1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Nice DIY @PradeepM .

Instead of heating the rough edges, you should have used wax. The only issue with covering every nook and corner with mats is while removing them for dusting and fixing back. Although they look great when covering the floor completely.

How much did the mats cost you since you bought in bulk I guess?
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Bhai, no pain no gain :). But the work would be far less to clean these mats and more over they absorb the dirt so well.

The dent was minor, Rs 2000/- per car.

Cheers,
    Pradeep
    ghodlur likes this.
  3. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    VFM. Good.

But I have one issue with such mats (Noodle, 3M Nomad). Although they take care of the dirt well, they keep the dirt within the mats and if not dusted regularly can become a health issue. So many times I feel that the old fashioned rubber mats are the best. Atleast it will force you to clean the dust when you see it.
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Update on Insurance Renewal

Its been close to an year and so far so good with the car. The Insurance is due to expire on 23 Feb 2016, and I started shopping around from the 1st week of Feb. The current insurance is from Future Generali (this was provided as complimentary at the time of purchase).
    FG, does have some good reviews and the service centers here are comfortable with them. AV approached me for a renewal through them and they gave me a quotation from three vendors with whom they have tie ups with.

All the below quotes were with nil depreciation rider & the same IDV - 10% reduction from previous year IDV. Also there were no claims made during the policy period.

Future Generali : Rs 21,800/-, however number of nil dep claims is limited to 2.

Liberty Videocon : Rs 20,700/-, no limit on the number of nil dep claims.

Royal Sundaram : Rs 21,500/-, no limit on the number of nil dep claims.

Since I had ample time I informed them that I will get back and started shopping around. I fiddled around with all the popular websites and they for sure were giving me better deals however the IDV was being lowered to a huge extant which made me uncomfortable. Moreover I wanted to stick to any of these three vendors as the FASS was comfortable with them.

I checked the websites of the three vendors for online quotes and I got a call from RS when I was on thier website. The customer service personnel was on the call with me and guided me in filling the form and showed me the options I can play around with.
    I got the online quote as Rs 20,900/- with engine protector rider as well.
    Without the engine protector the quote was Rs 20,200/- (approx). I decided to add to engine protector as the difference is negligible.
    I informed the person on the call that I am ok with the quote and would pay sometime in the week. However since I had ample time I delayed the payment further.

On this Tuesday (16-02), I got a follow up call form the same person and was checking with me as the payment was not made. I said Iam still shopping around for a better price, at that moment he said he would check if he can do something, asked me a few questions and after a few minutes gave me the figure Rs 18,256/-.
    The number did excite me and I confirmed with him the below, to which he gave a positive response.

1) No change in the IDV (approx 7.8 L, my car is Dynamic variant) that I wanted.
    2) Nil depreciation rider added.
    3) Engine Protector rider added.
    4) No limit of number of nil dep claims.
    5) No voluntary deductible addition.

I was satisfied, he sent me a quote number via email and asked me to complete the payment online if Iam fine. He shared his desk and extension number so that I can talk directly in case needed. He also asked me to share a copy of my current insurance, a copy of RC along with the payment confirmation when ever I complete it.
    The best part was that all through the interaction he was never pushy and was not forcing me to complete the transaction at the minute or on the same day, which I really liked.

As the earlier confirmation (5 points) was done verbally, I sent an email to him asking to confirm the same in black and white, I received the response confirming the same :happy:.

The payment was done yesterday, and I shared the needed documents via email. I received an acknowledgement as well as a call confirming the receipt of the documents. I was informed earlier that the policy document would be generated and sent end of the subsequent day post payment. They sent me a document for verification of the details, I promptly checked the engine number, chassis number and all the rest of the details and confirmed that they were entered fine however they erred my DOB. A quick call to the person who was helping me and an email to them, he acknowledged that he would get it corrected and then send this copy for the policy generation.

So overall a very pleasant experience with Royal Sundaram and hopefully I would get soft copy of the policy document by the end of today.
    Iam happy that I started shopping way in advance and since I was in no hurry I managed to get a good deal from one of the reputed vendors in the market.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.

PS : 1 year update would follow soon.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Thanks Pradeep...As usual perfect due diligence from your side...which helps all of us also.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM ,

Useful info there. have to look around in April . I am with FG now but if they reduce nil dep numbers, I will go with RS or other
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Although it seems a good bait to offer unlimited claims under zero dep, it needs to be understood how this harms your Insurance premium calculation and in a way makes you lax about driving habits on roads. When an Insurance co settles claims, it adds to their bottom line. This means that they are spending more than their income and going forward to cover their losses, they will have to increase the premium cost. That's when we start to crib about high premium rates.

Imagine for 3K more in premium as zero dep add oncover, Insurance co ends up paying say approx 60K in claims settlement. To cover the difference of 57K, they have not other alternative but to increase add on cover cost from 3K to 5K may be. All hypothetical figures.

Sorry a wrong thread I guess to put in the thoughts but we need to be careful what we ask for.
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @PradeepM

Nice diy mate. Liked it and looking forward to do it soon

1 question, how much sq ft the material needed ?
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I get your point, which in one way holds true. We can always switch vendors to get the best deal incase someone decides to jack up thier premium rates. Also the individual driving the car is not every time at fault when there is an unfortunate accident and in case luck decides to part ways with us we might take a hit multiple times without any mistake from our side, so I personally feel that having a cover that will not restrict you on the number of nil dep claims is definitely helpful. Lax in driving habits I doubt if that would happen with sensible drivers, folks who are rude on roads will remain so irrespective of what insurance cover they have :D.

Sure Saji, in case you need help with RS do let me know.

You are welcome Srinivas.

Hello there,

I need to check on that mate. We bought the mat in bulk so not sure how many meters / Sq feet was bought (Dr Naresh bought it for us).

@drknaresh, kindly add the details on the mat.

Regards,
    Pradeep.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 29, 2016 ---
    BTW, I received the hardcopy of the Insurance last week and Iam pleasently suprised to see that they includes Road Side Assistance too for no additional charges :happy:
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  10. krish1484

krish1484 Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I am onto 3rd year of my Linea and except for the stock FG , last 2 years have been with RS. As Pradeep said their on the call customer support is good, they don't push you and do timely follow up. Quite happy with RS.
    PradeepM likes this.