1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Timing Kit + front disks +All oil replace + general service + belts with tensionar + labour = 27k
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You Anil,

Arun Joise recently paid 22k for his 60k service (as updated in his ownership thread) as the timing chain kit is expensive. Also I see that you got the discs too changed on your car which might have inflated to the bill.
    While I agree that 27k is huge, I don't smell any rat by FASC in terms of the bill.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    arun_josie likes this.
  3. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    linea4me and PradeepM like this.
  4. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Service Update

Odo Reading : 14950 KM.

Type of Service : Free - 1 Year (15000KM).
    Service Center : AV Motors - Hyderabad.
    Service Cost : Rs 4962/-.
    Wheel Balancing & Alignment : Rs 848/-.
    Taxes : Rs 843.
    Total : Rs 6653/-.

It is close to 10 months and the car has clocked close to 15k and it was time for the second scheduled service. The appointment was pre booked for Monday 14-Dec and I was at the service center by 915 AM. I parked the car inside and saw that the entire service staff was in a hurdle along with the GM - Service @ AV Motors.
    Srinivas was the service adviser assigned and he came to me by 930 AM and the Job card was opened.

Issues to report

1) Driver door squeaking (during opening and closing)
    2) Trip B on ODO was stuck from a few weeks.
    3) Missing plastic screw cap on windshield (Pic shared below)

Regular schedule @ 15000 KM

1) Change of engine oil.
    2) Oil Filter
    3) Fuel Filter
    4) AC Filter
    5) Wheel alignment, balancing and rotation (every 5k).
    6) General checkup
    7) Wash.

By 10 AM the car was in the service bay, with all the needed parts assigned to the mechanic.
    The seat and the steering wheel were properly covered, to avoind any unnecessary marks.

Cover.jpg

The car was raised on the hydraulic lift and a through under-body check was done, the suspension was checked and any loose nuts and bolts were tightened.

Checks.jpg

In the next 2 hours, all the 4 filters were changed, engine oil was drained and the new oil was refilled. A new drain plug was installed. Battery was checked and got the needed top up of distilled water. Regular checks of bulbs, and other electrical components was done. The other fluids were topped up as needed, wheels were balanced, rotated and aligned thoroughly.

Oil.jpg

Allignment.jpg

Post this they connected the computer and reset the service interval. They have reset the trip settings as well (as the Trip B was stuck). I got the technician to check for the error log and noticed one error which read something like " Clutch & break signal", they said it is nothing to worry and the log was cleared. When I spoke to another friend he mentioned that this can be because of a possible stall of the car, which did happen when I was driving in heavy traffic.

Diagnostics.jpg

The squeaking driver door was adjusted and greased and the sound no longer exists.
    They did find the screw cap as well and had it fixed where it was needed thumbs%20up.gif .

Screw Cap.jpg

We went for a test drive to check and confirm that all is well, post which the car is sent for a foam wash & interior vacuum. The dashboard and tires were also polished as expected.

I had a short conversation with the mechanic and informed me that the break pads would last another 15k , and since the tires were always aligned at regular intervals he said I may need not worry regarding the tyre change upto 50K. These words were assuring as I always want to keep the maintenance cost as low as possible.

The maintenance cost per KM is just around 50 paise which can definitely be considered as very good and more over the first paid service of the car would be at 45000KM, which gives you sense of relaxation and saving of atleast 6-7 K in terms of labor when compared to a few other manufacturers.

The stock interiors still holding well and it takes an effort to keep them clean.

Interior2.jpg

Interior 1.jpg

Summary of the bill.

Bill1.jpg
    Bill 2.jpg

The car all decked up for another 15000KM run. Planning a short run during Christmas weekend to enjoy the dive and the machine as usual smile.gif .

15000 KM.jpg

Cheers,
    pradeep.
    KPR, antony1405, Turbothinghy and 7 others like this.
  5. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you for such a nice write up.

Point 5) under regular schedule , do you rotate your wheels at every 5k? I dont think they rotated my wheels in 5K service/checkup. only WA/WB was done.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    After i complain to FIAT customer care , got a call from the team and asked me to visit the showroom.So i have visited the showroom on next Saturday. My reported issues are 1.front suspension noise 2.Timing chain drag sound 3.water leak in front windshield.

The service manger and me went for the drive and i have shown him the issues and the same he shown to the 2 mechanics.

feedback i got from service manager :

1.For suspension issue -- i have changed recently the car front Tyre to 205/55/15 for better handling and back left as 195/60/15.
    So service manager is saying the change in Tyre size causing the suspension sound.

After i found the sound ,its doing from the wheels well guards are not properly aligned and screws were missed.it solved my problem.

2.Timing chain issue -- Because i have not changed the timing kit at 60 k and changed at 90 k that's why its noisy.I was shocked with his explanation and replied that you are agreeing that its a timing chain and still you are arguing like because not replaced in interval.
    And when i asked what is the solution about this,he still saying timing kit is fine and sound might be from engine pistons,connecting rod ete .. and asking me permission to open the head and diagnose which i denied and decided to show it with my brother in Hyderabad.
    (Subbarao - 15+ yrs exp in automobile industry as technical mechanic .Earlier i had a tata safari which used to service by him and some of the TATA safari-club team.He do all kind of CRDI & petrol engines.)
    This month end i am visiting HYD and will push to him for his views.

3.For Windshield , RAM KAY said it was done in AV motors , hyd they has to bare the cost of re fixing the glass.I called AV motors hyd and scolded left and right and they were agreed to do it free in Turbo fiat VJA showroom.

This is my bad experiences with fiat service.Before linea i never serviced any car (Esteem,palio,fiesta,Tata Safari) in showroom so there were no issues.So decided to not to give the vehicle in show room next time onwards.

This month end i am travelling to shirdi ,any fiat members interested can join with me. I am travelling from Chennai -hyd - shirdi. From 29th morning i am starting to shidi from BHEL.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Avithe,

I so get the rotation done every 5k, and it is done when we insist. Else during the first free service, the WA is just checked and they don't even take care of WB.

I read and was advised by many to get rotation, WB & WA every 5k so I am following the schedule.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Saji Babu and avithe1 like this.
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM Anna I guess WA, WB and rotation every 5 K is an overkill unless you are driving on real pot holed roads. I guess WA @ every 5K and WA, WB and rotation @ every 10 K should more than suffice. If one is driving mostly on highways then even a 7.5 and 15 K interval would be good enough.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have one point .. its not a base line that u must do WB & WA at 5k or 10 k.while driving on road you can check where the car is pulling left or right ,then ..you can do that check.even 5k kms also most of the times the WA will not be a problem .
    For Alloy wheels WB is not an issue,ifthe car rattling in high speeds you can check that ,
    For Steel rims ,WB is mandatory check for atleast 5 k -8k kms.
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You Nibed,

I will check again on the inputs I received from other folks on the 5k KM part.
    I was just thinking, If need to spend say Rs 800/- every time, which would kind of give me additional 15k - 20 k KM life for my tires, then spending just over Rs 3000/- is worth it :).

Hello Anil,

Thanks for the pointer on alloy wheels, as I was not aware of this.

Also in general, the roads in Hyderabad are not so great in terms of smoothness, so may be getting WA done at regular interval helps.

Cheers,
    pdma.