1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy this is my driving style as well. I own Linea mjd emotion 2015 and get around 14 kmpl in city with ac in Pune. I encounter very little bumper to bumper traffic though. On highways I get around 18 kmpl with ac with some spirited driving.
    I am yet to achieve the 20kmpl figure in my highway drives. Maybe I might not with my driving style.
    @PradeepM, thanks for the tips. Will surely try out in the next few days.
    PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @nikhil0405 : Bro to get 20+ FE you will have to drive at steady speeds around 90-100 on 5th great. I once managed 21 for a highway stretch of 70 odd kms and was driving around 80-100 km/HR. But that was the first and last time I drove with that kind of patience. The mid range is too good to resist :D
    arun_josie, nikhil0405 and gpunto75 like this.
  3. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I drove some times 120-140 KMPH .. Still i used to get 17-18kmpl ..this was really shoking to me sometimes ... Drove last week linea elegante ... feels awesome road presence and the hold on road .. hav to plan ..to get it ..
    Tornado likes this.
  4. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    Last week when on the Bangalore - Kanyakumari highway, I got 21.5 Kmpl over 648 Kms. Speed maintained was 90-100 and you need loads of patience for this :).

You can check the below post for the speed graph during this 648Kms drive.

https://www.teamfiat.com/threads/un...jd-72-000-kms-up.12354/page-18#post-841953460[/user]
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Turbothinghy, @nikhil0405, @anulwithu good to see those FE numbers :). My sole intention in posting the FE charts of my car was to silence or rather the general talk that a FIAT (especially the Linea) is bad on FE.
    Now I see that many of us are able to achieve good numbers without compromising on quality and safety.

@arun_josie, my friend you are the poster boy of the Linea :).
    FIAT should not waste anymore time in the featuring you in one of those testimonial videos they create now and then.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. srinivas21

srinivas21 Timido

hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @PradeepM :Thanks for your insights and very useful guidelines...
    @rvkiran: Yes...The Range calculation seems to be based on last few KM ...on highway it is showing more Range ...where as in a bumper to bumper traffic it reduces drastically(again reflecting last few KM drive)
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    According to Jay Vijay Fiat showroom, Elegante is discontinued as of now, as it was an limited edition.
    But as per Krishna Fiat Satara, it can be made if ordered.
  8. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    The Elegante is nothing but the Linea MJD Dynamic variant, with 16inch Punto 90 HP alloys, body skirts and some stickers. Yes, not to forget the touch screen HU .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes Pradeep .. i agree its dynamic model of linea .. but with skirts ,stickers and matte black top it looks sporty ..
    gpunto75, prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    This has been long pending and finally this Saturday, I got the mats in place for the car. The roll was bought in bulk by a bunch of us about 7 months back and I finally managed to cut the mats for my car.
    Special thanks to my buddy Sai who spent time along with me in getting the mats in place.
    Iam very happy the way the area is covered, leaving no gap for anything to settle in the gaps, making the floor area look very tidy. We ensured that the wastage was minimal by spending slightly additional time and planning the templates well.

The previous mats were used to get a clean template however the size was altered to allow better coverage area.

Previous mats.jpg

With great care the mats were cut and we managed minimal wastage.

Minimal wastage.jpg

The rough edges were sealed properly with some heat.

Heat to edges.jpg

Driver side mat.

Driver.jpg

Passenger side mat.

Passenger.jpg

Rear seat floor covered.

Rear Seat.jpg

The process took about 3 hours but the final result was very satisfying smile.gif .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.