1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @anilwithu Well what you have mentioned is mostly correct but with the caveat depending on what type of roads you are driving on.

My GP 90 HP is nearing the 30 K mark and Usually before any long road trip or every 5K which ever is earlier I take it to FASS and pay 500 odd to get a through check up done for the whole car. And I stick to 10 K for rotation, WB and WA. Last 2 times when I got the WB done I saw that at least 3 out of the 5 tires required WB. So alloy doesn't require WB doesn't always hold good. It depends on the road surface. On bad roads we usually will have uneven tire wear and that would required WB. Unless and until one drives on roads like NH7/NH9 one would require WB irrespective of whether it is alloy or steel. And 10 K is no rule for WB but since I get the 5 tire rotation done I get the WB done as well. Any way it wont cost if they don't add metal pieces for balancing.
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    When I tried to rotate after 5K, the infamous pulling issue cropped up :( So had to leave to current setup and did a WB.
    Btw, AV motors seems to be a good experience compared what we get here in BLR!
    PradeepM likes this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Saji,

AV is good, but is it the best I am not sure yet . My limited encounters with them so far has always been pretty good till date and I am happy. Also I ensure that I stay around to have all the things done to my satisfaction.
    Rotation is important, I know the left pull issue is the most common issue we all face, however it can be fixed, may take a few attempts.
    Kindly have the rotation done to avoid any premature wear of tyres. Replacing the set of 4 of your 16 inchers would cost you a bomb, so keep them maintained so that you can extract maximum life out of them.
    Also as you are in Bangalore, try Madhu's for WA & WB, most of the folks here goto them, and the feedback is excellent.
    You can connect with Arun or Krishna for information. Let me loop them too into this conversation.

@arun_joise and @nkrishnap Kindly share the details of Madhu's with Sajji.

Cheers,
    pdma.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2015
    Jagan Mohan Reddy and Saji Babu like this.
  4. vinayk

vinayk Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @PradeepM Got WA, WB and tyre rotation done yesterday @ Madhu's, Bangalore. Had a decent experience.
    Will observe during next few weeks for any pulling/ vibrations etc.

Briefly met fellow member @KingCM at Madhu's! He has a face-lifted PW linea Emotion, same as mine.
    We stay close by but never got a chance to meet though

Regards,
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    That's nice to know Saji,

Kindly keep us all updated .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  7. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Strange issue with my key remote. Suddenly it stopped working at evening, so while returing visited Fiat service on the way though it was closed at around 7:30PM, they managed to get a screw driver and removed the battery and cleaned it inside and it started working again. But after returning home by around 10PM it didn't work to lock the car. So used manual key to lock it. Next day changed the battery of remote key fob, it worked in the morning and but again didn't work by afternoon.
    At night it worked again, don't know what's going wrong with the remote even after replacing with new battery. The car is just 5 months old Linea emotion diesel.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @linea4me

Moisture/some imperceptible damp inside?
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mate,

May be an issue with the circuit itself. Get FASC to check the entire circuit and replace if the key is found faulty. Also the reception circuit inside the car can also be checked to rule out the option of the issue being else where apart from the key. Kindly keep is updated.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    I faced a similar issue which was intermittent. Two weeks back FASS replaced the actuator on both the driver side doors and issue has not occurred since then. It was replaced under warranty, will update my ownership thread with this detail some time this week.
    prabhjot, linea4me and PradeepM like this.