1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Vishi,

Yes, the Linea being a heavy car is not at all bad with the FE, when driven appropriately .

Definitely hoping that the engine will ease out more after the 15k service, and absolutely no plans of remap, I like to keep the car stock and this is the same reason I have not added any accessories (except for the magnetic window shades) or changed anything that came with the car so far .

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Vishi and nikhil0405 like this.
  2. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I travel monthly once from chennai-(510kms)-vijayawada-(510kms)-chennai.My Linea is giving me 17.5-19.5 km/l.And i do long drives very frequent.Last month i went to kodaikanal and it gave me 19 km/l ,maintained speed 100-110 kmh.

while climbing hills in 2nd gear i noticed the timing sound.But luckily car brought me up to chennai.Recently serviced with RAMKAY fiat.They have changed complete oils ,belts and timing chain,given me a bill of 27k.

present odo:92000kms
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Anil, for sharing the information.
    That's pretty good FE your car is returning.
    A quick question, did you replace the timing chain at 60k or was it postponed till the noise showed up.
    Kindly let us know.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  4. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Actually fiat recommends to change at 60k kms.But the usage of the car,dont use top gears much and if car running on flat roads i dont think will have an issue.I have bought a second hand car in hyd and with stock timing kit.When i bought, the odo was 72k kms and in 7 months i have roamed south india till Ramesaram and recently to kanyakumari.As i said this is the first time i have changed the timing kit.
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. linea4me

linea4me Amatore

kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Any idea what does Fiat mean by premium paint colours on Linea brochure.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Mate,

Not 100% sure, may be they decide to call all other colours apart from while and black as "premium", instead of metallic and non metallic like some manufacturers.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Pleasant Experience at AV motors.

Today, I went to AV motors service center at Sanath nagar for PDI of 2 cars (90 HP Evo and a TJet), not mine though smile.gif . I tagged along with the owners on their request as I had a day off.
    While we were about to start the process, accompanied with the staff, the SA - Sandeep walked upto me and said while you are busy with the PDI, why don't we get your car a complimentary wash. I for sure felt happy about this nice gesture.

Thank You AV thumbs%20up.gif .

PS : The sales lead naresh was present during the PDI and he was very patient with us. We spent about 2 hours with both the cars before we nodded our heads with satisfaction. The cars would be driven home by their owners later this week :)

Cheers,
    pdma.
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
    prabhjot and arun_josie like this.
  8. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Pradeep,

This is the stunt they do to attract ..and pleased. i believe the service people are not at all technically sound. i have changed the front suspension and some service.Which i was not satisfied and escalated to the Manager but no use.Paint job worse in AV motors.And for service they say something and do something, i have paid around 30,000 /- for work i did. Quality of work is sucks and they need money.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Anil,

30k is big, what all was done, was there any accidental damage (as there was suspension and paint job involved, just an assumption).

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. arun_josie

arun_josie Amatore

Bangalore
    If they charged 30K for a standard servicing then definitely it is on the higher side.
    Which service was this? Ex: 30K, 45K, 60L etc. And what repair works were conducted?
    PradeepM likes this.