars & Scratches

The car took a few scratches (all due to impatient drivers around as reported in earlier posts)
    There is a alloy chip off as well (completely my fault), I did some off-roading to save a few minutes & KM's and lesson learn't the hard way and I have been avoiding pathetic roads ever since then.

The car as usual is kept very tidy under all circumstances and the dusty conditions of Hyderabad doesn't help much, and demands some extra attention to have the ride shine always.

Driving position

Much has been said about the ergonomics of the car, however I did find a spot which does not give me any feeling of steering in the face or troubles reaching to the switches around. I used the height adjustment effectively to climb up and then adjusted the push back setting + the entire seat adjustment to find the needed comfortable position. I advice anyone who has found the driving position to be awkward to play around with all the three settings and the needed position could be found without any hassle.

The seats in this car are awesome, the cushioning, the width & the abundant under thigh support keeps you very comfortable in all circumstances. No offense but the seats in other cars in the same segment do feel malnourished in terms of the above 3 aspects to create the questionable leg & knee room.

Thick side bolstering & very good under thigh support.

seats-jpg.77556.jpg

Accessories added.

As mentioned earlier as well, Iam happy with the stock options already provided with the car and I did not see the need to spend too much on accessories. Below is the list of items purchased so far.

> 16 GB - Micro USB drive - Rs 600/-
    > Sun Shades - Rs 2500/-
    > EverReady charger - Rs 350/-
    > Floor mats (DIY) - Rs 2000/-
    > Total Spent - Rs 5450/-

The little USB which is hard to find nicely sits in the designated slot.

aux-usb-jpg.77560.jpg

Accessories planned.

>
    Dashboard Camera.

Things I don't like.

> The external plastic just below the wipers and the black masking on B pillar keeps getting very dull and needs constant attention to make it look better.
    Iam planning to get a black wrap done in these areas so that it would look neat all the times.

> The beige interiors are a royal pain to maintain. I have plans to get some darker seat covers however this may wait till next year as Iam in no hurry.

A few pictures from the memory lane.

First day when we met for the PDI.

All set for PDI.jpg

At the time of delivery.

Delivery.jpg

Chirala Trip.

road-99-long-jpg.77953.jpg

@ Bandipur

early-morning-forest-jpg.79101.jpg

Enroute Shiridi.

lunch-jpg.80684.jpg

@ Kannur

Drive Beach 2.jpg

The car undoubtedly puts a smile on my face every time I take it out. The Linea MJD as already known is not a road scorcher, however it definitely is a very comfortable cruiser, which keeps you comfortable economically as well (I will keep everyone updated on the services costs as well over the long post 3 years let us see if the stats can support my assumption, that it would be easy on the pocket too in terms of maintenance costs).
    As of now the maintenance / service cost is close to 50 paise per km (Rs 9000/- spent for 17,500Km) as mentioned in my earlier posts.

As said my many already, if you don't turn around to look at it after you park it, then you have bought the wrong one smile.gif .

End Pic.jpg

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  3. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Keep going Pradeep, I will be completing 1 year next month. Will call you to get the number for that RS insurance guy. Can you please post/show the sun shades you are using. I have changed 2-3 sets till now but still not comfortable.
    PradeepM likes this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Pervindra , please find the picture below. I paid at least Rs 1000/- more when compared to the shades available online, but Iam extremely happy with the fit and finish of the product.I have been using them from about an year now, and they get dusted and cleaned every fortnight.

uploadfromtaptalk1424689888758-jpg.77623.jpg

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    drknaresh likes this.
  5. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    where we can find this? I have ordered a similar one with magnets last year but fit and finish was not good, so returned it. Now using the one available at any signal :D
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I picked this set from Motominds, this is in Madhapur, very close to the famous Maharaja Chat Center. Iam attaching the address below.

Address: Door no 1-89/1/42, Kavuri Hills, 42, Sri Rama Colony, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500033
    Phone:077999 95522.
    The shades for Linea are not readily available (for all the known reasons :D) and we need to pre-order them. We can pick them in a day or two, they would call us on arrival of the order.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Congratulations Mr. @PradeepM,

nice and interesting writeup in a nutshell. Wishing you many more happy and pleasant memories along with safe drives.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @PradeepM

Congratulations on completing an year. 17.5K is quite a lot of running. Keep the miles crunching and drive safely.

BTW what is the issue with the Door actuator? Locking issues??
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You ghodlur. Correct the issue is that the door occasionally fails to auto-lock as soon as I cross 20kmph, the car makes that lock, unlock sound, instead of the firm lock sound (assured click). The only remedy for this is to pull the car aside, open the driver door and close it again, and this time when I cross 20kmph I get the assured click and the doors are secured. From fellow owners I was informed that this is covered under warranty and nothing to worry, its just that I need to find sometime and report this issue at FASC.

Thank you Mr Rao.

Iam still on the lookout for the slightest of opportunity to take the car onto the open highways for its first long trip in this year :).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful narration and write up on completing 1 year @PradeepM :)
    Congratulations!
    PradeepM likes this.