1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Saji,

You are bang on buddy. I changed the height of the driver seat (it was indeed in the highest position) before I started my drive back home last night and bingo the squeak vanished :happy:. I just lowered it by one step and the peaceful silence of the cabin is restored again. Thanks a ton for sharing the information with me.

Avithe,

Use the torque. I have mentioned a few times earlier as well how to gain more FE, the logic is simple my friend, don't open the throttle when you cant use the power generated (in traffic). No matter what gear we are in, open the throttle only to a needed extant and you will surely see the numbers moving up. Also do adapt coasting in gears down the flyovers, in neutral before halting at signals and where ever possible (all you need to do is remove your foot from the accelerator and let the car roll in appropriate gear).
    My driving style is pleasant & calm in my view, however can be definitely termed as boring in others perspective :).

Below is a small calculation that I have put in place which shows that the usable fuel in the 45 liter tank is approximately 42 liters.
    Kindly note that the calculations are based on the below numbers currently displayed on the mid of my car, and this should hold good from my experience as well (any corrections from more experienced folks, would be helpful too). I ensure that trip A is reset after every refill so that I can track the FE on regular basis.

Average FE as per MID.

ACA 18.jpg

Current trip A reading.

DISC A 582.2 .jpg

Range as per MID.

Range 172.jpg

The calculation.

calc.jpg

Cheers,
    pradeep.

PS: A small correction in the earlier posted FE chart, refill number 27 was on 2-Jan-2016 instead of (11-Jan) as captured in the chart. This would be corrected in the next relevant post.
    Turbothinghy, prabhjot, Anup and 3 others like this.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    This is amazing. Never thought of this reverse calculation. But then, now a new question pops up. When the MID is doing all these distance and FE related calculations, is it considering the tank capacity as 45 liters or not ? Some figure needs to be constant in all these calculations.
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very good question, and Iam not sure :).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    From my observation: For Range calculation, the car MID seems to use the average mileage for the 'recent few kms', rather than long-term FE. I'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic for 10 minutes or more, the Range shown by the MID automatically drops (even though it didn't make enough dent in the Average FE over 600 kms of Trip A). I have absolutely no clue, how the "Remaining fuel in the tank" is calculated.
  5. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    From what I have observed, the range blanks after a few km post the low fuel warning gets displayed on the mid and the yellow light starts to glow on the fuel gauge. However for sure the car can be driven around even with these warnings, so I would say that the MID takes 42L (approx) for its calculations.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  6. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3

@PradeepM , I tried your style of driving for my commute to home yesterday evening and to office today morning. Both peak hours.
    Your post struck me yesterday on the way home and I started moving mainly on changing gears and very little throttle , continued around 13 kms like that and got an average of 19 without AC (cooler at night). Today morning did the same for the whole 21 km commute, full traffic, full auto AC on 23 and got an average of 15.5.
    Usually I get an average of 11.5 to 13 with AC on. This is really great.
    Thanks for the tip.

For keeping logs , I am using this simple app Fuelio. The entries are safe in google drive/dropbox so even if I lose my phone I can get the backup.

Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-45-37.png

Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-45-56.png

Screenshot_2016-01-20-14-46-07.png
    drknaresh, Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Very good news buddy :happy:. If you are fine to continue with this sedate driving style, you are sure to improvise gradually on your regular runs and trust me its not at all a tough task to get the average of 16+ kmpl in city traffic too.
    Nice to see that you are tracking FE on regular basis, I too use an app (My Cars) something very similar. Do keep us posted after a few days if you see consistent improvement.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  8. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  9. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Hi all,

I have traveled last month from Chennai - Hyderabad maintaining 100 kmph got 20 km/l. (car odo 95k kms). And from Hyd to shirdi ,Nashik,Trimbak and back to Hyd and vja .Over all i got 19 kmpl. So for me mileage never be a problem and i got impressed the mileage iam getting. last week i have been traveled to Bangalore from Chennai and got 19 km pl.
    In this month i have covered max of 9000kms on highways.The mileage figures are awesome.
    varunrtr, Murphy_Fiat and PradeepM like this.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM : You seem to be getting out the most from FE stand point :D For the past 3-4k kms (current ODO @14.7 k kms) I have been driving on higher RPMS with a heavy foot and though the FE has taken a beating, the mid-range punch feels far more rewarding. And even with this kind of driving style I manage 13-15 km/ltr in Pune city and 16-17 km/ltr on highways which isnt bad at all IMO.

The best outcome of this kind of driving is that the turbo lag effect has reduced considerably and the car feels very peppy.
    nikhil0405 and PradeepM like this.