1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Grey Linea 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by PradeepM, Feb 22, 2015.

1. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Great going @PradeepM 10,000+kms in 7 months. You are acheiving a good FE in city conditions. My linea gives me a mileage of 16.8kmpl, which is standard since 15 days. You are munching miles with your MJD. Have fun with your MJD. DRIVE SAFE.

Cheers!!!!
    CSR
    PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    It was a lazy Sunday, and just after breakfast the discussion opened up as to what can be done for the rest of the day. Without any second thoughts we decided to drive, the next question obviously was to where ?. Folks from Hyderabad are not fortunate unlike people from other cities who may have some good options around to drive. With limited options available we decided to go to an old temple in Amma Palli (near Shamshabad) and later drive to zaheerabad for lunch.

A few pics of the old Ramalayam in Amma Palli. One needs to take the straight road right next to the Shamshabad main bus stand and after about 4 km you would find an arch on your left which will lead you to the temple premises.

A few pics of the place.

Temple Inside.jpg

Temple2.jpg

Temple 3.jpg

The Koneru which is surprisingly dry in-spite of the rains last week.

Koneru.jpg

Ample parking around.

Ample parking.jpg

cartemple.jpg

After spending about an hour here, we moved on for lunch. The place was decided on the way and we stopped at Hill Park which had some good reviews. We have never been to this place before, the concept looked interesting where you can park your car next to your table. The food was not bad, however it felt a little pricy for the quantity being served.

Hill Park.jpg

The lazy drive (speed 80-90kmph, rpm between 1600-1800, AC -100% @ 23 degrees) did return a very strong FE.

FE.jpg

The sole intention was to have a pleasurable drive and the purpose was definitely achieved smile.gif .

Cheers,
    pradeep
    linea4me, novicefreak, Ganges and 4 others like this.
  3. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Saji Babu How was your recent trip. How you had an amazing time.

Cheers,
    pradeep
  4. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Pradeep,

It was fun and hectic too. Drove around 2000+ kms in few days!
    Will share my experience later this week (might not be as detailed as yours :) )

I am back to a sea of emails after a week's gap, haven't got enough time yet.

Thanks for asking.

Regards,
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. novicefreak

novicefreak Novizio

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Great find @Pradeep!!! Pic with FIAT and Temple Arch in background is outstanding!!!

You may plan out few more places, continue that NH towards Thimmapur/Kothur. Quite a few temple signboards enroute, (though I haven't visited yet, plan to do so in near future) also there is one particular stretch before 1st toll gate where the scenery of fresh green fields either sides and the NH just opens up for more torque...

Nice FE figures, must admit, your post is literally a live - manual to wannabe Linea owners.
    Saji Babu and PradeepM like this.
  6. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Those are some kind words. Thank you buddy :).

Cheers,
    pradeep.
  7. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Reporting a couple of minor mishaps over the past few weeks, service @ FIAT camp and an upcoming drive plan.

Incident 1: My father was at the wheel and we were supposed to turn into a narrow lane on the left. So, naturally to steer the long car he pulled right and the car jerked with a loud noise. The front right wheel of car landed in a deep ditch covered with grass, making it impossible for anyone to notice. After two attempts and some help with stones around I managed to pull the car out. There was no visible damage as such except for a very minor bend on the front bumper which I was able to correct after applying some counter force.
    The next morning when I rolled the car out from the parking I noticed that the steering wheel is misaligned and tilted towards the right. Surprisingly it was not present the previous day after the incident on our way back home. I planned to have this corrected the subsequent day. The next morning just before getting into the car I noticed that a flat tyre (left front). Since I was running out of time I decided to leave it the way it was and took the Santro to work. I thought I would have the puncture corrected in the evening, however my father who was at home that day called a nearby puncturewala who came home and fixed it.
    Now the next day when I got into the car I noticed that the steering auto corrected and the tilt is no longer evident, I absolutely have no idea how this happened.

Incident 2: On my way back from work on a busy evening, a careless overspending biker bumped into the car at a traffic signal where I halted on the extreme right. I heard a thud and the jerk, I turned my attention to the rear view mirror and I can see him hurriedly backing up. In the next few seconds he squeezed through the pile of the vehicles ahead of my car and took off in the free left lane. What was he doing on the right when we had to go extreme left :banghead:(or may be he escaped).
    I moved on with a heavy heart, a few pics below thankfully the damage was 2 small scratches and not pretty bad as I expected (the thick hard plastic cladding came to the rescue).

Scratch.jpg

Found this different looking insect the other day.

Insect.jpg

Taking advantage of the upcoming Dussehara vacation we planned a trip starting this Friday 16 Oct. We would be doing the below route between Oct 16 - Oct 24.

Hyderabad - Bangalore - Virajpet - Kannur - Mysore - Bangalore - Hyderabad.
    Mysore was included again as my family was not present when I was there last time.

Approximate distance to be covered - 2000 km.
    No of days - 8
    No of drivers - 2 (Me & my father)
    No of Passengers - 4 (3 adults & a 5 year old)

The plan was very tentative until last Saturday, however since we had a rough plan I decided to have a through checkup of the car done during the recent FIAT camp at AV Motors. The following things were thoroughly checked, Iam very satisfied with the way things were handled & we are all decked up for the trip.
    • Fluid levels.
    • Battery health.
    • Full under-body check.
    • Battery terminals were sprayed with some blue mixture and I was informed that this would prevent carbon deposits.
    • Air filter was cleaned.
    • Suspension was checked and any minor loose nuts were tightened.
    • The rear left mud flap had lost a screw and was half hanging, this was fixed too.
    • Headlights were adjusted as I noticed that the the high beam was focused earlier. The adjustment addressed the issue.
    • Steering needed a very minor adjustment and it was done.
    • No alignment issues noticed.
    • Complete body wash was done.
    Total time taken - 2 hours.
    Amount charged - Rs 0.00

Updated FE chart & few pics of the numbers.

Fuel Pump.jpg
    16.2.jpg
    $6C2D648C42DE1AC7.jpg

I spent a few hours on Saturday waxing the car after preparing the surface. These layers of wax should be protecting the paint from the harsh highway dust, bug hits and very minor stone hits. The final result below.

Wax.jpg

Cheers,
    pradeep.

View attachment Frustration.gif
  8. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @PradeepM : Hope you plan to cover muzhappilangad beach @ Kannur. Dont miss it. Its a very good Drive-in beach.

- CM
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. PradeepM

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thank You buddy,

Yes, that is definitely on my list. Also if you have been there would you be able to recommend any places to stay. For now Iam thinking of Mascot beach resort post reading the reviews.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  10. King CM

King CM Amatore

Bangalore
    @PradeepM - I had been there for a colleague's marriage and he had booked in Kannur city itself from where you can reach the beaches or other tourist places like the fort(Even Thalassery is nearby).

The place I stayed is decent and its called Sadhoo Inn - http://sadhooinn.com
    Although I dont have the cost details. If reqd, can check and let you know.

- CM
    PradeepM likes this.